Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Chanel Wishlist

Like most beauty obsessed people, I have a wishlist the length of my arm. However, I always find that my wishlists can be put into categories according to brands. The wishlist that I'm finding to be the longest is my Chanel one- I just love the brand, the luxury, the way they wrap your purchases up and those simplistic but elegent white bags they give you. Of course, one thing I'm not so keen on is the price but hey it's Chanel it's never going to come cheap is it and in most situations you really do get what you pay for!

Recently I have been obsessing a little over eyeshadows. I never really used to wear them much but since getting my Naked 2 palette a few months ago in September I have found I really enjoy applying eyeshadow and when you have the right brushes creating a smokey eye takes no time at all and is super easy. I find the colours of this Chanel eyeshadow absolutely gorgeous! It is from the Christmas 2012 collection so I'm not sure if they'll still have this in store when I get back to London and go shopping with my friend. I really do hope that they do as I would love to go and have a look at it and see whether or not these colours work well with my blue eyes. I have been seeing a lot of people wearing gorgeous cranberry colours like this one and they always look beautiful when blended well eith other colours to tone it down a little.
The next thing on my wishlist is this nail colour. I noticed this in November when I was in Harrods shopping with a friend and it caught my eye straight away. I don't know why I didn't pick it up, I'm just hoping it will be there when I'm next shopping! Again, this is a gorgeous burgundy coloured nail varnish and was from Chanel's Christmas 2012 collection. The colour is perfect for winter, is very on trend right now and is perfect for making fingers look longer and slimmer!


Next up on my wishlist are face brushes. For Christmas I got the beautiful Chanel foundation brush - it really is stunning! I have been wanting a proper brush collection and I decided to choose Chanel because I absolutely love the brand and their brushes really do look something. The matte black handle and the silver writing on them really looks so elegant and they're the kind of brushes that would look beautiful displayed all together on a dressing table. Of course, they come in the gorgeous black velvet pouch with the Chanel logo embossed at the top and would make a beautiful gift for someone or a perfect treat for a Chanel fan and a make up lover.

I have included the powder brush, the angled powder brush and the blusher brush onto my list because I am in need of a few powder and blusher brush. My current ones from the Body Shop are starting to get a little past it now and the powder brush is definitely loosing shape. All three of these brushes are made from natural hair and I think they're just absolutely gorgeous - what woman wouldn't like to add these to her brush collection. To me the angled brush looks slightly too big for contouring the cheek bones but this looks as though it would be amazing for one sweep of highlighter along the cheekbones - I don't know; I'm just going by how big it looks online so when I eventually get round to going to look at this brush I shall let you all know what I think.

Next up on my list are two eyeshadow brushes. I do actually want some by MAC but these are the two Chanel brushes that are on my wishlist. It's such a shame that they don't have a fluffy blending brush because I would have snapped that up straight away as I'm after a good one.
The small eyeshadow brush looks perfect for precise application of eyeshadow especially when trying to create a smokey eye. Like the name suggests, this brush looks small. I don't have a small brush to work with and I'm looking to add one to my collection. I think this small brush would be really good for either adding a wash of colour onto the lid or adding more colour onto a base colour. I shall definitely let you know my thoughts on this brush when I go to Chanel.
The final brush on my Chanel wishlist is the angled eyeshadow brush. This brush would be wonderful for adding colour onto the outer corner of the eye and then bleding the colour out with a fluffy brush (a MAC 217 is on my wishlist). The angled brush could also be used for adding a small amount of colour through the crease. Depending on the size of this brush, it could possibly be used for filling in eyeshadows with powder. However, like the majority of these brushes, I haven't seen this brush in real life as the counter in Selfridges didn't have them on display and I wasn't best pleased with the service I was given - such a shame really as last time I shopped there the sales assistant was lovely!


That's everything on my Chanel brush and make up wishlist, although I'm sure I will no doubt see more stuff and add it on! I think these brushes are absolutely stunning and I honestly can't wait to go and check them out. They're rather expensive (I believe the angled powder brush is around £44) but I won't be buying them all at once. I would absolutely love to own all of these brushes at some point and as you may have read in my New Years resolutions posts one of them is to save money so I can treat myself this year - mainly when my family come down to London to collect me and bring me back home in May.

The final thing on my Chanel wishlist is a piece of jewellery. I have seen a few women in London wearing these ear rings everytime I see them it just makes me fall more and more in love. I think they're absolutely gorgeous and a little bit of everyday luxury. I have my ears pierced twice and I currently have gold hoops in my bottom holes - these ear rings would go absolutely perfect there and due to having my hair up all of the time they'd be shown off wonderfully. I need to pluck up the courage to go into the Chanel jewellery section in Selfridges and enquire about these beauties. I would have to either purchase them in either Gold or White Gold as I cannot usually wear Silver and wouldn't like to pay all that money to find out they turned me green!!

Source

What do you think of make up brushes? Are you after a really a nice set or do make up brushes not interest you much?

Please note: the pictures of all the brushes, the eyeshadow and the nail varnish were taken from the official Chanel website - here






12 comments:

  1. I love Chanel, it's so luxurious. For as long as I can remember Ive wanted a red lipstick xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I got the foundation brush for Christmas and it just looks so beautiful - I haven't even used it yet because I don't want to spoil it! They're the kind of brushes that would look amazing displayed on a dressing table xxx

      Delete
  2. I really want the eyeshadow palette, its gorgeous. I have heard that the brushes are not worth the splurge as they are quite scratchy and not very good quality. I can't talk from experience though. They do look good though. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful isn't it! You're not the only person who has said that to me which makes me so sad :( I think it's because they're made of natural hair. I have bought a few MAC brushes and have fallen in love with those so maybe I shall get a MAC collection rather than Chanel xxx

      Delete
  3. The Chanel palette is stunning isn't it!

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely beautiful but I didn't pick it up because I'm such a huge fan of neutrals I worried that I wouldn't use this :( It looks stunning on other people though! xxx

      Delete
  4. Expensive tastes! I love Chanel but it is really expensive! I have the universal bronze base, have you tried it?

    The eyeshadow palette and nail polish look beautiful!

    Jo x

    pinupsandpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh definitely! Ask any member of my family and they will be able to tell you how much of an expensive fussy person I am haha!!
      It really is expensive but just looks so so beautiful and the way their products come in those velvet pouches - stunning!
      I have never tried it, unfortunately. Is that the bronzing mousse everyone raves about? xxx

      Delete
  5. love it! i am also wanting the brushes and solei tan de chanel! ahhh.. if only! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the brushes are gorgeous aren't they! Have you seen them in real life!? They're beautiful ... they just look much nicer than the MAC brushes :( Hopefully you manage to get some! xxx

      Delete
  6. Those earrings though!! I have been wanting that pair forever now, they are just so classic and can literally be paired with any look! xx

    beauty.maybebabyxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're stunning aren't they! I'm absolutely in love with them. Although I can't wear silver so I would have to get them in gold. Based on the way in which gold has increased in price and the fact that they're Chanel, I probably won't be able to afford them :( A girl can dream though!! xxx

      Delete