Monday, 7 January 2013

Most Worn Winter Things - TAG

So first of all before I start this blog post .. I just want to breathe a sigh of relief *aaah!*. I have just finished my coursework so it's all ready to double check and submit in a few days. If you're a university student (or any other kind of student) you will know how good it feels to get to the end of one very long and tiring essay! Oh and not to mention referencing - I'm sure that takes me longer to do than writing the actual essay did!!
I'm heading back to university tomorrow and I have been packing all of my christmas presents today! It was such a tight squeeze - I had to leave a few things but they're only things that I already have some of. I hate leaving presents behind but I guess that's the problem when you're having to travel a long way by train! If I took everything from home I wanted to take, I'd need a whole carriage!! I hate going back and leaving family (I always cry as the train pulls away - very emotional and dramatic; making use of my previous drama training haha!!) but I will be back home in around 5 weeks wooo!!

As you all know by now, I absolutely love doing tag posts! I think they're just a nice change from haul and review features. They're also a great thing to do when the creative juices for your blog aren't flowing in the way they usually are - we all get stuck for ideas sometimes!

Towards the end of last year (how weird does that sound!? I keep saying 'this year' when really I meant 2012 and 'next year' when I really mean this year! Yes, it's taking a bit of getting used to this 2013 business! When I'm back at uni I know I'm going to write 2012 and have to draw a little curve from the 2 to make a 3!), I seen this tag floating around on a few blogs and especially on YouTube as a lot of people had been making this tag as a video and I really enjoyed watching them. I was tagged by my beautiful fellow blogging friend Hannah from BeausofBeauty (If you haven't checked her blog out please go over and give her a GFC follow. She also makes YouTube videos and she's lovely so deserves some views!) as she knows how much of a tag geek I am! So thank you doll :D!

Most worn Nail Polish

To be honest, I haven't really been wearing nail polish much. My nails are really weak and I have decided I want to try and strengthen them so I have mainly been wearing a strengthening polish by Rimmel.
However, when I have been wearing a polish I have been opting for a dark burgundy colour by Rimmel. I love this colour as not only is it bang on trend for Winter 2012/13 it also makes your fingers look thinner and longer - goodbye, sausage fingers!!

393 Desire
 

Most Worn Hair Product

I'm a bit of a haircare obessive and keeping it in good condition is my priority. I don't really use a hair product every single day so and I didn't think using a conditioner classed as my 'most worn' hair product. Therefore, I cheated and decided I'd show my favourite shampoo and conditioner and my favourite hair treatment.
I really like the L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner and I use the Triple Resist one because I tend to have hair that's very prone to dropping. I really like using this and it does make my hair feel stronger and when deep condioned my hair definitely drops less. These products also make your hair feel really clean and soft.
I decided to include my Toni&Guy reconstructing hair conditioner because it's absolutely amazing. It's designed to be used with damaged hair and this stuff really does work wonders! When I use it my hair just feels and looks gorgeous! You know when someone dies their hair brown and it looks shiny and super nourished!? That's how this treatment makes my hair look!

 
 
Most Worn Bag
 
So as you all know, I'm studying at university. Therefore, I feel I need to have a 'uni' bag and an everyday bag. I am always carrying heavy text books, my iPad, a writing pad and work books around with me; as well as the other essentials such as purse, pencil case, drink and food!
Due to having to carry so much around, I need a big bag so I use my Ted Baker bag for university. It's really spacious and the top handles mean I can carry it in my hands when it's heavy and the fact that it's a shiny plastic'ey type bag means that it's a little more suitable for being bashed around and is okay for using in all weather.
Next up is my everyday bag and if you've read my blog before you probably know already what it is. I don't always use this bag for university as it isn't very pratical (I can't stuff all of my rubbish in there). The design of the bag means that it's meant to be carried in the crook of your arm and this just isn't pratical when you have a lot of things stuffed in there. Also, this bag is way to special to me to use for university and the leather used on it is unreated and therefore I baby it so it doesn't Patina really quickly!!
 
 
'Uni' bag - I apologise for the rubbish quailty; old photo.
Everyday bag - Louis Vuitton Speedy *drools*
 
Most Worn Shoes I basically live in my UGG's and I think they're so so comfy. I know these shoes are a bit like Marmite and you either love them or hate them but I happen to love them; obviously. I recently got a new pair for Christmas and I have been wearing them ever since. I got my first pair last year and I have worn them to death. I was really naughty and didn't treat them and wore them in the rain so they have stains at the front of them by the toes. They don't look particularly nice and I need to get some UGG cleaner to clean them up! I chose some Chocolate ones for Christmas and I think they're so so cute! People say they hate UGGs and I will admit they are pretty ugly to look at but seriously they're like walking on clouds.
 
(both pictures show brand new and never worn UGGs)
 
Most Worn Accessories
 
I have accessories that I always wear; my two rings, my two gold bangles and a few other bracelets. I also swap and change between my two Pandora bracelets and recently my new crystal Shamballa bracelet that I got for Christmas. I don't really change my jewellery accessories much because I don't really wear costume jewellery; I have such weird skin and often can't wear it! For Christmas, I got an Alexander McQueen scarf and this has become one of my main worn accessories, recently! I have already shown you my everyday bag and of course this is one of my accessories too - a bag is a girls ultimate accessory!
 
 
I didn't picture all of the accessories because I don't have pictures of them all and there would be too many to show! The rings aren't in their proper boxes as I just shoved them in any old box to take to uni with me; I really need to invest in some nice jewellery storage!
 
Most Worn Clothing Item
 
Okay so I'm just going to come right out and say that I pratically live in leggings! I just find them so comfy and they're just so easy to dress up or dress down. I just think they're the easiest thing to put on for during the day and they're so much more comfy in jeans - you don't feel as restricted!
Along with being a serial legging wearer, I also wear cardigans all of the time; I just love them! I'm pretty tall and sometimes getting a cardigan to fit me can be a total chore as I like them to cover my bum! I'm a HUGE fan of what I like to call 'sloppy' or 'sloth' cardigans where they're really big and just super duper cosy.
I can't remember when I bought this cardigan
(maybe in 2011 early 2012?) but it was from Topshop and worth every pound of the price tag. It's lasted me absolutely ages and I really have worn this to death! Unfortunately, it is sytarting to look a little bit past it now and I could do with getting a new navy cardigan but I just cannot find one that competes :(
I also have another cardigan that I wear to death and I love it. This one is from Next (I only really get my cardigans from Topshop and Next) and it's so warm and cosy. I don't have a picture to attach into this pos though, sorry!
 
Most Worn Foundation
 
This is a really simple answer for me because I don't change my foundation. I know a few people kind of chop and change between a few foundations but I just stick the one I like. I picked this Lancome one up in November and I'm really happy with it. The colour blends perfectly into my natural skintone, it isn't too orange based and the coverage is amazing. Not to mention, this foundation doesn't break me out or aggravate my sensitive skin. Usually foundations don't go pale enough for me but thankfully this one did - yay!
 
Shade - 005 (the palest available)
 
Most Worn Blush and Bronzer
 
Again this answer is going to be really boring because I only use one blusher and one bronzer!! I have aways used this blusher and I picked it up in Boots. I bought it sometimes last year so I can't be sure as to how much it actually was. The colour does look pretty scary and it is rather pigmented so you don't need much on your brush - there is a very fine line between looking rosy and looking like a clown!! I like this blusher and it looks really natural.
 
Okay so I have a little confession to make ... up until a few days ago, I was a complete bronzer virgin!! I'm not the most colourful of people, I'm really pale without make up on and I have always worried that bronzer would be waaaay too dark for me; most pale foundations are too dark for me so I didn't think I'd have any change at all of getting a bronzer! Anyway, to cut a long story short ... I swatched lots of high end bronzers in Debenhams the other day with my mum and they were all too orange/brown for me. We then went into Superdrug and swatched lots of drug store bronzers and they were too dark for me. We went into Boots to have a look and see if they could come up with anything and hey ho I found a bronzer!! This has been the one I have been wearing for the past few days ...
 
Shade 51
 
Most Worn Lip Product
 
I don't really wear lip products as such. I prefer to leave my lips natural and so I opt for a lip balm. I literally have the worst lips ever; they're always so sore and chapped and so I like to apply a good lip balm to help soothe and heal them. I have been loving my Burts Bees and I really would suggest them to anyone. I always have one in my handbag!
 
 
Most Worn Mascara
 
I really like mascara; I think it works wonders for brightening your face up and making a person look so much more alive. If I don't have mascara on I look about 13 and like I'm a zombie - not an attractive look! I have really long thick eyelashes anyway so I don't need to wear false eyelashes (plus I don't want to try them as I have such sensitive skin I'm worried it would make me react and no one wants an allergic reaction in the eye area - ouchie!!) I like to apply a thick layer of mascara and take advantage of my eyelashes. I switched back to Hypnose around August last year and have been using it ever since. I love this mascara and although it doesn't work for some it really works for me.
 
 
Most Worn Eyeshadow
 
I never really used to be a big eyeshadow wearer. I used to wear it when I was in school but all through college and my first year of university I didn't wear any. In September last year I picked up the Naked 2 pallette by Urban Decay (I know, I was pretty late at jumping on that bandwagon) but I am so glad I was brave and bought some eyeshadows. I absolutely love wearing a neutral smokey eye and I really have been loving applying eyeshadow. I love my Naked 2 palette and although the Urban Decay shadows are really pigmented they work so much better with the primer; it really makes them pop. I can;t wait to get my hand on the Naked Basics palette and I'm debating whether or not I should pick up the original Naked - I love eyeshadow now, I don't know why I ever stopped wearing it!

 









 
I hoped you enjoyed reading this tag and I'd like to thank Hannah for tagging me to do this little feature! I love winter; I much prefer it to summer. I know, I know, I sound weird. I'm one of these people who gets hot so easily and when I'm not I get a bit moody so I'd must perfer to be cold and have the abilty to add on extra layers until I feel warm enough. In the summer you can't take layers off (unless you're tacky and walk around pratically naked) so you just have to be a hot sweaty pig - eww!
 
I hope you have all been having a lovely day. I'm off to go and lay in bed now to watch some televison and relax as I have a long journey ahead of me tomorrow!
 


6 comments:

  1. Yay! Long snuggly cardigans are the best!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! I wear them all the time, they're so versatile and comfy :) xxx

      Delete
  2. you have some really nice things ! btw i just nominated you for the versatile blogger award x
    http://busyxbees.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely :)
      Thank you so much for the nomination! xxx

      Delete
  3. I love your Uggs! Been wanting some for absolutely ages! Hypnose mascara is definitely a favourite of mine :) http://cakescupcakescosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They're to comfiest things ever, I couldn't live without mine! Ooh it's amazing isn't it! I used it when I was younger and then stopped for a few years but I came back to using it in the summer - so glad I did! xxx

      Delete