Wednesday, 2 January 2013

New Years Resolutions 2013

Hello everybody and welcome to 2013! I hope you all had an amazing night last night and celebrated the New Year in a way that was special and meaningful to you! I say every year that I would love to go and bring in the New Year in London stood at the side of the Thames watching the fireworks and even though I now live down there ... I have yet to do this! I always stay here with family as I just think it's nice to bring in the New Year with those who you're closest to. Celebrating the evening in a night club really doesn't sound appealing to me - over priced drinks, people who are drunk beyond belief and grabbing any male/female in a desperate bid to clinch that midnight kiss and to be quite honest I couldn't be doing with the hangover on New Years day - we always have another Christmas Dinner and if I missed that I'd cry!

Anyway, as it's the New Year many people make resolutions. They're usually pratical ones such as to lose weight, be more organised or go to the gym more - as the saying goes: I have been there, done that and worn the tshirt. Ooh and failed miserably! I find that whenever I make pratical resolutions I never ever stick to them.

This year I have come to learn that you don't need to make a New Years resolution to lose weight or be more organised, work harder or go to the gym more because it's a fact of life. If you feel you need to work harder you should do that anyway not because you've made a resolution saying you will. This year I have decided to have a bit of fun with my resolutions and they're mainly based around shopping and blogging - my two favourite things!

1. Set up a YouTube account

This is something I tried to do in early December but after I filmed the video (it was going to be my November favourites) I realised that I had filmed it in the wrong format and therefore the memory it took to save was too big to upload to YouTube - silly me! Anyway, I didn't have enough time to re film it as I had uni work to be getting on with and I was also coming home for Christmas so I decided I would make it a New Years resolution and start a channel in 2013 :) I did make a new channel earlier on in the month but I have forgot all the log in information and I think I may have to make a new one. I shall keep you all informed and look forward to appearing on your computer screens in the New Year :)

2. Get a new handbag

As you know from my 2012 Round Up post, I am rather a big fan of Louis Vuitton. Handbags are my weakness and I have expensive taste - ooops! Anyway, I am making a resolution to get a new bag at some point in the new year ... I told you I was having a bit of fun with them this year! I have been lusting after this bag for a while and it's definitely been on my wishlist for quite a while now.


3. Start on a nice make up brush collection

I do have a few make up brushes by the Body Shop but I feel as though they're not fully up to scratch. I bought a foundation brush from there last March when I bought my first ever MAC products but as time has gone on and I've changed foundations a few times I have noticed the brush isn't very good with wet foundations. I have a Lancome brush that I use and it is so much better. I also need a new powder brush and mine from the Body Shop is starting to loose shape.
For Christmas, I was bought a beautiful Chanel foundation brush and therefore this is the brand I am going to stick with for my main brushes. Of course, I wat some MAC shadow brushes and some Sigma brushes but the main brushes I have my eye on are Chanel ones - I just think they look stunning; they really look something.

Source


4. Blog a little bit more

I have noticed this year that I have gone through phases where I have blogged everyday for a few days and then there has been a gap where I haven't blogged for a while. In 2013 I aim to blog every 2 or 3 days and I am planning on being able to achieve this by writing blog posts in advance and just posting them when the time is right! I think frequent posts, good pictures, good content and interaction with other bloggers are the key things to success.

5. Make my blog the best it can possibly be

I have achieved so much in such a small space of time that it makes me think what can I do if I really put my mind to it!? Therefore, in 2013 my personal aim to myself if to make my blog the best it can possibly be. Of course, this doesn't mean I am going to be fishing for countless numbers of samples or anything - this is a personal thing and only I will be able to judge whether or not I feel I have achieved this aim. Every blogger would like success with their blog and I feel I have already achieved this to some extent. I never ever expected that I would have 121 GFC followers and over 400 Twitter followers; I didn't ever think anyone would ever like what I wrote about, I thought my blog would just be a personal hobby!!

6. Get another scarf

I don't want to appear bratty or ungrateful with this resolution because as I'm sure you have all seen I did in fact get an Alexander McQueen scarf for Christmas. However, I have worn this non stop and I would absolutely love another few colours so I am able to have another beautiful scarf to wear in the summer. I would also love a few more colours so I can layer them up!! Maybe this is an impratical resolution but we shall see this time next year...



7. Save money

You may be wondering why I'm setting myself a New Years resolution to save money when I saying that I want stunning make up brushes, a new Louis Vuitton bag and a new scarf ect. Well as many of us know money doesn't just grow on trees and going out and spending lots of money isn't always possible; especially as I live away from home. Therefore, I make a big list of everything I want (expensive and reasonable) and start saving in advance :) I think saving for something and then buying it after all the work you've put into saving feels so much more rewarding!

I know some of these resolutions may seem absolutely crazy to some of you but I did say that I am having some fun with them this year! I didn't make this post to brag about money or anything - I just thought it was a nice change to the usual boring resolutions!

Of course, I'm not a totally irrational person and I know that pratical things do need to be achieved but they shouldn't be things you have to set yourself; they should be things you just do. I'm that kind of person ... For instance, I know I need to pass this years exams with a good grade but I haven't set my self a resolution to do that because it's something I know I have to do and therefore I have been doing it since I started my degree - if that makes sense!?

Anyway, I would love to know what you think of my fun new years resolutions? Are you a person who sets pratical resolutions every year or are you like me and don't need to set them because you just know things have to be done?

Source

20 comments:

  1. Oooh good luck with your resolutions hun! :) XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I decided to have a bit of fun with them this year and make them different to the usual ones! Good luck with your resolution, if you have any! Hope you had a wonderful new year xxx

      Delete
  2. Love the handbag bit, you obsessive ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ;) I think it's probably what I'm going to become known for in the blogging world - my love of tag features and handbags aha! Sad girl!! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I have the medium NeverFull in the orginal brown colour. It is still my go to bag and it can fit so god damn much in because of the open top. One thing though if you do get one hun, is to be careful with it on public transport or wherever because its so easy to get into it without noticing.

    Lora xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want it in the GM and in the Damier Ebene print. However, I know for a fact that I will also look at the dim sized MM as well as the GM in the print I want and Monogram - I have a cheeky feeling that I may end up getting the Monogram again; it's so iconic for Louis Vuitton!
      Ah, yes, I know! The fact there isn't any form of real closure would make it awful to use on public transport. Especially as I'm in London a lot and use the tube - perfect opportunity for someone to put their thieving hand inside this bag. I guess you could overcome this by holding it in front of you, though :)
      Both the MM and the GM look huuuuge and perfect for university, everyday use and travelling! I'm just worried the GM will be too big haha! I guess I just need to go and have a look ;) xxx

      Delete
  4. That was the one I forgot! A fabulous new handbag! thank you for reminding me :) haha following you :)

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I reminded you then! Every girl needs a fabulous handbag in her life! Thank you for the follow, I really appreciate it :) xx

      Delete
  5. i love alexander mcqueen scarfs, i really want a red one! Hope you had a lovely christmas and new year x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous aren't they! I just love how luxurious they feel and they're so easy to wear! The red is beautiful :) There's so many pretty colours! Thank you so much, I hope you did too - happy new year! xx

      Delete
  6. Amazing ideas!! hehe!!! :) Sometimes its good to have things to aim for rather than saying 'no I can't spend at all' :) Good Luck with it all!! :) Happy New Year me dears xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just thought I'd have a bit of fun with them this year as the ones I have made are my too wish list items :) Thank you. You too, happy new year xx

      Delete
  7. Great post! Good luck with your resolutions. I think posting them on a blog is a great way to encourage you to keep at them, or at least I hope it helps me keep at mine!

    http://somesparkleandshine.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I just thought I'd have some fun with them this year! Good luck with your resolutions xxx

      Delete
  8. Some mega resolutions there! Good luck with each and every one :D Your blog is so lovely!

    Lindsey xx

    This is my blog is you fancy a bit of a read:

    ropesofholland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they are pretty intense! Really fun ones though so I'm sure it will be good to look back in a few months and see whether or not I stuck to them all! Oh thank you so much! I shall definitely check your blog out, thank you xxx

      Delete
  9. Great resolutions, I need to get a makeup brush collection too, my only one is currently under my wardrobe after me stupidly dropping it gathering dust!! Looking forward to seeing what bag you buy! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think every beauty obsessive wants a full brush collection but the only thing is they're so expensive for what they actually are! I guess it's something you just have to cope with haha! Hopefully you manage to get the brush out from under the wardrobe xxxx

      Delete
  10. GREAT blog post!!! I am in love with that scarf!

    I like that you have goals for things as opposed to just 'not spending' --not very realistic! I'm currently saving for a special thing or....three!

    xxX Angi

    www.countlesscolourfulthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you very much! It was an amazing present off 'Santa' - I must have been a very good girl!! I thought this year I would have some fun with the resolutions instead of making the same old boring ones. I know the feeling of having to save for loads of things, I'm forever saving but it's so worth it when you finally have the money to buy them. Good luck xxx

      Delete