Sunday, 3 March 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Collection

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the weekend. The weather here in London has actually been okay today! There have been a fair few black clouds in the sky but the sun has been shining and it is starting to feel a little warmer (although I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I'm a person who is always warm so I easily over heat and get moody haha!!). I haven't really done much this weekend. The main thing I got up to was shopping on Friday and I probably spent a little too much money!! I just cannot resist Oxford Street; I don't live far away from it and the shops are just so big. I especially love the Boots - wow!

Today my train tickets have been booked to go home for two weeks in April and I have a lot of lovey new items of clothing and makeup!! (yay, happy Elysia!!). I couldn't believe how impressed I was with Primark. I know some people love the shop and go there lots but I can't say I'm that fond of it. I will pop in occasionally but I don't go out of my way to go in; I have to be in the mood! Anyway, I shall talk more about Primark and what I picked up in my collective February haul video!

Getting into the actual content of this post, I have picked up some things from the new MAC Archie's Girls collection! I'm not going to review these products because I will do that at some point in the future for you all. I just wanted to share with you what I got and show you some pictures of the items, in case any of you were wanting to pick some things up!

I really like this collection and I thought it was so so cute. I know a lot of people didn't like the white packaging and thought it looked rather cheap and almost like children's makeup but I really liked it. I only picked up two things (I thought I would be sensible as I'm wanting to make a few big purchases in May when my family come down and move me out of where I am staying now and back home) but I will be honest and say I loved the whole collection; especially the lip glosses in the Betty line!

You may have noticed on Twitter that I had been getting exceptionally excited about the collection being released and that I had my eye on the Limited Edition brush collection (oh my gosh, the white handles with the red love hearts just had be sold instantly - cute!). The collection went to Selfridges first and believe they had exclusivity for two weeks before the collection went live on the actual MAC website. Unfortunately, the brushes were exclusive to MAC only and I had to wait for the collection to be available. Every time I got an email I was hoping it would be from MAC to say the collection was now available but I didn't get one!! Luckily, someone in the #bbloggers chat told me that the collection was available and I straight away purchased them.


My grandad was an absolute babe and let me use his card to order the brushes (I know you don't read my blog but thank you grandad!!) and I am so glad that I ordered these brushes asap! The collection had been released the day earlier and I ordered these on the Wednesday! By the time Friday came (just two days later) these brushes had completely sold out!! They were priced at £39.50 for the set of five brushes and it includes three eye brushes and two face brushes. They feel good quality and although some people have said the two face brushes feel a little scratchy I don't particularly agree. However, I haven't used these yet because they're just gorgeous and I don't want to ruin them haha!!

The second thing that I picked up was the Pearl Matte Face Powder and I didn't order this online; I bought it in person. I popped into MAC on Friday and noticed they didn't have the collection out on display. When I asked one of the makeup artists if they had any of the collection or not she informed me that the collection is not yet in the MAC stores but is due to come in this Thursday the 7th of March!

Pearl Matte Face Powder in shade Veronica's Blush - £21.50

Again, I have not used this yet but I have swatched it and it looks very pretty. My first impressions of this product is that it does not have a lot of colour pay off so wouldn't work well as a blush; even though I am pale. However, I plan on using this as a highlighter and I think it will work great for that. I managed to get hold of this in Selfridges and there were only two left in stock so I was over the moon to have got hold of this!! The colour is very subtle but still pretty and the packaging is super cute. I can't really comment anymore as this is only my first impressions but I shall do a full review on this soon.

As there were only two of these left in store at Selfridges on Friday, I assume now that this colour will now be out of stock. I'm not sure about the stock levels of the Pearl Matte powder from the Betty side of the collection as I didn't ask about it. I swatched it on my hand and although I thought it had good colour pay off I thought the pink would be better suited to my pale skin tone (I didn't swatch Veronica's Blush before buying it, as there was not one on show. As soon as the makeup artist said they had two I immediately said I would take one of them; I guess I made a good gamble!!). I also know for a fact that both the Vernonica and Betty Pearl Matte Face Powders were out of stock on Friday on the MAC website and I'm not sure but I think one of them was out of stock on Selfridges. I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on that one!

If you do find that what you want is out of stock, (if you have one close to you) I definitely recommend going into a MAC store on Thursday the 7th of March and seeing if the collection has arrived in store. I was told it was going to hit stores on the 4th so it's worth a try.

What did you think of the Archie's Girls collection? Did you buy anything from it or were the things you wanted out of stock?

I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend.





12 comments:

  1. Aww this brush set is sooo cute :D i managed to pick up 'Girl Next Door' & 'Betty Bright' lipsticks and 'Flatter Me' beauty powder and i love them so much :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist it! I had my eye on it as soon as I looked at big American bloggers who were lucky enough to be sent the whole collection for review before it was released! They're amazing but I'm scared to use them incase I ruin them haha! Ooh those colours were gorgeous. I remember seeing them - a lot of people have been raving over the lipsticks in this collection.
      Although I don't particularly like her as a person, I am looking forward to the RiRi loves MAC collection to be released!! xxx

      Delete
  2. the face powder looks gorgeous! i really want to get some of the lipsticks from the archie girls collection!xx

    www.okfashionbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lipsticks looked lovely but unfortunately I don't wear lipsticks so didn't bother picking any up! The powder is absolutely gorgeous! I hope you manage to pick up the bits you want :D xxx

      Delete
  3. do you mean this thursday as thats the 7th? Or tomorrow the 4th? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, my mistake! I meant the 7th. I have changed it now to avoid further confusion :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Pearl Matte Face Powder in Veronica's Blush looks lovely!

    Sarah
    PrettyGloss - beauty, makeup & a lil gibberish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so pretty doesn't it. To be honest I'm scared to use it because I don't want to ruin it and mess the colours up!xx

      Delete
  5. I love Oxford Street too! I wish I lived a bit nearer though.
    The blusher looks absolutely lovely, I keep meaning to go and have a look at this collection.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live so so close to it to going for a quick shop is far too tempting! It is an amazing place to go shopping I love it. Ah you should go and pop into a MAC store if you live near one because the collection was launched in store today and it has also been launched in Debenhams and they currently have 10% off of beauty and fragrance until Staturday 9th of March xx

      Delete
  6. Dropping by to say hi after I saw your blog on Northern Beauty's Blog hop :D

    I really like your blog so I followed you on GFC! Do check mine out too! It's rather new but I try my best!

    xx, Sam

    http://samantha--ashley.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah hello and thank you very much for following :) I'm super glad you like the blog! I shall definitely pop over and have a look at your blog, good luck with it!xx

      Delete