Friday, 26 July 2013

Sleek Face Form Palette - Review

We are having some amazing weather here in England so I thought this was the perfect time to review an amazing palette that will give you healthy looking sun kissed skin in an instant. It seems that we have all been loving the weather and spending hours in our gardens soaking up the sun. I love it when it's sunny because everyone seems to be in a good mood and the birth of the Royal Baby seems to have added to the good mood that the nation seems to be in recently... Speaking of the royal baby, how cute is Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge?! (or Baby Cambridge as he has became affectionately known by us Brits). I was absolutely hooked to the TV watching all of the media coverage and although I'm not a huge fan of the Royals I absolutely love Prince William and Kate. I think they're marvellous, along with Prince Harry! I just hope that now the media storm surrounding the birth of Prince George will die down and the couple can enjoy raising their first child privately and without feeling as though they're living in a fish bowl!

Anyway, enough of me gushing over how cute the Royal Baby is and back to the actual purpose of this blog post; a review of the Sleek Face Form palette!

Sleek Face Form Palette in Light 373 - £9.99

Swatches!

I'm not going to lie, I have been absolutely loving bronzer recently and the thought of having three face products in the one palette was appealing to me! I am forever having to squish my makeup bag to fit it into my suitcase when travelling to and from London so anything compact is much appreciated by me!

Bronzer: The number one thing a bronzer should be is matte (no one wants a glittery contour going on do they!?) and this Sleek bronzer is in fact matte! When you look at it in the palette it does look a little too dark to be 'light' but it sheers out when it is applied and blended onto the skin. If you're familiar with Hoola by Benefit, this bronzer is just a touch darker than that. Hoola is a rather dark bronzer anyway but pale girls don't worry about using this! A small amount of product, light handed application and lots of blending leave you looking like a contoured sun kissed goddess! 

Highlighter: Again, highlighter is another thing that I have really been getting into these past few months and I think it totally transforms a persons face. I'm becoming such a fan of contouring and this highlighter is lovely. It can be applied in a subtle way or really built up to give a lovely 'glow'. Sometimes, highlighters can contain a little too much glitter or be chunky but this one is wonderful and is rather fine. I really like the effect it gives and I quite like the highlighted look. 

Blusher: There is absolutely nothing wrong with this blusher what so ever; I just don't like the colour! I'm not really into the whole peach/coral blush hype so I most probably won't be using this product (I could have just bought the Sleek Contour Kit that contains only the bronzer and the highlighter but I was looking for that and Superdrug didn't have one as they'd sold out. That's how I ended up noticing this one and buying it!). I'm not 100% sure whether or not the photo is showing this but there are slight gold glitter undertones to this blusher (don't worry these don't know when applied onto the skin it just gives that glowly effect).

All of these three products are lovely to work with and are super blend able. They're pigmented and last well on the skin! They're contained with a small palette that can fit in the palm of your hand and therefore will easily slot into your makeup bag. I love the matte black packaging and it does remind me of the NARS packaging slightly. I don't think this is heavy duty packaging though as I dropped it and it broke so the lid doesn't open and close as it usually would. Also, when I was tapping excess product off of my bronzer brush the blush shattered and a large section of it came away ... Although this is probably my own fault because I was butter fingers and dropped the palette!!

Have you tried the Sleek Face Form palette?



15 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to pick this up! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing. I picked it up on a whim but I'm so glad I did; I love it! xx

      Delete
  2. Haven't tried it but the price is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great price isn't it? Considering you get three products in the palette xx

      Delete
  3. This sleek palette looks lovely I really need to try sleek products!

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first Sleek product I have ever tried and I'm so impressed! The pigmentation of these powders is amazing xx

      Delete
  4. i've never tried this palette before, but i would love to. :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great palette and super compact; great for fitting into your makeup bag xx

      Delete
  5. I have wanted to buy this for ages! It looks great :) x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great little product! I don't think you'll be disappointed with it xx

      Delete
  6. so glad you reviewed this! really wanted to buy it! also just followed you on instragram, mines @gypsywardrobe xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found the review helpful! Thank you for the follow, I followed back xx

      Delete
  7. This is the second time today I've seen this rated highly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a wonderful product :) I used it none stop when I bought it but put it back in my makeup bag for some strange reason! Doing this review just made me want to use it again - I love it! xx

      Delete