Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Real Techniques Duo Fibre Brushes - First Impressions!

One thing I have started to become more and more obsessed with is makeup brushes! I don't know what it is about them but I just love buying them. In a short space of time, I seem to have acquired well over 30, it's sad I know! One brush that I did fall in love with was the one from the new Dior Summer 2013 collection! Oh my, it is stunning!! I think the collection is called 'Bird Of Paradise' and the brush is something you'd expect to find in paradise (or maybe even heaven?). The handle is black and the bristles are made from natural hair and are bright pink! I have to admit, I did Instagram a picture saying that I absolutely loved this brush but didn't know whether or not I could justify the whopping price tag. Well, let's just get this out in the open, I well and truly caved into the sheer beauty of the brush and I placed an order for it on Sunday. It arrived this morning and I'm in love, thanks for the amazing delivery Feel Unique ... See, I told you, my brush obsession is getting a little out of hand!

Anyway, onto something that is a little more affordable and has been greatly anticipated by lots of beauty bloggers and brush fanatics out there; the release of the Real Techniques Duo Fibre brushes. This set of 3 brushes was released at the end of May and includes an eye brush, face brush and contour brush. The brushes are made up of both natural and synthetic hairs and are limited edition. Although these brushes are limited edition, don't panic, they're available for one whole year!


I really like these brushes and I'm glad I've picked them up! I have only used them a few times but so far I think they are amazing! The powder brush is a nice size and distributes powder onto the face nicely, the Contour brush is by far my favourite brush and I personally think that it's the best brush in the set. It makes contouring my pale skin super easy and it's the perfect size to just fit under the cheekbone. Finally, the eye brush is a really nice shape and perfect for blending. I feel as though this is a lot like the MAC 217 as it does all of the work for you. It is a little more tapered than the 217, however. 

To quickly summarise, my initial thoughts of the Duo Fibre collection have been really positive:

- The Contour Brush is by far my favourite.
- All of the brushes feel amazingly soft and are easy to use.
- This is the first Real Techniques brush collection that does not come with a case (both the Core Collection and the Starter Set came with a case) but that really doesn't bother me as I didn't like the cases anyway.
- I picked this collection up from Boots for £23.99 which isn't bad for 3 brushes.
- I really like the white handles.
- The brushes are Duo Fibre and this means that they are made from a mixture of real and synthetic bristles.
- These brushes are perfect for people who have a tendency to be a little heavy handed with their makeup application and end up putting too much product on. 
- Really nice packaging.
- As good as the ordinary synthetic Real Techniques brushes.
- Perfect for use with powder products because due to the brushes being synthetic fibres they are perfect for light application.

Have you managed to get hold of these limited edition brushes? What do you think of them?

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

6 comments:

  1. loving the look of these, will have to pick these up!

    rosielouiselove.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are amazing! They're great for people who feel as though they apply too much product or want a lighter coverage xx

      Delete
  2. i totally agree with you the Contour brush is by far my favorite as well its just the way it applies powders its amazing!

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it!? I loved the ordinary Real Techniques contour brush but I think I love this brush even more! xx

      Delete
  3. I want these, just can't justify buying even more brushes aha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are three great brushes! I probably did't need them ... I'm awful with makeup brushes xx

      Delete