Monday, 5 November 2012

The Liebster Blog Award!

As you all know I haven't been blogging for long at all and I am a newbie to the beauty blogging world so when I recieved a nomination for the Liebster Blog Award I was over the moon! I was nominated for this award by Pretty Luscious Things (website here) and I am very thankful!!

For those of you who don't know what the Leibster Blog Award is; it's basically a nomination from someone who loves your blog and wants to show it/you some blog love. The blogs that can be nominated for this award are seen as being the up and coming blogs and to be entered for it they must have less than 200 friends - whether this is via GFC or Twitter I don't know!

As my readers know I was tagged in and tagged 11 other bloggers in a post the other day. This is basically the same thing as what I am going to do now but it wasn't for an award. Therefore, I will start afresh and therefore take no notice of that feature - this is the one that matters :)



Anyway, lets get into the nitty gritty and do what is required of me :)

The rules: To receive the Liebster Blog Award the nominated blogger must:-

  • Reveal 11 random things about themselves

  • Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated them has set

  • Create 11 more questions & tag 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers & holler at them so they know they've been nominated!

  • No tag backs!
11 Random things about me:

1) When I was younger I split my head open and I have a little scar - but my hair covers it.
2) I have a birthmark on my left hand but I wasn't born with it; it appeared a few days later.
3) My favourite colour is purple.
4) I always take far too many pictures of random things.
5) I can't walk in a straight line - I'm just useless at it!
6) I have a rather large phobia of snakes.
7) I hate the feeling of cotton wool.
8) I absolutely love tomato sauce but hate tomatoes.
9) I am probably the worlds most fussiest eater and I could eat the same foods over and over without getting bored.
10) I have my ears pierced twice.
11) I always wear leggings/jeggings and cardigans - I like to be comfy!

Pretty Luscious Things questions to me:

1. Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging because I was home from university for the summer and I found I was getting a little bored. My days used to be filled up and I'd always have something to do whether that was going to uni, revising for exams, packing for moving out or doing things around London; I was always on the go. Being back at home meant I had moved out and had no work to get done. Exams were over and it was my time to chill. I found I was watching YouTube channels a lot (I love FleurDeForce, Miss Ally V and The Claudia Couture) and I wanted to get in on the action. I bought a few make up products one day and decided I'd take some pictures and start blogging as a hobby - I didn't EVER think people would like what I wrote and enjoy reading it!

2. What is the biggest misconception that people have about your blog or blogging?

I think the biggest misconception about blogging is that we're all show offs - showing off ourselves, the things we already own or the products we have been buying. I think people who don't blog also think that blogging is a little weird. I think people think that we write a blog and ramble on about a lot of old rubbish. Some people really don't understand blogging until they get into it - I used to watch videos/read blogs thinking how on earth could these girls afford to be so beauty obsessed!? It wasn't until I started blogging myself that I realised they didn't go out and buy them all the products at once - you simply have a passion for writing about the things you have bought.

3. What would you like to see more of/less of on blogs?

I find beauty blogs are really diverse. The authors often include make up tutorials, NOTD, FOTD, OOTD, OOTN and haul features - I LOVE reading these because I always get new ideas of products that I can purchase. Of course, every beauty blogger includes product reviews on their blog - this is basically what we do! However, I really like it when bloggers feature what in their bag posts, tell their readers what they have been up to recently (especially if they have been to something that was exciting) and do features where they tell their readers a few things about themselves. I think it's nice to get to know the person behind the blog :)

4. Favourite cringe worthy band or film your too embarrassed to tell people you like?

Ooh crikey this is total cringe! Erm I kind of like 1D! What an awful thing to admit on my blog haha! I just find their songs to be really really catchy - those kind of songs you find yourself singing along to without meaning to and the kind of songs you find yourself listening to and liking when you don't want to! Lets face it though - we all love a bit of boy band cheese though; right !?

5. Who is your ultimate ideal man/women & why?

When it comes to questions I always have to answer with: someone who accepts me for who I am, doesn't mind seeing me dressed down with scruffy hair, make up and lounging around in my pyjamas, someone who can make me laugh, looks after me, respects me, is faithful and is fun to be around...

6. Where are you based?

I'm based in London right now as this is where I am studying. However, originally I am from a small town in the North West of England so I am also there as much as I can be! To be perfectly honest, us students are probably on holiday more than we're at uni so I definitely divide my time between London and home.

7. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live & why?

To be honest I have never thought about where I would want to live. I have only ever thought about places I have really wanted to visit and they've always been New York and London. I always wanted to go to these 2 places in particular because they just look so fun and vibrant. Being from a small town, originally, there was never anything to do and the people who lived there were so snoopy and stuck their nose into business that didn't concern you - in a city you just don't have this because there's so many people you don't know everyone and their business - no one cares! Also, if I were to ever move anyway to another country my family would have to be with me; I'd never leave them!

8. What make-up look or hairstyle is your go-to style?

I always wear my hair in a scruffy bun, although this isn't the best hairstyle for your hair and its health! I just find this hairstyle is so versatile - you can dress it up or wear it casual. I also always wear my make up in a casual way. I don't over do it with the product - I wear foundation, powder, eyeliner and mascara all the time. Sometimes I will wear some highlighter, blusher and eyeshadow - I just like to look casual as I'm usually at uni so don't need to look all glammed up.

9. Who is a style icon to you?

To be honest I don't really have a style icon - I don't consider myself as being a slave to fashion. However, the woman I always admire is Victoria Beckham. She usually looks so classy and elegant and the clothing line she designs is stunning - those dresses are to die for. I also like Victoria because she has an amazing collection of Birkins and I LOVE those bags! If anything I admire people for the bags they carry, not the clothes they wear.

10. Shoes or Handbags?!

Although I love shoes (especially Louboutins) I would have to choose handbags! I have my eye on so many; I just love them! I want to collect designer handbags over the years and be able to have a collection I am proud of! I am usually drawn to the classic designer handbags that will never go out of fashion. I like to know I am investing my money into a good quality handbag that will be in fashion when I first buy it and still be in fashion many years down the line. Also, I think if you wear the right handbag it can really pop an outfit!

11. Favourite quote or saying?
To be honest I don't really have a favourite quote or saying. I know some people really life their life by a quote when it's something they believe in it and some people also get quotes as tattoos. I can't say I have ever really thought above quotes or sayings that deeply :/ I did once see a someones tattoo that said 'family isn't an important thing, it's everything' ... I really liked this because I'm so close to some of my family.

My Questions for the people I nominate for the Liebster Blog Award:

1) If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
2) On average, how long do you spend on each of your blog features?
3) There's a famous saying 'if at first you don't succeed, try and try again'. Do you agree with this or do you admit defeat easily?
4) What if your favourite item of clothing?
5) Blogging can open up a lot of new doors and present a blogger with new opportunities. If you have a goal for your blog, what is this? What would you most like to happen as a result of you blogging?
6) I love jewellery, especially rings; if you could only wear one item of jewellery what would it be and why? (or if you don't wear jewellery; why do you choose not to?)
7) If you could only choose one makeup brand that's in your makeup bag right now, which one would you choose?
8) I find that I am forever looking at expensive designer bags and saving up for them. What makes you want to splurge your money?
9) I always like reading about and finding out about new products - what is the best product you purchased last month and why?
10) If you go on holiday anywhere in the world where you would you choose and why?
11) I love sweets (in moderation); what if your favourite treat and why?

The blogs I nominate are:

1) Emma Louise who is new to the beauty blogging world - http://x-emmalou.blogspot.co.uk/

2) Charlene from Rocking It My Way - http://rockinitmywayx.blogspot.co.uk/

3) Pixie Dust and Fairytales - http://pixiedustandfairytales.blogspot.co.uk/

4) Jenni from What Jenni Said - http://www.whatjennisaid.blogspot.co.uk/

5) Olivia from okfashionbeauty - http://okfashionbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/ 

6) Sarah my delightful Blogger Twitter friend! - http://writingrambling.blogspot.co.uk/

7) Christie from ChristiesCupboard - http://www.christiescupboard.blogspot.co.uk/

8) Jazz from Glitter Infactuation - http://glitterinfatuation.blogspot.co.uk/

9) The stunning Nikki from Heaven Has Cupcakes - http://heavenhascupcakes.blogspot.co.uk/

10) Tasha from Belleza Kisses - http://bellezakisses.wordpress.com/about/

11) Ainsley from Wallflowers - http://wallflowers21.blogspot.co.uk/

If you have already been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award, I apologise for tagging you in this. If you haven't already been nominated I hope you take the time to complete this and therefore entitle yourself to proudly display the Liebster Blog Awards logo on your blog :)

I hope you have all had an amazing bonfire night tonight and have stayed safe - fireworks can be so dangerous! I went to see Oxford Street christmas lights get turned on tonight and I got some videos of the big moment and the acts that performed! I hope I'm able to insert them into my blog and if I am I will definitely be writing a post soon sharing them with you all!

Once again a HUGE thank you to Pretty Luscious Things for nominating me and make sure to check out her blog (the link is above)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! <3 Glad that we all got to learn something about you!!
    Congrats on receiving this award!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :D I like doing posts like this because I think people like to know a little about the person behind the blog! Thank you :) I hope you have fun doing your questions!xxx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination Elysia!!! But I've already done it!!!!! ;0)

    http://writingrambling.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/the-leibster-blog-award-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it! I thought some of the people I'd nominated might have already done it but at least I still nominated the people I enjoyed reading and had under 200 GFC followers! xxxx

      Delete