Monday, 22 July 2013

Balmi Lip Balm - Review

I have been wanting to try one of these lip balms forever and when I noticed a fellow beauty blogger (I cant remember who it was) post something saying that they were available in Tesco I made a mental note that I had to look out for them next time I was shopping. I know that many people say Balmi and EOS lip balms are similar but unfortunately I've never tried anything from EOS so I can't compare them. I know that EOS is readily available in the USA and that we can purchase their products in the Harvey Nichols Beauty Mart but I have never visited; despite living in London.

I was so excited to pick one of these up and although my Tesco only had the Strawberry one available, I wasn't disappointed because this is the flavour I wanted. I am forever buying lip products because I always have sore lips. They're often flaky, sore and sometimes they split. It was only a few months ago that my doctor told me that I actually suffer from eczema on my lips (although it sounds a little weird, yes, it is possible to have eczema there). I asked of there was anything he could prescribe or recommend and he said Vaseline is the best thing to use. I wasn't impressed to say the least, I'm not the biggest fan of Vaseline...



The packaging of the product is really cute and I love the fact that it's a little cube (this is the new packaging, the old packaging was round like the EOS ones). The top screws off (as shown in the picture below) and it's perfect for on the go application. The cube shaped packaging doesn't make the product at all bulky and it's perfect for popping inside your makeup bag, handbag or in a pocket. There is also a small black chord attached to the product that means you can attach your lip balm to your phone, keys or maybe even handbag.

The balm itself feels really nice on the lips and doesn't feel greasy at all. I like to apply a good layer of this before I go to bed so it has all night to soak into my lips. I always wake up with lips that feel super soft. Applying the balm is really easy as it's shaped like a pyramid and glides on perfectly


This Balmi balm cost £4.99 from Tesco and I don't think it's a bad price. I have been using this balm and applying a good layer of it since I bought it in April and it still hasn't ran out. Fair enough, the product is no longer the pyramid shape and is just flat but there's still a lot left. If you divide the price by the amount of times I have used it, this product is great value for money!

Don't get me wrong, this lip balm makes my lips feel nice but I don't think that it's going to become my holy grail lip balm. I most definitely will buy another one when it runs out because it does soften my lips; just not as good as my Carmex does! I think this lip balm would be perfect for someone who likes a long lasting lip balm to use during the day, likes to apply a good layer of something to condition their lips over night, likes cute packaging and doesn't require a medicated lip product for problematic lips. 

What do you think of the Balmi balms? 

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW


11 comments:

  1. I have the original 'ball' one in the strawberry flavour and I quite like it :)

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're cute balms aren't they? I'm glad I finally picked one up xx

      Delete
  2. im so glad i stumbled across your blog and this post! this lip balm is soo cute Il definitely keep an eye out next time i am in tesco! thanks for this post! id love if you had a lookmat my blog beauty2couture.blogspot.co.uk !

    let me know if you stop by :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you, I'm glad this post helped you! I definitely recommend them, I thought they'd just be a novelty but they're actually really nice balms to use xx

      Delete
  3. Oh that packaging is so cute. I have the old style packaging and the raspberry flavour.
    I use mine all the time and it barely shows at all, I love how much use you get out of it. Plus I'm always so careful to where I put this so I don't lose it, I'm forever losing my lip balm sticks haha.

    I definitely will have to try and get my hands on one of the square ones as well as they're just too cute not to have. :D

    Juyey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, it was the packaging that made me want to try this even more, haha! You really do get a lot of product in this, I was surprised. I shall definitely repurchase at some point xx

      Delete
  4. The packaging is sooo cute and gimmicky! It's a shame the quality isn't there :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that this would just be just that .. a gimmick. However, although this hasn't worked wonders for my lips I wouldn't say it's a poor quality balm. I just happen to have problematic lips and whilst it softened them, it didn't dramatically solve my lip issues. I'd still repurchase, it's a lovely balm for providing the lips with moisture xx

      Delete
  5. I have never tried the balmi balms before, I have been thinking of purchasing a one whilst I was in boots last week. I have read about these before but I haven't read a review. I think I will most definate purchase one of these. Great post :)

    blogger - abbeylovesbeauty1.blogspot.com
    Youtube - youtube.com/abbeylovesbeauty1

    ~ abbey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had always wanted to try one because I was forever seeing YouTube'rs using them in their videos. I'm glad I finally got one. If you live in the UK, I think that they are on offer in Boots at the moment! I'm glad the post helped xx

      Delete
  6. Amazing review :)
    Diana x
    http://fashionfanaticforever2001.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete