Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Summer Loving - Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses

With tomorrow set to be the hottest day of the year, I thought that this was the perfect opportunity to share with you my favourite sunglasses. England has been receiving some glorious sunshine for the past few weeks and tomorrow it's set to get hotter. If you know me then you will know that I absolutely love my designers and sunglasses are no exception! Every time we hit summer, it's the perfect opportunity to get a new pair of stunning shades! I was fortunate to receive these back in April as a congratulations present for getting a new job (you can see a haul post featuring them here) and I have been wearing them ever since. To me they're absolutely perfect and just the style of glasses that I wanted for Summer 2013.


The packaging of these sunglasses is really nice and I love that they came inside a case that was within a box. When you are paying for higher end products, it's nice to have that extra touch. The box and sunglasses case itself are good quality and the case is really sturdy. This case is on is on the larger side of cases (for instance, it's bigger than my Ray Ban case) but this doesn't bother me. It isn't really an issue for me because I carry pretty large handbags (mainly a Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 and a Mulberry Bayswater) but if you prefer to carry a small handbag this case may take up too much room. However, within the Dolce & Gabanna box (pictured above), there is a small black pouch provided that could be used to store your glasses in...but if you're anything like me, you will want them to be well protected inside a hard case. Also, within the sunglasses case itself there is the authenticity card, information and the warranty for the glasses.

I find that these sunglasses are to die for. As soon as I seen them I fell in love and couldn't believe it when I was bought them as a gift. I have wanted to try cat eye shaped sunglasses for so long but worried that they wouldn't suit my face shape. I was over the moon when I tried them on. I find this shape to be very flattering on my face and I feel nice wearing these because they're not extremely cat eye shaped; they're rather subtle. Although the sunglasses have animal print on the sides, they are definitely not hard to wear. I find their black and white design looks super chic and enables you to wear these with absolutely anything. They also remind me of Kourtney Kardashian as she is a big fan of cat eye sunglasses and I love her! These glasses are very Kourtney.




Like most sunglasses, these are made from plastic but do not feel flimsy. The plastic is good quality, thick and does not move or bend in anyway shape or form. These glasses are completely sturdy but of course they should be because they weren't cheap! Although my face isn't huge, it is pretty big and so I don't tend to suit small sunglasses. Luckily for me, these have a large lens and suit my face perfectly. However, someone with a small face may find that they do in fact look like a fly when they wear these!

I also suffer from Migraines and often the sun can trigger them so when my head is sore and my eyes are hurting it's vital that I have a pair of sunglasses on that shield my eyes from the suns harsh rays. As you may be able to see from the picture, the lens of these sunglasses is a gradient and the further up it goes the darker it gets. The lens ranges from a light grey at the bottom to being almost black at the top. Also, in the sunshine it's extremely important that you are wearing a pair of sunglasses than can protect you not only from the light thrown off by the sun but from harmful the rays it gives off. You only get one pair of eyes and should therefore protect them! This pair of sunglasses was listed as being a category 3 which means that it protects from and blocks out everything! Should I want to, whilst wearing these, I can look into the sunlight and I don't have to squint.

I have worn these sunglasses a lot over the past few months and they always look great. I am seriously impressed with Dolce & Gabbana eye wear and I actually own a pair of ordinary glasses from the brand which are also of amazing quality (both glasses and sunglasses were featured in a recent 'Whats in my bag' post here)! These glasses were quite pricey but you definitely get what you pay for. We are planning a family holiday abroad next year and of course that means a new pair of sunglasses! I don't know which ones I will go for yet as summer 2014 is quite a way away but I know I will be taking these with me!

What has been your most worn pair of sunglasses this summer?

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW


No comments:

Post a Comment