Wednesday, 15 May 2013

iPhone 5 Case Haul

If you have read my April Haul (it's here) I have recently got an iPhone 5. I'm absolutely over the moon with it and it was well worth the money. Before getting my phone, I was always amazed by the amount of cases that were available for iPhone's. I used to have a Blackberry and to be honest the cases for those were always rubbish! 

I got my iPhone on pay as you and therefore I need to protect it! I bought it from the Apple store and unfortunately they don't offer product insurance (I was genuinely surprised that they didn't offer this. It's something I thought they would offer for sure!) so my phone isn't insured yet! I'm debating whether or not to get it insured with someone such as Protect My Bubble.

iPhone's are notorious for smashing super easily and shattering when they're dropped so I definitely wanted to get a case on it asap!! Although, iPhone's look super pretty without a case on it's just too reckless to take the risk. Let's face it, they're not the cheapest thing and it you damage it badly, you've just wasted a couple of hundred pounds.

The cases that are available on eBay are super duper cheap and this is why I think I went a little crazy! It was one of those moments where I kept adding stuff into my basket and then actually realised how many cases I was about to buy!

I picked up this case from Accessorize when I first bought my iPhone because I wanted something to put on it straight away so it was protected. I love the quilted look and the crystals and a nice extra finishing touch. The sides of the case are shiny silver and although at £12.00 this case is a lot more expensive than any of the other ones I bought it's really well made and feels nice and sturdy. When I tried to this this off my phone I actually thought I was going to snap my phone in half; the case most definitely has a snug fit!


 I absolutely love cats and so these cat cases were perfect! The baby pink and mint green goes perfect with my phone. I originally ordered the pink one (which I discovered actually glows in the dark!!) and I was impressed with it that I later ordered the mint green one.
The cases are made out of silicone so are super easy to get on and off your phone. They're good quality and even protect the side buttons on your phone. These cases cost me £3.99 each, had free delivery and also came with a free screen protector. You can buy them from the eBay seller here.
























Again, this lilac case would go perfect with my white phone and I loved the pearls and lace on the back of it. The only thing that I'm not 100% impressed with it the black rim around the camera. I just don't think it goes with the case and slightly lets down it's appearance!
This case is hard, has free delivery, is £3.49 and comes with a free screen protector. You can get this case here.


I added this see through case into my bag because I really liked the look of it. It was super cheap and the fact that it's made of Silicone means it's easy to remove. It's feels good quality and looks great on a white phone. This case cost £2.45, had free delivery and comes with a free screen protector. You can buy it here.


I loved this case as soon as I seen it! It reminded me of vines and I like the way the phone can be seen through it. The sides of the case do feel rather flimsy but I didn't expect it to be super sturdy; it's only from eBay! Unfortunately, I can't remember what I searched to find this case but this case wasn't expensive at all. I think it was around £3 something.


I thought a bright pink bumper would look amazing on a white phone! When this case I wasn't really that impressed because I realised that the back of my phone wouldn't be protected and I don't want it to get all scratched. The grey/silver buttons that are on the side (there's also one on the top where you turn your phone off or onto standby) don't feel very good quality. The good thing about this bumper is that the middle of it is hard but the edges have a bit of movement so it's easier to get off. 
This bumper was £1.99, had free delivery and also came with a free screen protector. You can buy it here


I absolutely loved this phone case when I was looking at it! I loved the pink pearls and I thought that again it would go great with my white phone. When this arrived it didn't look as nice as I expected it too but it will do. One thing that I was pretty annoyed about was the fact that it said the seller was from the UK (I only ever buy things that are from a UK seller) and it actually turned out that the case came from Hong Kong! Again, I can't find the case because I don't know what I searched. I think it was around £4 something and the postage was around 99p. It also came with a free screen protector. 


I'm not majorly into Hello Kitty so I'm surprised I wanted one of these cases. However, I have always found them so cute and it was really reasonably priced so I thought I would add one into my basket (after all, it wasn't going to break the bank). I love that Hello Kitty is bright pink; it's so cute! This is a silicone case so it's soft and therefore really easy to get on and off. The silicone also feels pretty good quality and is pretty thick. The only downside to this case is that it makes your phone feel as though it's twice as big and heavy and Hello Kitty is just too cute to use! Again, I can't find the seller I got this from but if you search for these cases on eBay there are tonnes and tonnes - they're easy to find! This case cost me £3 something and had free delivery (I think). I'm not 100% sure whether or not it came with a free screen protector. 



Finally I picked up one of the Celine bag headphone plugs. I really wanted the black and white one but it had sold out. I love pink and I love purple so I thought this one was a perfect second choice to go for. Again, I can't find the seller for this as I think they have completely sold out but this cost me around £7. I don't think that I will be using this on my phone. I think it will just be one of those novelty things that I have. It might be a bit tacky but I like it and it's the only Celine 'bag' I will be owning for a few years haha!! 


As you can see there was a bit of a colour theme going on with my phone accessories - pink and purple. This wasn't intentional, it just happened. I hope this post hasn't made you want to have an eBay phone case buying session ha! Thank you for reading and I shall be back with another post shortly!

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW
Don't forget the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards 2013 are now open for you to nominate your favourite blogs. Without sounding cheeky, if you would like to vote for The Little Beauty Blogg in the 'Best New Beauty Blog' category it would mean the absolute world to me. You can nominate your favourite blogs HERE x

(PLEASE NOTE: I had no problem with any of the sellers I used to purchase any of these products; the correct money was taken, they all arrived in new/unused conditions and delivery was prompt. If anyone uses any of the links I have provided to purchase a phone accessory and encounters any problems I am not liable. I am simply sharing where I bought these items from. I haven't been paid for this post, nor am I associated with any of the sellers who I have provided links for.) 

5 comments:

  1. Cute cases! I love the cat one! I don't have an iPhone and it's so hard to find really cute cases for HTC phones ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know how you feel being limited with phone cases; when I had my blackberry I'd always wish there were ones available as easily as iPhone cases were. Hopefully you manage to find a nice HTC one. If you haven't already, have a good look through eBay and you'll probably find something :) xxx

      Delete
  2. all of the cases are so cute! but, the only one i see myself using is the pink bumper (since i love bumpers, a lot!)

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bumper but it's the one I can see myself using the least. I don't like the fact that only the sides of my phone are protected - I want the back to look perfect too xxx

      Delete
  3. I have the Hello Kitty one! I love getting new cases :) It's addictive

    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete