Monday, 31 December 2012

My Yearly Round Up - 2012!

I've never really done one of these because I haven't been blogging for very long, so I don't really know what to include. I've noticed a lot of other bloggers doing yearly round ups and I thought it was a nice idea. I don't know about you, but when I read someone's blog I like to feel as though I am getting to know the person a little bit as well as getting to learn about amazing products. Obviously no one wants to divulge the ins and outs of their personal life over the Internet but when I know the person behind the blog is lovely it encourages me to read - nice people deserve nice numbers of page views right?!

As you're all more than aware, it's New Year's Eve today (if you didn't know this, where have you been?!) and I really have nothing much to be getting on with today so I thought it was the perfect time to let you all know a bit of what I got up to in 2012 :)

Januray 2012

This was the month where one of my good friends came to London for a spot of serious shopping! She stayed with me for a few nights and we just went crazy on Oxford Street. I live less than 10 minutes away, so there really is every excuse to visit and take full advantage! We both had Christmas money and had been given money to spend on the shopping trip. We had a lot of fun and next year ... it's all happening again! I can't wait to show you the haul!



February 2012

This is the month that I turned 19 and my main birthday present was an iPad! I know that this isn't necessarily an achievement but this little gadget has literally been a huge part of this year. It sounds a little sad, I know, to say an iPad has been a huge part of my life. However, if you own one of these you really will know how amazing they are and how you could never be without one ever again!! You can play games, browse the Internet, shop online, do your banking, read emails, take pictures, social network, listen to music, record videos, take it to university and blog on the go! ... Of course, you can do other things but these are the main ways in which I use mine :) It just makes life so much more easier, especially if you don't want to be carrying around a hefty laptop!
This month was also the month that I'd spent a rather significant amount of time with that special someone! However, I won't go too much into it or I'll just go all soppy and gooey!!

April 2012

This is the month that I came home for ages and had such a good break from uni! In all fairness, it wasn't a pure holiday I did have revision to be getting on with but I kind of put that on a back burner for a while - oops! I think it's hard coming home and spending time with friends and family but having work to do. It's as though you have been doing work all the time whilst you've been away and when you're home you want to take advantage or seeing people but you can't! Anyway, I had an amazing break at home, really chilled out and did actually manage to get some work done ready for my exams starting in May!
I also arrived home to some goodies - the easter eggs went down a treat, the OPI nail polishes were amazing, the cup inside the box was the cutest ever but unfortunately the womans Lynx burned under my arm pits - ouch!!



May 2012

This is the month that I sat my first ever university exams and I am not going to lie it was such an intimidating experience! Of course, I have sat exams before and they never ever used to phase me - not one little bit. However, there is something about university exams that really got to me. I think it was knowing that after all the previous years of studying, university is the stop on the journey to your dream job (gosh, that sounded so cliche didn't it?! Cringe!). I wasn't let off lightly with first year exams, I had to sit 4 - tort, public, contract and an ethics & skills - incase you can't tell, I'm doing a law degree!

After all the hectic revising and stressing myself out about the exams they were over and at the end of May the weather is London was awfully hot! Oh gosh, I can remember it now - walking around a hot sticky mess, having to sleep with my window open constantly, long sticky nights in my small room surrounded by tonnes of boxes. Boxes I hear you ask, why were you surrounded by boxes!? Well at the end of May 2012 I was being moved out as my first year if university was over - yay, I survived living over 300 miles away from home, all alone in London!! Of course being moved out of where I was staying meant my whole family came down and we had an amazing few days in the capital
doing what we do best - shopping!! Cue my next high of 2012 ...

On the 28th of May 2012 I was a nervous but very excited girl (oh, I also forgot to mention HOT - I said it was warm down there!) because I was going to go and make a BIG purchase! Something I had wanted and has been drooling over for months. Not to mention, watching countless YouTube videos to do my research to make sure I was sure about what I was going to do. After a morning of shopping and grabbing some lunch it was time to make our way down New Bond Street to the store - my heart was literally racing (probably due to the excitement and the speed at which I was going!!). Walking past all the shops down there was such an experience as we don't have any shops like the where I live and I'd never been down New Bond Street before. There was literally Bentleys galore! The we arrived at the shop - the Louis Vuitton Maison *stands looking at it from outside drooling and pondering whether or not I actually wanted to go in - my northern accent would seem so out of place amongst all the grand decor and snobby sales assistant!* Anyway, cut a long story short (with the help of others) I bought what has affectionately become to be known as 'Louis' or 'LouLou'. For those of you thinking I am extremely sad and simply not having a clue what I'm on about, I became the proud owner of a Speedy 35!! Yes, my month of hard saving had paid off!! I skipped out of the shop feeling quite content with myself and we wandered back to Oxford Street to brave the heat and carry on shopping!



On the 31st of May, I arrived home for summer and I couldn't have been more excited! I had lots of new things I'd bought, I had a beautiful new dream bag and I was going to be home for almost 3 months - I was on top of the world! After a relatively long train journey with my mum and nanna (the others went in the car along with my mountain of stuff!) I was home and impressed with my summer buys! I took some photos (because I always do) and was pretty impressed with my haul!

 
 
June 2012

This month was a pretty big month for my family because my nanna celebrated a big birthday (I'm not going to mention her age) and a few days later she and my grandad celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary! It was nice to see two people celebrate their Ruby wedding anniversary and still be so in love. We decorated the house for both of these events and we also had a little break away to celebrate. They didn't ask for anything in particular and of course we couldn't leave them with no present at all so a break was perfect! We were all ready for it, after working and being at uni for many months :)
 

We decorated the cake ourselves - proud moment!
 
July 2012

 

A really important month for me because not only had I managed to have been at uni for the whole of my first year and successfully look after myself, I was now getting my exam results! I was so nervous logging into the university system to find out my grades but the best thing of all was I passed! No resits were needed and the summer was mine to spend lazing around and enjoying my time back at home!

September 2012

Ugh oh, the time for going back to London and leaving family was getting more and more closer - my nerves were building so much! We had a hell of a lot to pack up and a lot of things to organise in time for me moving in!

Of course family came down with me and we had some lovely days out around London! They couldn't visit me without having an amazing shop on Oxford Street and I was bought some nice things and spoilt myself (the best thing about going down to uni and being collected it the shopping - it's so much fun!!)


 
 
It was also in this month that I started blogging! I had made one using another website but it wasn't what I wanted and the people I enjoyed reading all blogged using Blogger so I moved to this site and I couldn't be more happier with the choice I made! Blogging has really opened up a lot of new opportunities, enabled me to meet some lovely people and it is also a real talking point! Now when someone in an interview asks me what my hobbies are I can talk all about my blog and if they'd like to check up on me and take a look that's wonderful (note for the future: hello, if you're an employer who has just interviewed me!)
 
October 2012
 
I remember the day so well because I was travelling home for the first time since I'd gone back to London. It was the end of October and I was sat on the train taking full advantage of Virgins complimentary wifi. I couldn't believe my eyes when I checked my emails and my Twitter account because things had really taken off overnight! I had companies giving me #FF shout outs - what the heck!?!? I couldn't wait to get home and tell my mum everything! Later on in the week, my first ever samples came through the letterbox; something I never expected!!
 
December 2012
 
I feel as though my blog has really started to take off and grab peoples attention. I have only been blogging for 3 months but I have over 400 Twitter followers and 121 GFC followers - every comment, tweet and follow I receive makes me so exceptionally happy and I thank every single one of you for your continued support! My goal was to get 100 GFC followers before the New Year and I have definitely managed to achieve this. I really cannot thank all my followers enough; you have all made my 2012 amazing and I look forward to starting some new projects in the New Year!
 
Not only have I reached amazing numbers of followers, I also discovered the other night that if you type into Google 'bourjois intuitive liner review' my little blog is the 10th search result - OH MY GOSH! I may only be at the bottom of the 1st page but hey, I'm still there!! I was also nominated for two awards by fellow bloggers and I want to thank those who nominated me - you're all babes!!
 

Well, finally we have reached the end of my 2012 round up! I apologise for this post being rather long and if I have rambled on I do apologise. I really do thank you all for all of the support I have out there and the blogging community has been such a lovely community to enter into. I'm so glad I made the decision to start blogging and on the whole I have had an amazing 2012! I just hope 2013 continues to be good to be in the same way 2012 was :)

I just want to say a HUGE Happy New Year to all of you reading this and I hope you all have a wonderful New Years Eve tonight, however you choose to celebrate it. Stay safe and have a lovely day tomorrow celebrating the 1st day of a new year :)

What has been your favourite thing about 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment