Friday, 8 March 2013

Fragrance Direct Bargains Haul #1

Hello everyone, I hope you have all been well. Yesterday I had such a weird day. It was honestly as though doom and gloom was following me around. The sky here in London was super grey in typical English fashion it was raining. I braved the rain on my way to university and as soon as I stepped foot out of the door I noticed someone was on the floor at the side of the main road with four police officers and two paramedics around them. There were two police cars and an ambulance parked up with their sirens blaring away. I'm not going to lie, I had to hold back the tears. I don't know why, I just felt sad and sorry for that person. I can't tell you exactly what was happening because I didn't stand and stare like a spectator because I just hate it when people do that. I mean seriously, the person is probably embarrassed enough that they've had some sort of accident in front of everyone and stressed beyond belief without people looking at them like they're a monkey in a cage at a zoo; have some consideration please. Anyway, this poor person was on my mind for a long time and I genuinely hope they were okay and nothing too serious happened to them.

Just as I thought things were looking up (my two hour tutorial was over and I was heading for the tube to go back, rest and enjoy my time off) but whilst I was in the tube station topping up my Oyster (I lead such an exciting life!) an announcement was made saying that trains were delayed due to someone being on the tracks. Great, that's all I needed the doom was back! I wasn't there and didn't see this person on the tracks, the event had taken place before hand. However, the trains on my line were delayed and they were jam packed. Oh it was awful. I like my own personal space and I definitely did not have that yesterday night.

Anyway, enough of my doom and gloom ... I arrived back and there was a parcel waiting for me yay! I was so happy to see that it had arrived because I only ordered it on Monday. I can't resist Fragrance Direct and I didn't go onto the site intending to buy anything I just thought I would have a little mooch around to pass some time. Then of course, that all changed and I was soon adding stuff into my bag - whoops! They do some serious bargains on the site and the best thing is that 1) it is genuine and 2) they have quick delivery. Most of the time, the products come within their own boxes and are not damaged (it does actually say on the site whether the item is going to be unboxed, out of its original packaging or damaged) which is something that does persuade me to re order from them.

I mainly ordered Dainty Doll products because they're made for pale people and they were an absolute bargain! The things that I ordered were all listed on the site as retailing between £10 and nearly £13. If you have never heard of this brand it is the brain child of Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud. She has such a pale complexion but still looks stunning. When she first rose to fame she was always fake tanning but in the past few years she has embraced her paleness and created a makeup line suited to women who have problems getting hold of pale makeup.

Concealer Pen '001 Its a kind of magic' £1.99
(I didn't intend to add two into my basket but I don't
think it's a bad thing as pen concealers run out so quickly).

Lipsticks L-R: '006 Baby Love' a very wearable nude and '008 Storm In A Teacup' a
gorgeous brown - £1.99 each.
(I didn't order these for myself so this is why I haven't provided any swatches).

Eyeshadow '002 Treat Her Like A Lady' a stunning brown/taupe colour - £1.99
(the bottom photo is showing true to colour).

Concealer '001 Abracadabra' - £1.99
(Not too sure about the colour of this. I think it looks a little too yellow
but shall soon see how it blends out).

Cream Blusher '001 Paper Roses' - £1.99
(I always think it's hard buying something offline because the colour swatches
shown on sites are never 100% accurate. I took a gamble with this colour and I'm
glad I did. This colour is a beautiful pink and will look stunning against a pale skin tone).

Powder Blusher '002 My Girl' - £1.99
(Again this is a gorgeous pink blusher and would look amazing against a pale skin tone.
The blusher has slight flecks of shimmer in this but not too much; enough to give
a healthy look).

I am so glad that I went onto Fragrance Direct and found these absolute bargains! As you can see from the photos of the packaging and products they're presented really nice. I haven't shown any photos of the casing because I didn't want to make the post too photo heavy and bore you all but the feel reminds me a little bit of NARS products. They don't feel quite as rubberised but they look it. I'm really impressed as to be honest I wasn't expecting much due to the HUGE knock down prices.

The last thing that I picked up is something that practically every beauty blogger has in their product collection. I have heard a lot about this product and a fair few people swear by it. I have always wanted to try it but didn't as it is quite expensive and often hyped about products don't always live up to their expectation (often products are so hyped up by bloggers and other people within the beauty community that you have such expectations of it you easily feel let down when you actually part with your money and buy it).When I posted that I had picked up this product for a bargainous £7.99 my Twitter notifications went crazy with people asking me where I had bought it from.  

£7.99 for both.

As you can see, I picked up the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and I am so glad I did because it was an absolute steal for £7.99. I thought the packaging of this was really nice and that it would be perfect to give to someone as a gift or just to buy yourself as a treat and try the product. Inside the little box there were the two 15ml tubes (pictured above) and they're a really good size making them great value for money. One thing that I will say about this is that when I opened it I was shocked to see that it was brown! I just didn't expect it to be brown because it's called an Eight Hour Cream. I expected that it would be white.

I really like looking on Fragrance Direct because sometimes you really can find some amazing things as super knocked down prices. All in all, everything I bought was supposed to have cost me over £98 but buying from Fragrance Direct meant I got everything for a little over £26.

Have you ever ordered anything from Fragrance Direct? What do you think of the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and Dainty Doll cosmetics?
 


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you ordered from there! I have a ton of Dainty Doll stuff in my basket but haven't processed it yet.
    I'm sure that person was okay in the end, it always looks worse than it is

    Roxy's Box of Tricks  

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have ordered from there before and I'm really impressed. The delivery on this was super quick!! Some of the products don't smell too appealing but for £1.99 I'm not really bothered!xxx

      Delete
  2. Kudos to Nicola for embracing the pale! I guess there's nothing wrong with a faux tan, but it's great to see her creating lovely products for other pale-skinned girls. The blush looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks so much better pale! It's really nice to see a makeup brand aimed at pale skinned girls because the colours are all designed to work well with a pale skin tone. I love the cream blush I ordered xxx

      Delete
  3. The concealer looks very interesting! :) Did it workout well for you? :)

    xx, Sam

    http://samantha--ashley.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pen concealer is okay. I'm glad I picked it up for £1.99 becauause I definitely wouldn't have paid full price for it. I have only tried to pen concealer and cream blush so will be doing a first impressions post at some point xxx

      Delete