Saturday, 25 May 2013

Lancome Color Ideal Poudre - Review

Hello lovelies, sorry it's taken me such a long time to blog! As I have previously said, I have finished university now (not for good as I still have a bit longer to go until I graduate) so I am having to pack everything up ready to move out next week! Family are coming down on Tuesday so I'm super excited and can't wait to see them! I haven't really had time to blog because my life has been hectic - hanging out, relaxing, having fun and finalising everything before I move! I'm feeling a bit stressed but I'm sure I will feel much more relaxed when I no longer have to live out of cardboard boxes (and I'm pretty sure a damn good shopping session on Oxford Street with my fellow shopaholic family will sort me right out! After all, you all know how much I love a good shop!!) 

By now, you all know that I love Lancome and own far too many of their products! One of the things most women have in their makeup bag is some form of face powder. Whether it's to keep their foundation looking matte, control the oil levels in their skin, to stop their makeup looking cakey, to further perfect their makeup or to add a little bit of extra coverage most of us own a powder!

Lancome's Color Ideal Poudre is a pressed powder that is designed to keep makeup matte for up to 8 hours. I picked this powder up in November (you can see it in my haul here) and have been using it everyday since then. Finally, after all the months of use, this powder has well and truly crumbled because I've definitely hit pan! I'm definitely going to be picking up another one of these whilst I'm shopping because I love it! A lot of beauty bloggers rave about the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and I have used it a few times but it doesn't match up to this powder (I will do a review of the Rimmel powder, in the near future). 


Shade: I picked up shade 010 which is the lightest shade available in this powder. Although the powder isn't translucent as such, it doesn't add any more colour on top of the foundation that has already been applied. This shade is virtually colourless and undetectable on my skin.

Texture: The texture of this powder is really light and doesn't feel as though you have applied anything onto the face. Due to it being so light, it doesn't look as though you are wearing any powder on top of your makeup which means you don't have cakey looking makeup!

Application: As you can see from the photo above, this powder comes with a white sponge applicator but I have never ever bothered to use that. I have always applied this powder with a brush and I think this is why I have never got that cakey powdery makeup look whilst wearing this. The product is easily picked up by a brush and applies easily all over the face. Due to it being so fine, the powder blends perfectly.

How long does it last?: I don't use this powder for controlling oily skin because I'm fortunate enough to not have this problem. The reason I use this powder is to just ensure my foundation remains matte throughout the day and to help it stay perfectly in place. As I have said in previous posts, I don't re apply or top up my make up at all during the day so this powder does definitely keep my makeup matte and in place for all day and up to 8 hours like Lancome claims it does.

Packaging: In true Lancome fashion, the packaging of this product is gorgeous! The powder packaging comes in a silver box and the casing is shiny black. On the top of the casing there is a gold Lancome rose in the right hand bottom corner and the top of the casing is also clear with the Lancome flower logo underneath. I just love Lancome packaging.

Price: This powder cost £29.00 and therefore is on the higher end of the pressed powder price scale. However, as I said before I have been using this since November and although it has now broken up I do still have a fair amount of product left. I think this is pretty good value for money when you divide the cost by the amount of time I have been using this powder.

What do Lancome say about the powder?:
- Precise match.
- Skin perfecting powder.
- Fine and incredibly light textured powder that blends easily.
- A powder that leaves the skin soft.
- A matte finish that lasts up to 8 hours.
- Shine free complexion.
- Allergy tested.
- Dermtologically tested.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Non-comedogenic (this means that none of the ingredients that are used within the powder clog the skins pores and therefore shouldn't cause the wearer to suffer from any breakouts)


Have you ever tried this powder? Which is your favourite matte face powder to use?

No comments:

Post a Comment