I have always wanted to try They're Real but I've never actually got round to buying it. The truth is, I haven't ever wanted to try it enough to convince myself that I need to go out and buy it right away. I would always consider buying it but then come across a few reviews of people saying the mascara was sticky, hard to remove, ruined their lashes and made their eyelashes go spidery. Now I know that a lot of girls these days like the spider eye lash look (Why!? I do not know) but I personally cannot stand them. I find them awful to the point where I have to stop myself saying to someone 'you do know that your mascara is making your eyelashes spidery don't you?' I know it's a personal thing how you prefer your lashes to look but for me spidery ones aren't acceptable. I'm pretty OCD when it comes to putting my mascara on and it's the thing that takes up the most time in my makeup routine. I like to have perfect lashes (well what I consider perfect) and if they're not up to my high standards I feel extremely rubbish!
That's weird and totally off topic, I know. But my point is ... I like a mascara that doesn't give me spider eyelashes. When I seen on Twitter that when you bought the current edition of ELLE you got a mini Benefit They're Real I went on a mission to hunt one down! I paid £4 for the magazine and the sample mascara is worth £9. For me personally, the magazine wasn't something I would buy again but the mascara definitely made it a worthwhile purchase!
I have done a few of these first impressions posts before and they have always received really good feedback so I thought I'd continue to do them! So far I have really enjoyed using They're Real...
- The wand is Plastic with little spikes on it (which is something I usually hate but this one is okay and doesn't scratch your eyelids).
- The black is black.
- It seems to lengthen as opposed to adding volume.
- One good coat can be used to achieved an eye opening look.
- Separates lashes.
- Easy to apply.
- I like quite a bit of mascara and I use two good coats to achieve a 'dramatic' look.
- It can become or start to look spidery quite easily.
- It works well on the lashes, whether you have curled them or not.
- Doesn't feel too sticky.
- Has serious staying power (I had been out all night, got home, fell asleep and in the morning this was still in place with no panda eyes!!)
- Isn't too difficult to remove - just hold your makeup wipe/cotton pad on your eyes for a few seconds longer.
- The spikes on the tip of the wand are perfect for getting right into the corner eyelashes or for using on the bottom more delicate lashes.
- Doesn't make me feel as though I have to tell people 'They're Real' eyelashes.
Since I have been doing these first impressions I have noticed that some people like the short snappy first impressions posts that I write after using the product for a few days whereas some people prefer the more in depth detailed reviews that are written after I have used the product for quite some time. Therefore, if you want to me to a 'first impressions' post and a proper detailed for every product please comment below and let me know :)