Thursday, 4 April 2013

March Haul

Ah finally my laptop is fixed and I am able to blog! It turns out that the problems I was experiencing with Internet Explorer were not caused by me or a virus! We know someone who does home visits to fix computers and he finally got onto the internet and seen that Micorsoft have in fact caused the problem as part of their latest update was faulty. I'm too blonde to be able to understand all of the detailed 'tech talk' but basically there is nothing wrong with my laptop (no virus's or anything - wahooo!). Anyway, the guy has installed Google Chrome into my laptop and this is going to be my new browser now! So until Microsoft issue another update fixing the faulty part of their previous one, there is nothing he can do (it was either install a new and different browser or take my laptop away, delete everything off of it and then re install everything individually which would have been super time consuming and expensive!). What a stressful time, silly Microsoft!!

I'm back home now for a few weeks and I'm going to try and get back into my pattern of regularly blogging! I did actually try and write this post out a few days ago on my iPad but it didn't work out. Blogging from anything but a laptop/computer is such a pain in the bum!

Sit back and relax (maybe grab something to eat and a drink) because this collective haul is going to be rather large!...

Primark 

I know loads of people adore shopping in Primark and find some absolute gems in there but to be honest I just find the whole experience to be stressful! As soon as I step into Primark I just feel myself get all flustered and to be honest I never usually find anything decent in there anyway. I'm not going to lie, I do sometimes enjoy having a look around but I do have to be in the mood for a Primark trip. When I was on Oxford Street I felt the need to just pop in and see if I could find some cheap and simple tops for everyday wear.

I picked up these tshirts in white and the sky blue colour because they stood out to me and I thought they'd be great for summer. They're super cheap, baggy and look really nice on! I love the detailing on the shoulder and the fact that they're plain means you can wear them as they are or accessorize them. At the end of the day, for £4 each you cannot go wrong!

£4 each.

Last year, I picked up a few tops that were super similar to these ones and I wore them all of the time. I pratically lived in them and I still do they're so damn comfy! I actually went into Primark looking to see if they'd got the very same tops in again but they didn't and instead had the ones below... I really like them because they're pretty long (they come down my thigh a little bit and I'm pretty tall so on someone who was shorter/short I think these tops would be more like dresses...) and they're longer at the back so they cover up your bum! I'm not a big fan of things buttoned right up to my neck but I will just wear them undone slightly and for £5 each I know I will get a lot of wear out of them!

£5 each.

Next I picked up two really funky tops. They're more in the style of tank tops because they have really big arm slits but that doesn't bother me because I love that style. They're so baggy and comfortable and I find they flatter my shape well. I'm a pretty casual dresser so if I can throw something on and it looks good then I'm happy! Again, both of these tops were £5 each I think they're great value.

£5 each.

Recently, I have been loving skulls and scarfs so when I noticed this snood I had to throw it into my basket! Whilst I was shopping, I was debating whether or not I should have put this back because I didn't think I would get much wear out of it. However, lately the weather has been awful and I'm glad I bought this because it's definitely come in handy! I love the design of this snood and the material isn't too thick so it looks great on those sunny but cold days.

£4.

Finally, I picked up some beauty bits because they are absolute bargains! I love using the Primark cosmetic pads for taking off my nail varnish. Personally, I didn't like them for use with a cleanser, toner or other makeup remover because they were just too thin but when they're £1 for 160 pads they work out perfect for use with nail polish remover. The Carmex was a steal at £2 and I had to pick this up because I've never tried one of these tubes before. I picked up the Bio Oil on a total whim because I have been wanting to try it for a while but never wanted to pay the price as I wasn't sure whether or not it actually worked. However, I seen this in Primark (yes, Primark now sells Bio Oil) I couldn't resist and put it in my basket. I'm not exactly sure how much this was but I think it was either £5.90 or £6.90 (either way, it's cheaper than if you bought it from Boots or Superdrug)


~ Cosmetic Pads £1.
~ Bio Ooil £5.90/£6.90
~ Carmex £2.



Boots

Like most other beauty obsessed women, I love a good Boots! I'm lucky enough to live super close to Oxford Street where there is an amazing Boots that's absolutely huge and sells everything any beauty lover could ever want! I had some money left over from my birthday and I have a ridiculous amount of points on my Advantage Card so I thought I would go all out and treat myself! 

~ Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr '005' - Review here
~ Benefit Dandelion - £23.50.
~ Soft and Gentle deodrant x2.
~ Lancome Balme In Love '001'  (limited edition).
Lancome free gift.~ Soap & Glory 'Mist You Madly'.  
~ Soap & Glory 'Hand Maid' x2 - Review here
~ Lee Stafford Heat Protector.
~ Boots straight tweezers (super cheap!)
~ Boots hair clips

~ Maybelline Gel Eyeliner.
~ Marybelline Colour Tattoo x2.
~ Rimmel Scandaleyes.
~ Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes.

~ Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.
~ Real Techniques Setting Brush.
~ Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush.

~ Real Techniques Stippling Brush.

Fragrance Direct

I absolutely love this site for beauty bargains and I have saved a lot of money shopping with them! I picked up some bargain Dainty Doll products that were all more or less £1.99 (haul here) and I picked up eight Essie nail varnishes that were also £1.99 instead of their usual £6.99 (haul here)!


MAC/Selfridges

I absolutely loved the MAC Archies Girls collection (you can see my post on what I got here) and I couldn't resist the Pearl Matte powder. I also picked up their Studio Finish Concealer in NW15 and to be honest I think I might well have wasted £14.50 because I really don't rate it! It's useless for under my eyes and I find it too thick to work with (I shall review it soon).


Superdrug

I have heard so much about Sleek makeup and I really wanted to try some of their products. I have heard a lot of people gushing over how good their eye shadow palettes are and I thought I would treat myself to one. I have also been getting into contouring and highlighting my face and after reading a review of the Face Form Palette I decided I would look out for that or the Contour Palette. The Superdrug I went to didn't have a lot of Sleek products left but I think I managed to find some gems!


~ Oh So Special Palette.

~ Face Form Palette - Light.


John Bell & Croyden

This pharmacy is in Central London and is stocking Bioderma! I believe that it is the first place in the UK to the stocking the French skin care brand and they had a great range of products. The prices were much cheaper than I expected them to be and although they didn't have many bottles of Bioderma left they were expecting a delivery (demand had been extremely high). I don't think Bioderma is coming to stores such as Boots and Superdrug because I believe the brand want to be in pharmacies that are much smaller and can therefore offer advice and recommendations based on an individuals skin type. I picked up this 250ml bottle for £10 and you can read about my first impressions of it here.


John Lewis 

NARS 'Laguna' has been on my beauty wishlist for ages and every time I watched one of Tanya Burrs amazing makeup tutorials and seen her use it I wanted it more! Laguna is one of those cult products that every makeup lover knows about (and probably owns) and I believe that it is one of the best selling bronzers that there is. I'm not going to lie, this was a pricey product but I know that it will last me a long time. Laguna cost me £26.00 and I think it's worth every penny! I am absolutely loving using it and it's perfect for my pale skin tone! This was also my first ever NARS product and I am not disappointed; it's everything I thought it would be and more.


Ryman 

I was sick of having my brushes shoved in my makeup bag and because I have recently been buying so many I was actually running out of room. I popped into Ryman because I needed to get a new writing pad and just ended up having a little look around the store. I came across their storage section and noticed these acrylic pen holders. I thought they would be perfect for storing my makeup brushes in and they were a really reasonable price (I think they were £2.59 each). They look really good in my room and I'm happy that I picked them up on a whim.


Cosmopolitan freebies.

I got this Elemis moisturiser and lip balm with April's addition of Cosmopolitan magazine. They cost me £7 (because it was £3.50 per magazine and I bought two) and so far I am impressed with Elemis. I had never tried the brand before so picking up the two copies of the magazine was a cheap and cheerful way to see what I thought of them.


That's everything for my March haul and it seems as though I picked up a lot of new and exciting things last month. I shall be reviewing most of these new beauty products as soon as possible and I look forward to featuring my new nail varnishes in NOTD posts! I think I picked up some amazing summer colours! Primark really impressed me when I popped in and it seems as though they really have been on top form for the Spring/Summer season! 

Did you pick up any new beauty items last month?

 Don't forget to enter my 200 GFC followers and 10,000 pageviews giveaway! One lucky reader will get the chance to win three Limited Edition pink handled Smashbox eye brushes! ENTER HERE

Twitter: @PurpleElll
YouTube: PamperMeToPerfection
Instagram: Elysia_JW

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic haul! Amazing buys xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me want to shop!! I wish we had Primark here, darn it. Have you used your Real Techniques brushes yet? I'm in love with mine. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have used my real techniques brushes and they're amazing! I picked some up February and that's why I picked these up! I just had to go back for more!! xx

      Delete
  3. Awww I don't even know where to start,I love the things you got,the bright tops,skull snood,RT makeup brushes,Sleek :)Oh and Essie nail polishes look amazing,perfect spring colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did pick up a lot of things! I can't wait to try out all of my Essie polishes! I am thinking of doing a post where I swatch them all as someone has asked me to do this xx

      Delete
  4. Okay so difficult to pick & choose the best ones. :) Those Essie shades are so fresh & spring-like.

    Sarah
    PrettyGloss - beauty, makeup & a lil gibberish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous aren't they? I love wearing pinks xx

      Delete
  5. Wow you really went for it! Love the aztec tee xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like I did doesn't it? I'm a typical girl though, I LOVE shopping :) I loved it too, it really caught my eye :) xx

      Delete
  6. Great haul, amazing products love a lot of the things you bought!

    boldinballerinass.co.uk

    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete