Saturday, 22 December 2012

The "Versatile Blogger Award" - I've won another award!

First of all before I get into the main content of this post I would like to take this time to bring a few things to you attention - don't worry it's nothing bad :)

As I'm sure you have all noticed on Twitter and in my last post here I mentioned that a lot of things had been happening in my life this month. The most recent thing was that my poor nanna was taken into hospital late last Friday night and is still stuck in there ... I don't want to jinx anything so I will keep things to the minimum. The lovely tweets I have been receving from my followers on Twitter and the lovely comments I have been given in the comments by my readers have been so lovely and your get well wishes have been super lovely so thank you all very much! We're of course hoping she is out in time for Christmas (as this is always a big thing in our house) and as I have said we've been given some good news so we're all crossing absolutely everything that she'll be home :)

The last thing I want to say before getting into the nitty gritty of this post is how much you have all made my day :) During the #bbloggers chat (that takes place on Sunday and Wednesday 8-9pm british time) on Wednesday I reached my target of 100 GFC followers as you can imagine I was over the moon as I think this is the first milestone for any blogger - it's so nice to know that people are interested in what you write about and want to read your work! Not only have I reached my goal of 100 GFC followers; I have surpassed it! Currently I am on 104 subscribers and I really could not be happier. Therefore, I want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has taken the time to click the GFC follow button at the side of my page! I have been saying for a while that when started getting into the 100's I would do a giveaway to thank my followers and therefore I am planning on doing one at some point in 2013 (I don't know when this will happen or what I will be giving away but of course I shall let you all know in due course). I have also reached over 400 Twitter followers and this has also made my day - I feel as though my little blog is starting to take off and I couldn't be more happier considering I only entered the blogging world in September!

So getting into what this post is actually about ....



As you may have guessed from the title of this post, I have been awarded for another blog award! I feel over the moon as this is my second award in the three short months that I have been blogging! I couldn't be any happier at being given this award as I was awarded it by a fellow blogger and it's just wonderful to know someone likes and appreciates what you do. The blogger that made my day is the lovely Nicole from Nicole Shelton - beauty. fashion. lifestyle - if you're reading this, thank you so much I really really appreciate you nominating me!

For those of you who arent familiar of what the 'Versatile Blogger Award' is, it's an award that is given to bloggers who are relatively new to the blogging world and the award is given to them by another blogger who nominates them. You simply get nominated by someone, do what the rules require you to do and shazam you have a little award - pretty simple but pleasing right?!

There are a few rules involved and they are:

1) Nominate up to 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging.
2) Let the nominated bloggers know that they have been nominated for this award.
3) Share 7 random facts about yourself.
4) Thank the blogger who has nominated you.
5) Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post.
 
Seven random facts about myself:
 
1. I'm amazingly close to my immediate family and they're everything to me!
2. I'm forever taking pictures of things on my phone/Ipad.
3. I LOVE cats, as you can probably tell if you follow me on Instagram.
4. I used to be really into dancing and was a tap dancer.
5. I find the word 'snog' absolutely awful - *cringe*.
6. I'm indecisive - It takes me forever to make decisions.
7. I love going shopping and carrying loads of bags.
 
My nominations go to:
 
 
I really just want to say that I chose these nominees because they've been blogging for under a year or have entered into the blogging world either just before I did or around the same time that I started out. There are so many beauty blogs out there and I wish I could nominate you all but that just wouldn't be realistic! If I have tagged you, be sure to come back and leave your post link in my comments, I'd love to read your answers :)
 
I hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday night :) I have been suffering from such a bad head cold and was feelng much better yesterday which was a good sign but unfortunately when I woke up this morning I was as bunged up as ever - I shall just have to stick to dosing myself up and plastering myself in Vicks vapour rub haha! Hope you're all well and are looking forward to Christmas, not long now: 3 days!!
 

14 comments:

  1. No problem! :) So sorry to hear about your nanna, hope everythings okay I can imagine it must be quite a hard time for you right now! You have all of us behind you :D
    Nicolle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, the nomination means a lot to me :) Yeah it is pretty hard but we're all just hoping that she's allowed home either tomorrow or Monday. We're crossing absolutely everything! Thank you, it's such a supportive blogging community :)xxx

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much hun!! I will be doing this when i can get to my computer! How do i add the picture? Lol!! Thanks again! You so deserve to have won this award and to have the followers you do. I really hope you get better and that your nanna is well and home for xmas!!!!

    Alessia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) You deserve the award, I really like your blog! Um adding the picture to the side bar is just done by saving the Versatile Blogger Award badge to your computer and then going into the side bar and choosing to add a gadget. Select the option for a picture and you can either upload one using a link but if its saved choose to upload one from your co,outer :) ... It's a bit family, sorry! I hope it makes sense though?!
      Aww thank you so so so much lovely! Means a lot when people give you positive feedback and follow the blog :) Next stop is YouTube in the new year ;)
      Me to!! We're all crossing absolutely everything so lets hope it works :D xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your award :) xx

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I have just been awarded this too! I'm terribly sorry to hear about your poor Nana! My thoughts are with you and your family and I know what your going through because I've been there before so if you would ever like to talk just send me and e-mail or a comment and I'll be able to talk to you asap!

    I hope you're OK!
    Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah congratulations on being awarded this :) It's such a confidence boost isn't it? Especially to be nominated for it by other bloggers - it really makes you feel accomplished and accepted even though you're a newbie :) Oh thank you so so much that's such a kind thing of you to say! Things are starting to look up so we're just hoping for the best! Thank you so much for your kind words they really mean a lot; the blogging world is full of some lovely people :) Not sure whether you follow me on Twitter, if you don't it would be nice to hear from you :) - PurpleElll xxxxx

      Delete
  5. Thx for sending your link on the bbloggers chat! Congrats with your award! I'm following now!
    http://www.curlsandbags.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all lovely :) Thank you so much! xxx

      Delete
  6. congrats for the award, you deserve it, thank you for nominating me, done the post :) http://beautywaterfallx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-versatile-blogger-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :D No problem at all, I hope you had fun doing the post :) I shall check yours out now xxxx

      Delete