Saturday, 1 June 2013

May Haul!

Hello lovelies, I can't believe it's June already! Time seems to have flown by this year. I have spent the last few days in London with family moving my things out, walking around seeing some of the sights (yes, I was a tourist for the day in the city I've lived in for the past two years) and of course we did some shopping! Well actually, we did a lot of shopping but never mind because it was fun!

I arrived home yesterday and it feels amazing to be here. I'm really close to my family so being back home with them for the next 3 months is something I'm really looking forward to. It's going to be nice being able to hang out with family and friends just doing absolutely nothing and not having to worry about my degree. I was unpacking some of my things earlier and came across a Jackie Collins book in my wardrobe. I actually received the book for Christmas but my study schedule is so crazy I haven't had time to read it! I'm not a big reader anymore (I used to be such a book worm) but I love her books so I'm going to enjoy kicking back, relaxing and finally reading her latest novel.

I was spoilt rotten in London and I am so thankful and appreciative of everything I got! I did buy some of these things myself when I went to Oxford Street earlier in May after one of my exams but half of the things in my haul were gifts. I know haul posts are a bit like Marmite - some love them whilst others hate them. I personally love them and they're my favourite posts to both read and write.


Some of our shopping bags - oops!!

ELLE

I picked up the latest edition of ELLE Magazine and got a free sample of Benefits They're Real mascara! I don't usually read ELLE and only picked it up so I could try the Benefit mascara out. The sample is worth £9.50 and the magazine only costs £4 so it's worth picking one up if you're wanting to try this famous mascara without having to fork out a lot of money. I didn't think I'd be a fan of the mascara but I actually think that's it okay. I recently dedicated a post to my first impressions of this mascara and you can read this here. I shall also be doing an in depth review of the mascara at some point in the future too!

Shu Uemura 

I have heard SO much about these eyelash curlers and when I seen the Pixiwoo's using a gold pair of them I was too excited! I wasn't sure what brand they were or whether or not they were even within my price range. I don't know how I found out that they were Shu Uemura (I'm not sure whether they said so in one of their videos) but as soon as I did I knew I had to have them. I haven't ever used an eyelash curler before and I didn't really fancy using a cheap one. I didn't want to use something that would ruin or rip out my eyelashes as they're long and thick so I didn't want to destroy them!! In Boots, cheap eyelash curlers were around £8 and some No7 ones I was looking at were £14. I thought I'd rather pay a little bit extra and get the holy grail of eyelash curlers!
I have always had my eye on the ordinary silver curlers but when I knew about these gold ones I was sold. I love gold (gold is the only jewellery I will wear - I don't like the cool tones of White Gold and I'm allergic to Silver) so naturally I was drawn to the gold pair.
I picked these up from Selfridges and I was so glad they actually had them in stock! The eyelash curlers are 24 carat gold, limited edition, features enhanced design and upgraded features. I'm in LOVE with these beauties, they look stunning in my makeup bag and they're not just a gimmick; they actually work and are worth every penny. I definitely recommend them and I shall be reviewing them in the near future.




Next 

I have been loving Next recently for basic tops and t shirts. They always have some lovely work clothing in too but as I'm still studying I don't need to worry about looking formal. I picked this top up because I noticed it in my local store in April (when I picked up the tops I featured in my April haul here) but unfortunately it was pulled and they only had that one left in my size. My mum, nanna and auntie really like Next clothing so whilst they were looking around I thought I'd have a look for the t shirt. Luckily I found it and I was over the moon it's going to look amazing with something else that I picked up last month!! The fabric feels really nice quality and the t shirt is nice and loose. Usually, I love tank tops but recently I have been branching out and getting a few loose fitting t shirts (maybe this is a sign of me growing up!?).




River Island 

I have to admit, I don't often go crazy in River Island but this month I have been loving their plain t shirts! They have come out with some amazing pieces that are perfect for summer and very 'me' so I have been shopping in there a lot.

I absolutely LOVE these tops they look really nice on! Two of the pictures that I have included have been taken off of the River Island website because I wore them recently whilst spending time with family in London and they're now in the wash (oops). There is also a bright pink version of this top available and I dragged my poor mum and nanna into every River Island store on Oxford Street! There are actually 3 stores and none of them had my size; 2 of them didn't even have the tops available to buy!





I love distressed looking material and these two t shirts really appealed to me. Again, they're loose fitting and are going to be perfect for summer. 
The grey top will look amazing with my black and white McQueen scarf and some converse!
The burgundy top is such an amazing piece - I just love it! The material on the shoulders has a completely different look to the bottom of the t shirt and rather than looking like a pinky burgundy colour it looks almost pinky lilac - love it! 



Finally, I picked up two more loose fitting t shirts. The fabric of these is thin and perfect for summer. They have arms that are a decent length and make me think that I could get away with not wearing a cardigan (I hate my arms so I like to cover them up). There was four colours available - light grey, white, black and cobalt blue. In store they were 2 for £16 but unfortunately the same offer is not available online. I chose the white and grey tops because they will look amazing with two very exciting things that I picked up and have featured further down in this haul post! 


 (I think I might be returning this t shirt - it looks
such a funny shape!)

MAC 

I have been looking for the perfect thin eyeliner brush for ages and I think I may have found it. I was going to get the 209 but this brush is a little finer. The guy that served me and my auntie in Selfridges was so lovely (I think he was called Jamie) and I asked him if they did one that was any thinner than the 209. He said they did and this is how I ended up with the 210. It has a super fine point and I'm happy with it. Although it's only thin you will still be able to create a thick bold line with this; you'll just have to take a little longer building the intensity of the line up! 


Boots

I picked up the Real Techniques Duo Fibre set up from Boots and I am so glad that I did! I posted a picture of these on Instagram and Twitter and a few people asked where I'd got them from. I picked them up from a big Boots in London and there were only a few sets left. I love the feel of these brushes and the contour brush is amazing for using when contouring super pale skin. These brushes are limited edition but if you haven't picked these up yet don't panic; they are available for a year.
I picked up some models own nail polishes because they were on a 3 for 2 offer. I have been dying to get my hands on the new neon colours and the pink one immediately caught my eye. I picked up Jack Frost because I have seen so many other beauty bloggers using it and it looks amazing when used as a top coat. I didn't really have another nail polish in mind so had a hard time choosing a 3rd one (but I wasn't going to just get the 2 and miss out on a free one!) so I went for a sparkly pink glitter. This is chunky glitter and will look so cute on the neon pink as a top coat.
Finally, I picked up another Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Permanent Taupe'. I have been looking out for this colour for so long and have never been able to find it! Luckily when we went shopping the huge Boots on Oxford Street had this colour available and I picked up the very last one- yay, lucky me!!



Schuh

Unfortunately, when I was moving my things out there was a huge amount of water and I didn't realise! I'd got a phone call saying that they were near by and I just shoved my brown mini Bailey Button UGG's on (which I got in my Christmas Haul here), went to meet them and encountered the water. I couldn't avoid it and although I was careful it soaked right into my boots. I dried them out and it has left big water marks around the front and sides. I was devastated and immediately Google'ed to see if there was something I could use. The Schuh website had amazing reviews for the Ugg Care Kit and so I picked it up. I shall definitely do a blog post about the cleaning process of my UGG's.


Ted Baker

I was lucky enough to receive a large Ted Baker wash bag for Christmas and although it's huge it just isn't big enough for all of my make up! I don't have the space at uni to have proper makeup storage so I like to use nice makeup bags. I noticed the bright pink wash bag a while back in John Lewis and knew that when family came down shopping I would look out for it. I featured this wash bag in my Summer shopping wish list post here and was gutted when I couldn't see it in the Ted Baker Store. I asked a member of staff and luckily they had one in the store room so she got it out for me! I love it, I'm going through a total pink phase at the moment.


Alexander McQueen 

Finally, I have my super exciting items! I was a VERY spoilt girl and I am so grateful! I appreciate these scarves so so much and I can't believe that I now have a little collection. I am going to treasure them forever and hopefully continue to collect them over many more years to come! As you will know if you read my Christmas haul post all those months ago, I received one of these icons and I have worn it more or less everyday since. I Instagram'ed a picture of my big Selfridges bag and a few people liked it so now you can actually see what I bought .... 

I noticed this pink scarf in Selfridges a few months ago and fell in love with it! I knew I was definitely after it for summer and when I went to the McQueen section there was no pink scarf there; I couldn't believe it! Luckily the sales associate was absolutely lovely and hunted all over to see if there were anymore in stock. I couldn't believe it when she came back with one and said it was one of the last ones - talk about lucky!! I plan on wearing this with a really basic colour such as a plain white t shirt because it's such a bright colour (it's the colour of the Ted Baker makeup bag pictured above!!) 



As soon as I got to the McQueen scarves I looked for the pink one and when I couldn't see it my eye was drawn to this one! I absolutely love the black McQueen scarves and purple is one of my favourite colours. I couldn't resist this and when I tried it on I was sold! Again, the sales associate was really helpful and told me that this scarf is one of McQueen's latest colours and Selfridges had only had it in stock for around a week! 


I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of these scarves and they feel amazing! I can't wait to wear them and they (along with my black and white one) are going to go really well with a lot of the new tops that I have picked up over the past few months! I'm a plain/casual dresser anyway and these scarves just add an amazing pop to any outfit! They're amazing worn casually or dressed up. If anyone would like me to do a quick blog post with a simple guide of how to authenticate one of these beautiful scarves, I will be happy to do so! 

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend and I shall be back soon with my next post! 

Twitter: @PurpleElll

Instagram: Elysia_JW

6 comments:

  1. Love all of this! Especially the makeup bag! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you lovely! We had a damn good shop :) I love the Ted Baker makeup bags and this one is so bright! The fit so much in them too but I had to get another because my other one is so full it won't close haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ted Baker bag is gorgeous :)

    http://channichic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so lovely! They do so many different colours, I'd love them all haha! xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, glad you enjoyed the haul xxx

      Delete