Sunday, 16 June 2013

YSL Volupte Sheer Candy 'Juicy Grapefruit 3' - First Impressions

When my family came down to London at the end of May to move me back home for summer, we did some shopping, of course. In Selfridges, both me and my auntie tried to get a YSL Volupte Sheer Candy but the sales assistant told us that there were none in stock as they were being discontinued!! I went into town on Thursday with my mum and auntie because we were meant to be getting some bits for my grandad (their dad) for fathers day but like typical girls when we were in Debenhams we ended up doing a bit of shopping for ourselves too! I was looking around all of the makeup counters for a blusher just seeing if any caught my eye. They didn't and so I noticed the Sheer Candy's sitting there looking pretty amongst the YSL lipsticks. I didn't think that there would be any in stock, as my Debenhams is only a small one, If Selfridges didn't have any then surely they wouldn't... Anyway, to my surprise they had the one I wanted (Number 3 Juicy Grapefruit) in stock and I bought it! I asked the sales assistant in there if it was true that YSL were discontinuing their Sheer Candy line and she said that she didn't know so I don't know what's happening!


I now own a YSL lip product, can I be classed as a 'proper' blogger now ;)?




I have done a few of these first impressions posts and they seem to be going down well with you all so I thought that I would do another one on my latest purchase! I shall of course provide you with a full and in depth review in the near future when I have been using this lip colour for a while longer but so far I really like it! The thoughts below are just about Number 3 Pink Grapefruit... 

- The packaging is absolutely stunning and definitely the selling point for me.
- The colour is super sheer.
- keeps lips hydrated.
- Glides onto the lips extremely easily.
- Perfect for people (like myself) who don't like to wear lipstick but instead prefer a slick of colour or gloss.
- Doesn't feel sticky on the lips.
- Is super pretty.
- Would make a stunning gift.
- Has virtually no colour payoff at all (take that in whatever way you like, negative or positive. For me it's a positive thing as I didn't want any colour pay off).
- Smells amazing.
- Looks amazing in a makeup bag or displayed on a dressing/makeup table.
- Considering there is no colour payoff, Number 3 could just be classed as an expensive/high end lip balm (again take that as you please, negative or positive. For me personally, I don't find this an issue). 

I absolutely love this Volupte Sheer Candy colour and no matter how many times I look at it I cannot get over how amazing the packaging is. I know for a fact that when this runs out I will probably end up being really sad and keeping the casing because I won't be able to bring myself to bin it. I love this Sheer Candy so much that I am going to go back into Debenhams next time I'm in town and see if they have the other shade that I was looking at in stock. I'm still unsure as to whether or not YSL are discontinuing their Sheer Candy range but I sincerely hope they are not; I think I have found my favourite lip products ever! I shall definitely try and find out what's going on when I go in store. 

Have you ever tried one of the YSL Volupte Sheer Candy colours? 

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's really pretty, although it has no colour pay off at all! It just applies as a clear balm, I love it xx

      Delete
  2. This looks a lovely shade, yet another addition to the wish list, lovely post. Emma Louise xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is nice :) Im amazed with the packaging, it's stunning. This has absolutely no colour pay off at all so wouldn't recommend if for people who like colour on their lips xx

      Delete
  3. really pretty shade;)X



    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's stunning in the bullet and sheer on the lips. Just looks like a balm which it
      S what I like xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I've fallen in love with the Sheer Candy range! This colour definitely isn't for women who like a colour on their lips as this has no colour pay off what so ever. It just applies as a sheer balm which is why I got it xx

      Delete
  5. I recently bought one of these in a coral shade and i love it. I have a slight addiction to YSL products and this is by far my fav it looks pretty and feels amazing!

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    L x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Sheer Candy range! There are another 3 shades I would like to get eventually. Although I'll be getting them pretty soon as I bought another one this week and was told that YSL are slowly discontinuing them!! xx

      Delete
    2. Oh no! Il have to go and stock up.

      Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

      L x

      Delete