Tuesday, 2 July 2013

June Haul - Part 1: New Things

I feel as though I hardly bought anything last month! Usually, I have bought clothes and goodness knows what else but last month I was pretty good and only really picked up a few small items. Of course, some of these things were bought for me because I'm back home from university and I always end up getting pretty spoilt.

My June haul is actually going to be in two parts. This first blog post will show everything new that I bought last month and second blog post (coming after this one) will show everything that I have been given. I was recently helping my nanna sort out her bedroom and we were sorting through some of her gold and cleaning some old bits up. I'm a total Magpie when it comes to gold and diamonds so I was having a good time helping her! She was really generous to me and gave me lots of unused and unworn things so I shall be featuring them soon. If you like diamonds and gold, keep your eyes peeled for my next haul!

Tesco

During my summer away from University, I like to chill out and spend time doing nothing! It's nice to have three months where you can relax, hang out with people and not have to worry about exams, work or deadlines. 
I was in Tesco having a look at the books and came across these two. I have heard a lot about Giovanna Fletcher's book 'Billy and Me' and really wanted to read it. I haven't heard of the Victoria Fox one before but the blurb sold the book to me. When the sun decides to come back out and the weather improves, I shall be reading these two in my garden whilst relaxing. 


Boots

Whenever I need to stock up on anything beauty related, I go to Boots. The one in my hometown isn't as good as the one I usually go to on Oxford Street but it still stocks everything I needed. Last month Boots had some amazing offers on and this is how I picked all of this stuff up.
I picked up two more of my trusty Lee Stafford Argan Oil's (review here) which was on a buy one get one half price offer, some more of my Lee Stafford heat defence sprays which were on a 3 for 2 offer and two No7 blushers. I had a £3 off voucher so they were slightly cheaper than they usually would have been.
Of course I couldn't go into Boots without looking at the other makeup stands. The makeup was on a buy 2 get the 3rd half price offer. My auntie picked up two things but didn't fancy anything else so bought me the new L'Oreal BlackBuster eyeliner that I was looking at. The nib is really big and it actually reminds me of a Sharpie rather than an eyeliner!
'Soft Damson'
 'Cool Pink'

Debenhams

I'm not really a big sales shopper. If I go into a shop and there is a sale on I will have a look but I don't specifically go into town or to a city for the sales; I can't think of anything worse! We happened to be in town getting some bits and bobs for fathers day and we spent quite a long time in Debenhams.
I managed to pick up a two pack of my favourite Lancome mascara 'Hypnose' for £16. This was an absolute bargain as a double pack is usually priced at £32. A few days later we were again in Debenhams looking at the pyjamas and I noticed that there were some Floozie items in the sale. They immediately caught my eye and again were a bargain. They are in fact Chemise nighties but I'm pretty tall and they would be way too revealing to wear without something underneath. There were a few humid nights last month and these tops were super comfortable to sleep in. They're also uber cute!
Finally, last month I decided to get a YSL Sheer Candy in No3 (first impressions post here) and I absolutely loved it! I was completely sold on the Sheer Candys and went back for another one a few days later. I picked up No9 and within a few days of getting that one I went back and got another one which was No4. I have eczema on my lips and I also don't like wearing lipsticks. These lipsticks are more like a lipbalm and are only really sheer, don't stick to any dry patches on the lips and are perfect for me. I have a few more that I would like to get!
 
Left - Right: No3, No9 and No4.

As you can tell from this haul, I was really loving blusher and the YSL Sheer Candy's last month. I was genuinely devastated when I found out that YSL were in fact slowly discontinuing the Sheer Candy line and stores were slowly getting rid of the stock they had left. Just as I found a perfect lipstick, it was being taken away. However, the other day the lovely Jaye from Bed In The Kitchen tweeted me with some good news! She informed me that YSL have now gone against their plans of discontuining their Sheer Candy line and it is staying! 


 I hope that you have all had a wonderful weekend and I shall be back soon with my
up cycled jewellery haul.

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

6 comments:

  1. Those YSL lippies are beauuuuutiful!! I've been using that Lee Stafford Argan oil too, it's pretty good right!
    xx

    www.sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are lush aren't they?! The packaging is to die for, I'm amazed by it. I'm so glad they're no longer being discontinued! I love the Lee Stafford oil, it's amazing. I recommend it to everyone and can't rate it enough! xx

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what you say about the blockbuster I'm some what a eyeliner pro (been perfecting it since I was about 12!) but that one looked impossibly large! Although that doesn't stop me from wanting to buy it LOL! Let me know when you've put a review up if you do at all hun would love to see it in action :)

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wearing eye liner for a long time now. For me it's an essential because I look so young without it! The tip is definitely like a Sharpie marker pen; round, thicker at the bottom and then goes into a finer point at the end. You can use it a few ways. I like it for those quick eyeliner days where I can't be bothered messing around with gel! I shall do a first impressions as soon as possible for you xx

      Delete
  3. I heard about the new superliner from other bloggers, but kind of dismissed it, but you’re convincing me otherwise! I might have to go and check it out now. Great review. Love the blog too! xx
    http://www.heroineinheels.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want to get it because I thought it would be way too thick but the offer definitely persuaded me as we got it for half price! I am pleasantly surprised as you can use it to create a thick or thin line. I shall do a first impressions post as soon as possible! Thank you, I shall check your blog out too xx

      Delete