Friday, 12 July 2013

L'Oreal Super Liner BlackBuster - Review

Over the years I have tried numerous different eyeliners and have tried everything from a Kohl pencil, to liquid liner and then finally to gel liner. I have probably been wearing eyeliner for around 6 years and it is always something I have in my makeup bag. Despite hearing good things about them, I have never tried one of the L'Oreal liquid liners. As you will know if you read my June haul post (here) I picked up this eyeliner in Boots when they had their buy 2 get 3rd half price offer on a while ago.

I'm not really a fan of flicked out eyeliner because I don't think it suits me. Instead I just prefer to have a plain line that follows my natural lash line. Up until around a month ago, I used to wear a line of eyeliner that was slightly thicker but over the past few months I have been suffering with small patches of eczema at the outer corners of my eyes. I know, I probably shouldn't be wearing eyeliner but I just look so young without it and I wanted something that wouldn't be as stubborn to remove as my Maybelline gel liner.


I'm not going to lie, I looked at this eyeliner and dismissed it straight away. It just looks so big that I thought the line it produced would be way too thick for me and how I like to wear my liner. It was actually my auntie would told me to just get it because it would be classed as our third item and would therefore be half price and cost £3 something instead of the usual £6.99. Bargain!

When I first got this liner home and took the lid off, I didn't know how I was going to use it and just put it in my makeup bag. I pulled this out about two weeks ago and I have been wearing it a lot since. The nib of this eyeliner actually really reminds me of a Sharpie marker pen and I find it really easy to use. The nib is nice and wet and I find the liner easy to control. Although the nib is like something you'd expect to see on a marker pen, you can achieve a number of different lines that vary in thickness. The bottom of the nib is more rounded and full which can be used to create a thicker line whereas the top of the nib is more defined and to the point so it perfect at creating much thinner lines.

I have seen a few mixed review of this eyeliner but so far I really like it. I picked it up in Super Black (which I believe is the only colour that is available at the moment) and I find it really easy to apply. On the other side of the packaging, it also says that this liner is a long lasting formula. I haven't had any issues with this eyeliner smudging at the outer corners of my eyes or even smudging to below my lower lash line (a problem a experienced with my Lancome Kohl pencil may years ago) so I have no complaints about how it lasts. Although the liner does have a slight smell it isn't too overpowering and doesn't transfer to the skin. This liner hasn't aggravated my eczema patches and it is much much easier to remove than a gel formula. 

The only slight issue that I have (and the reason for why there are number of negative reviews on this eyeliner) is that the pigmentation isn't wonderful when applied onto the skin. As you can see from the photo above, this liner looks as though it is going to be really black but it isn't. When I first applied it, I was a little disappointed with the colour pay off of this. I like my eyeliner to be a true black and have a glossy finish whereas this provided me with an uneven slightly black colour. However, don't dismiss this eyeliner just yet as I have a solution to this ... Apply a second coat! I find that applying a second coat makes this eyeliner considerably more black and therefore it just looks better close to my lash line. 

Wearing the eyeliner
(apologies for this not being the best picture and for the awful mascara,
my eyelashes weren't doing what I wanted them to and I
took this picture in a rush)



I really like this eyeliner and I find it so much easier to apply when I am in a rush. I find my gel liner takes me ages to apply whereas I just swipe two coats of this and I'm good to go. It lasts all day, it looks nice, it doesn't aggravate my sensitive eyes and it gives a nice colour. I'm glad I picked this up. If you're thinking of picking this up, don't let the size put you off!

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

8 comments:

  1. i've heard great things about this liner! Awesome review, thanks for sharing :)

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seems to be quite a few mixed reviews floating around about this liner but I really like it. So easy to apply when you're in a rush xx

      Delete
  2. Your right it looks like a sharpie haha looks good on tho hun, iv been meaning to try liquid for a while now.

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I seen it, I was like 'this looks like a sharpie' haha! It's a ally nice liquid liner and I find it so much easier to remove than my gel one xx

      Delete
  3. I've been looking for a liner like this! Right now i use MAC fluid line but it takes too long sometimes. Great review! I want to buy this now.

    www.cestunejolievie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the MAC eyeliners, although a lot of people love them! I find this so quick an easy to use, two coats on each eye and you're ready to go xx

      Delete
  4. I’ve wanted to try this for ages after reading about it on other blogs. It sounds brilliant. I’m just have to give in and get it aren’t I? Haha. Love the blog xxx
    http://www.heroineinheels.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always waned to try one of the L'Oreal eyeliners but never picked one up so this was my first! I'm super impressed. I definitely think you're going to have to crack and give this one a try haha. I love it! Thank you xx

      Delete