Saturday, 29 September 2012

Current Obsession - Louis Vuitton

*Disclaimer - I am not saying that I have the money to go out straight away and purchase all of any of these products. I am just simply sharing with my readers the designers products that I love and would love to own at some point. If you do not agree with designer products and are going to be offended by continuing to read this post then please do not continue to do so :) At the end of the day we are all entitled to our opinion and I won't be offended if you close the page now. Its up to you ...*

Hello everyone :) I hope you're all having an amazing weekend so far! The weather here in London hasn't been amazing today and although it is a little windy there has been a fair bit of sunshine - at least it isn't raining!!

As my frequent blog readers will know, my blog mainly consists of product reviews. However, I want to try and include a wide range of features that everyone would enjoy reading. As this is the Little Beauty Blogg the things I feature will of course be beautiful and this is why I want to start this new range of features with Louis Vuitton - eeeeeep!!

So, as many of you may or may not know (I have realised I say that quite a bit on here; I do apologise!) I love Louis Vuitton. I just think they're gorgeous and the history behind the brand just makes you appreciate how precious Vuitton items are!

I am a very very lucky girl because I actually own a Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 in the Monogram canvas print. This bag was purchased on the 29th of May 2012 and to be quite frank I LOVE IT! However, the issue I have regarding the untreated Vachetta leather - it is just so temperamental; you can't get it wet, use any hand creme and then touch the leather, spray any perfume/aftershave near the leather, touch the bag with anything greasy and because the leather is so pale it gets dirty so easily*. Even though I have said this I love my little Louis and I am so so protective of it .. This is why I am looking into getting another bag in the treated leather and canvas version (Deamier Ebene) or the leather version (Monogram Vernis) so that I can bash it around a bit more rather than protect it like it's the crown jewels! Although I still would be very protective of the other bags ...

As I have already said I love love love Vuitton and I just think it's so classy and elegant - a bit like myself ... Ooh I joke haha!! In all seriousness, I just love how prestigious the brand is and how amazing their quality is! Although, some Vuitton lovers would argue that the quality of the products are not what they used to be, I still know that they were last for many many many years if well looked after and they're such investment pieces - I would love to gather an amazing collection of designer handbags during my time on this earth and pass them down to my future little girls!

Anyway, I have already babbled on for far too long and I do apologise for doing so! This blog is going to be the first in the 'Current Obsession' series' and I just really wanted to feature Vuitton! Therefore, below is going to be a few pictures and descriptions of the items I have on my 'wishlist'.

Shall we contine first with the bags I am most likely to purchase sooner rather than later :) ?...

Neverfall MM/GM in Damier Ebene - N51105 £480.00/ N51106 £510.00

I never really used to be a huge fan of this bag. I was looking at it around the time I was deciding whether or not to get my Speedy and I just didn't think the bag was for me! I am a person who likes to either carry their bag in the crook of their arm of on one shoulder as a side bag. However, recently I have been seeing this bag everywhere! If any of you have ever been to London or do in fact live here and are aware of what the Louis Vuitton prints/styles are you will notice that pratically everybody has one and at the moment it seems to be the Neverfall. I don't like this bag because everyone else has it (I'm not one of those people who follows what the rest of the crowd is doing - I'm not a sheep!) I like it because seeing it on different people wearing different outfits and carrying it in different ways has really made this bag grow on me. The bag is literally shaped like a bucket and therefore would be perfect for carrying all of my books around in. I like the MM size but I think I would go for the GM because it is just that little bit bigger and I could use it for university as well as being used for travelling - especially when I am going home; I always seem to have a load of randoms in my bag!

What do Louis Vuitton say about the bags?
Neverfall MM - 'This adaptable bag in Damier canvas can be used as a tote with large storage space, or tightened by its side-laces to make a smaller city bag**.'
Neverfall GM - 'A large tote bag in Damier canvas, ideal for every occasion. Very agile, its shape and storage space can be adjusted by tightening the leather draw strings on each side. It looks great either way**.'


Personally I don't think that the bags look nice when they're pulled in and tightened as the shape they take on is completely different; I would wear it how it is pictured below...
                                               Neverfall MM in Damier Ebene £410.00***
                                                  (width 12.6 x height 11.4 x depth 6.3)****
 
 Neverfall GM £510.00***
(width 15.4 x height 12.6 x depth 7.9)****
 
A size comparison between all three different sizes and an illustration of how the bag would be worn, typically.
 
 
Speedy 35 in Damier Ebene - N41523 £460.00

This is the bag that I am most likely to purchase next as it is the treated version of my Monogram Speedy. I absolutely adore my other Speedy and this is why I would love to buy this one as well. You may be thinking that having two bags that are exactly the same but just different styles is a total waste of my money - maybe you're right; who knows? My justification for wanting this style as well is because it is a much more darker version and the leather is not as temperamental. Therefore, I could always use this bag in the winter time and not have to worry about any rain drops falling onto the leather and causing it to patina faster. This bag is also a lot less 'flash' if any of you are familiar with the Monogram print then you will know that is has LV all over it - this attracts some stalkers, in the small town I am originally from! I also love the Damier print because I think it would be perfect for winter time and the darker tones would look amazing with warm cosy winter clothes (although my Monogram Speedy looks stunning with anything!!)

What does Louis Vuitton say about the bag?

'The Speedy is an iconic Louis Vuitton design. Its simple lines and chic Damier Ebene canvas immediately appeal to women with an eye for fashion. The perfect bag for the city.'**


 
 Speedy 35 in Damier Ebene £460.00***
(width 13.8 x height 9.1 x depth 7.1)****


A size comparison between all three different sizes and an illustration of how the bag would be worn, typically.
 
 
Now that I have shared with you the bags that I am seriously considering purchasing, should we have a look at my 'wishlist' items? ...
 
Zippy Wallet in Monogram Vernis leather - M91536/M93522 £515.00

Where do I start; I LOVE this purse!!!! I just think it is so so elegant and it would go perfect with the bag I eventually want to own (pictured further down). The colours that this purse is available in are just so gorgeous and vibrant. This really is such a stunning and eye catching piece and I would be honoured to pull this little beauty out of my handbag - in fact, I probably would walk around showing it off; it's that beautiful!! Of course, being a purple lover the purple'ish colours are the ones that jump out at me and I cannot make my mind up between 'Rouge Fauviste' and 'Amarante' - although I think 'Amarante' tops it for me!

What does Louis Vuitton say about the purse?

'Prepare to dazzle with the Zippy Wallet in gorgeous Monogram Vernis leather. A gorgous combination of superb functionality, generous space and an all-round zip'**

This purse is available in the normal canvas styles (Monogram, Damier Ebene and Damier Azure) but the Monogram Vernis leather is just so much more elegant. This purse is made of real leather and is huge inside. There really is room for everything and the all-round zip closure makes sure that nothing can fall out. I hate it when your purse falls open and coins are laying all over in the bottom of your bag - especially in a Speedy, they're like a black hole!

**Product details provided by Louis Vuitton:

- Eight credit card slots.
- Open compartment for bank notes.

- Zipped compartment for coins.
- Three large compartments for papers and passport.

- Two inside patch pockets.

 Monogram Vernis leather Zippy Wallet in the colour 'Rouge Fauviste' (M91536) £515.00***
 
Monogram Vernis leather Zippy Wallet in the colour 'Amarante' (M93522) £515.00***
 

Inside of the Zippy Wallet - 'Amarante'
 
 
Zippy Coin Purse in Monogram Vernis leather M91534/M93607 £275.00
Sometimes I think it is nice to just have a small purse especially when you only want to take the essentials out with you. Sometimes it just gets annoying having to carry everything around with you and it's nice to be able to only take money and some cards with you - I have so so many cards it is unreal; I currently have 18 in my purse!!! You may be thinking why would you spend £275.00 on a purse ... well as you will see below I have a dream bag and when I eventually get around to saving the money for this beauty I will want everything to match it ... therefore, I would have no way of escaping paying the large price tag! I think this purse is super cute and maybe if I ever get around to going and taking a look at the Zippy Wallet in the Monogram Vernis I will ask to also have a look at this Zippy Coin Purse and see which one I prefer - there is quite a substantial difference in price but ultimately, I think I would get more use out of the larger Zippy Wallet. Again I like the colours 'Rouge Fauviste' and 'Amarante' and I think 'Amarante' is the colour I would choose - for the bag, Zippy Wallet and Zippy Coin Purse.

What does Louis Vuitton say about the purse?

Compact yet extremely practical to use with a wide zipper closure, this multifunction coin purse, fashioned in stylish Monogram embossed patent leather, houses coins as well as cards and folded bills' **
** Product details provided by Louis Vuitton:

- Discreetly embossed Monogram Vernis leather, calfskin lining shiny golden brass pieces.
- Wide zipper closure.
- Four credit card slots.
- Two pockets for bills and reciepts.
- Two large coin compartments.
- One business card slot.
 
Aaaaaaaah, it just sounds so perfect!! I sure do have my eye on this gorgeous little coin purse! It will take a lot of saving but in the end I am sure it will be worth it!
 
Monogram Vernis leather Zippy Coin Purse in 'Rouge Fauviste' (M91536) £275.00***

Monogram Vernis leather Zippy Coin Purse in 'Amarante' (M93607) £275.00***
 
Inside of the Zippy Coin Purse - 'Amarante'
 
Alma GM in Monogram Vernis leather - M91687/M93595 £1,410.00

Oh my gosh this is the bag!! I really cannot describe how much I love this bag! This is one of the Louis Vuitton bags that you do not see everywhere. I have seen it around a few times but it isn't as common as the Monogram canvas, Damier Ebene canvas and Damier Azure canvs prints. You may be thinking Elysia why would you pay that amount of money on a handbag!? All I can say is that I am slighty crazy! When I was purchasing my Speedy 35 at the New Bond Street Masion I noticed this bag just sitting there ever so pretty and it literally made weak at the knees - I realise this sounds exceptionally sad but handbags/purses and sometimes shoes are my weakness. Especially handbags and purses .. as you have probably already guessed by now! This is my ultimate Louis Vuitton bag (as I have already said above) and one day I will own it. As with the purses above, the same two colours have always caught my eye with this this bag and they are again 'Rouge Fauviste' and 'Amarante'. As much as I love 'Rough Fauviste' the colour I would choose is 'Amarante' - I just think it's so dark and luxurious! This is such a beautiful beautiful bag and again I would be honoured to introduce this to my collection ... One day though :)!!!!

What does Louis Vuitton say about this bag?

'Inspired by the shape invented in the 30's by Gaston Vuitton, the Alma GM is a classic of the house. Hand held, this bag is covered with Monogram Vernis leather and is closed with a padlock' **

I just think that this bag is so iconic, along with the Speedy. The shape is gorgeous and the finish of the Monogram Vernis is just wonderful! This is such an eye catching and elegant piece and worth every penny in my mind. When I was saying before that over the many many years of my life I want to establish a stunning collection of designer handbags that are pratical, beautiful and long lasting this is up there with the holy grail of handbags - I would even compare loving this bag as much as I love the Birkin by Hermes (another bag I would love to eventually own)

Monogram Vernis leather Alma GM in the colour 'Rouge Fauviste' (M91687) £1,410.00***
(width 7.1 x height 11.0 x depth 15.0)****
 
Monogram Vernis leather Alma GM in the colour 'Amarante' (M93595) £1,410.00***
width 7.1 x height 11.0 x depth 15.0)****
 
A size comparison between the two different sizes and an illustration of how they would be worn, typically (on the picture it says Alma MM - there is no Alma MM on the Louis Vuitton website. It is only the smaller Alma or Alma GM bag on there)
 
 
Well my gorgeous blog readers, this is all for todays feature. I hope you enjoyed reading it and looking at some beautiful Louis Vuitton pieces. I said at the start of this post that I was a HUGE fan of the brand but maybe now you will be able to see how much I am in love with some of their designs! As you may also be able to tell over many years I have a lot of saving to be done in order to afford these pieces but one day I will have them - although it will be many more years down the line!!

What do you think of my first 'Current Obsession' post? Have you enjoyed it or would you not like to see anymore of these featured again? Also, what do you think of Louis Vuitton? Do you like their designers or do you prefer another designer/high street brand?
 
If you are a huge Louis Vuitton fan then please feel free to get in touch with me or comment on this post with any questions you have - I am always willing to answer then if I am able to :) Please also feel free to email/comment with any questions you might have regarding my Monogram Speedy 35. Would any of my readers be interested on a review post of my bag? Or maybe a post of how to detect whether or not a Speedy is fake or genuine Vuitton? Just leave a comment and let me know!
 
I hope you have all had an amazing Saturday and I will see you soon with a new post :) Lots of love, Elysia xxxxxxxxxxxx
 
 
* You may be wondering why I bought such a temperamental bag anyway... The things I have mentioned do not in anyway mean that I don't like my Monogram Speedy because I absolutely adore it. I just wanted to mention those things to illustrate why I would like the get a Damier Ebene print next and why I also like the Monogram Vernis leather designs.
** All product descriptions and product details have been taken from the Official Louis Vuitton website http://www.louisvuitton.co.uk/front/#/eng_GB/Homepage
 
*** All prices for the products have been taken off the Official Louis Vuitton website http://www.louisvuitton.co.uk/front/#/eng_GB/Homepage and were correct at the time I published this blog feature - please note that Louis Vuitton never have a sale and there are a very limited number of online sellers (other than the official site). Any site that is claiming to sell official Louis Vuitton products at sale prices is a fake. Louis Vuitton do not pass their damaged/unsuitable items onto other compaies to sell at sale prices - they either destory them or sell them to staff at very knocked down prices ... if the price seems too good to be true then it is; its fake!!
 
**** All of the sizes that are listed are taken from the Official Louis Vuitton website.


No comments:

Post a Comment