Sunday, 4 November 2012

Mini beauty haul - yes, another one!

So today I went to Harrods with a delightful friend (who also happens to blog but isn't on Twitter - she will be soon though!) and picked up a few beauty products. I would like to say that I bought them all from Harrods but unfortunately for me and luckily for my bank balance I didn't!

We had a mooch around Harrods and were amazed by their christmas windows - they're all Disney characters in dresses that have been designed by top designers WOW! They also have a Disney world up on the 4th floor - it isn't what we expected though; it's basically just a Disney store in Harrods.

Anyway, I will do a post on the dresses at some point and include the pictures that I took of them because I know those fashion obsessed lovelies who don't live in London or those Disney fans will want to see them :)

I'm going off on a tangent ... We had a little walk around Knightsbride and got some food in the borough. We then got off the tube at Hyde Park Corner and walked onto Oxford Street - I have been all over today picking up beauty items on my way!

 
 
As you can see, I popped into Primark and picked up 4 things that were super inexpensive:

- Tissues 60p for 4 packs of 10 tissues.
 
- Headbands £1 for 5 ... these were bought for when applying cleanser and toner so get my hair out of my face and so it doesn't all go in the cream!
 
- Cosmetic pads £1 for 2 packs of 80 - these are super cheap and I don't use them for cleansing or toning. Their quality, of course, isn't amazing but they're perfect for using with nail varnish remover!
 
- Moroccan Argan Oil - this only cost £1 for 18ml of product. I only picked it up because my friend said she used it and really liked it. For £1 I thought I would pick it up as it wasn't expensive and doesn't matter whether I like it or not! I shall keep you updated!a
 
Something I have been wanting for a long time is a Tangle Teezer! When I came out of Harrods I noticed Space NK right in front of me! I actually live round the corner from one here in Central but I have never been in - silly I know! I have heard so much stuff about this shop and so I thought I would go in! I noticed the Tangle Teezers and there was 2 different ones - a black and pink Compact one and then the original one in Pink and one in Black. I opted for pink because it caught my eye more!
 
I used this Tangle Teezer to brush my hair before getting in the shower and during the shower. I'm not originally from London (I'm from the North West of England) and I'm only here for university. I have noticed that when I'm here my hair matts in the shower because the weather is so hard - I'm used to soft water and my hair hates hard water! Anyway usually in the shower I mult loads and loose a lot of hair - this is something that I don't like :( Today I used the Tangle Teezer and hardly lost any - amazing!!!!
 
 I purchased this from Space NK in Knightsbridge and as you can see it cost £10.
 
This is amazing and really is worth the £10 I paid! It can be used wet or dry and honestly works amazing both ways! I am thinking of going back to my local Space NK and purchasing the Compact version of the Tangle Teezer as it will be perfect for going in my bag and perfect for travelling!
 
Another thing that I picked up today is something lots of beauty bloggers have and something lots of beauty bloggers have their eye on! You can probably see from the picture od everything I bought that I picked up a Topshop highlighter! Yes, I purchased their highlighter in Crescent Moon!!! I applied my makeup earlier today and hadn't touched it up (I never touch my makeup up). When I got back I quickly applied some onto my cheek bones and it looked nice! A lot more subtle than NARS 'Albatross', I think.
 

I again picked this up from the Topshop in Knightsbridge and it cost £10 - However, I got it for £9 as I used my student card which entitled me to 10% off.
 
I'd love to know what you have been buying yourself this weekend, comment below :) Let me know what you think of the things I bought and whether you have tried them or whether you would like to!
 
I shall be reviewing the oil, Tangle Teezer and Topshop highlighter more in depth at some point in the future! I hope you have all had an amazing weekend.
 



6 comments:

  1. Ah, I think I need a tangle teezer in my life. My hair gets so knotted :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing! So glad I picked one up! xx

      Delete
  2. I need a tangle teezer! :D hahha gonna help me so much!
    hareem
    http://iheartmexo.blogspot.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Doesn't pull or yank at your hair either! I shall be posting a full review on it at some point in the future :) Xxxx

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the tangle teezer, excited the review! :)
    I found your blog via the twitter chat, I love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing and definitely worth the £10 I paid - it's been a total life saver :)
      Aww thank you! I'm glad you found me and like what I write about :D xxxx

      Delete