Friday, 2 August 2013

July Haul!

Last month seems to have flown by so quickly and I cannot believe that we are in August already! I feel as though the year is flying by and before we know it Christmas will be just around the corner. I'm heading back off to uni this month so a lot of my time will be spent preparing things for making the big move ... AGAIN! I'm trying not to think about it too much because I know that if I do I will just work myself up and get all nervous and in a total fluster about leaving family behind ect...
The weather last month was absolutely gorgeous and although it did get a bit too hot a few times, I enjoyed being able to relax and sit in the garden doing absolutely nothing. I even managed to catch a bit of a tan which is extremely rare for me as I'm so pale I just burn haha! In typical English fashion, people were moaning that it was too hot and then started moaning when we finally got some rain but that's the thing about us Brits...You just cannot keep us happy!

Claire's Accessories 

Admittedly, Claire's Accessories (or is it just called Claire's now?) isn't somewhere I really shop anymore. Back in the day when I was a lot younger and would go to town with my friends we'd spend a stupid amount of time in there looking around every Saturday. I never bought much because I always thought it was a little over priced and to be honest ... I still think that it is, slightly.
The only place I get my hair grips from is Claire's and with the hot weather I was desperate to get one of those headbands that goes right around your head and pulls all of your hair off of your face and neck. These headbands came in a pack of two and were priced at £3.50 (although I paid a little less because I had my NUS Student card with me and could therefore get student discount) and have been an absolute god send. We are planning a family holiday for next year and I know that I will be stocking up on these and wearing them none stop!




Boots

As per usual, I bought a fair few things from Boots last month. Firstly, I stocked up on a few essentials that I love and use all of the time. I love the Simple cleansing facial wipes and the eye makeup remover wipes. I have extremely sensitive eyes and I also have eczema in the outer corners so it's essential that I use something that won't burn or aggravate my skin. These wipes are gentle but are textured enough to remove mascara. The facial wipes are also super soft and work an absolute treat. I have repurchased these two items numerous times and will continue to do so. I love them!



Finally, I made a super exciting purchase from the Boots online store. I have watched so many YouTube videos where online American and Australian gurus talk about their love of Baby Lips or feature them in their daily makeup routine videos. After spending god knows how long wishing these lip balms would come to the UK they did! They arrived sometime last week and I was on the Boots website straight away ordering a few. At first I ended up ordering 12 and when I arrived I ordered a further 6 more. Don't worry, they're not all for me though; they are for myself, my mum and auntie! We all seem to have gone crazy for Baby Lips. My next blog post shall be a first impressions post on these super hyped up balms.


Next 

I seem to have got a lot of things from Next last month. I had a few things to return that I had previously been bought and whilst doing so I thought I would have a look in the sale. That was something that I do not usually do because I just hate sales shopping and especially the Next sale as it just seems to be such a jumble sale, When I do bother to look in sales, I don't usually find anything that I like but this time I seemed to strike lucky. I don't usually go for green items of clothing and this t shirt is the first green thing that I have ever owned but I love the way it looks casual chic with the embellished jewelled neckline. I'm a huge cardigan fan and when I noticed this was in my size I couldn't resist. I just had to have it! 



As I said earlier in this post, I am due to go back to uni at the end of this month (I am having to go back a little earlier for a number of reasons) and therefore I have been getting a few things over the past month. As many students will know who live away from home during term time, you always end up coming home with a list of things you need to take back with you. Number one on my list was bedding as I like to have new bedding every year (new pillows, duvet, bedding, mattress protector, mattress topper ect...). I always end up getting cute bedding for when I'm away from home as I just find it gives a fun and uplifting feel to a room in which you can sometimes feel rather lonely in. 


I have also picked up a few new t shirts from Next but unfortunately, I have been a bad blogger and haven't taken photos of them!

VANS 

After goodness knows how long of deliberating whether or not I wanted to get a pair or would even suit a pair, I have got some VANS! I have to admit that I am usually a Converse girl but I have found that recently they have been really hurting one of toes and they were causing it to blister every time I wore them. I had had enough and decided I was finally going to try VANS. I chose a navy blue pair because I'm super picky; I don't like the coloured ones as they are just not me and I'm not a fan of the black ones. I have worn these a few times and so far I am over the moon with them. They're super comfortable, so far haven't rubbed me (although I assume they'll rub my heel because new shoes always do) and they look great on!


UGG

I will be the first to admit that these flip flops are not the most attractive looking things on the planet. However, they're super comfortable! I really do not know that I have got these on my feet. I can see myself using these as slippers when I back at uni and mooching around the flat. Although these have the fur lining, they are not too hot and are actually really nice to wear because they keep your feel super cool. I like wearing these whilst I am carrying my Mulberry Oak Bayswater (featured in this haul below) because they match well and the Mulberry makes them look more pretty than they actually are...



Debenhams

Whenever I have some points on my Debenhams beauty card, I like to go in and spend them! Last month I had aquired £15 worth and knew what I was going to spend them on ... another YSL Sheer Candy! I have previously done a first impressions post of one here, if you would like to take a look. I suffer from eczema on my lips and this only becomes noticable when I apply a lipstick. The glossy balm like finish of these 'lipsticks' make them perfect for me and they also just give the perfect slight hint of colour which is the look I prefer; rather than wearing a strong lipstick. The best thing is that because of my beauty card points this stunning lip product only cost me £9.50!

Shade No. 2

If you have been reading my blog for a while or follow me on Twitter, then you will probably know that I am a total lip balm junkie. Because of my problematic lips, I don't wear lipsticks so I substitute them for lip balms. Whilst in town with my mum a few weeks ago, I had a look in Debenhams and ended up at the Dior counter. I didn't actually plan to buy anything but in true Elysia fashion ... I ended up coming away with a new lip balm! I have never had a Dior balm and ended up taking the Dior Addict Lip Glow. This is one of those really clever balms that react to everybody's lips in a different way and although it goes on sheer at first it does turn a very subtle pink colour. 


Pandora

I have two Pandora bracelets. One has plain silver charms on and the other is for the charms that are more 'special' and have gold on them. Although I don't wear my Pandora's as much as I used to (I much prefer gold but unfortunately the price of a gold Pandora is extortionate) I still like to collect charms. I am actually allergic to Silver and it seems that Pandora is the only silver that I can wear (although it doesn't turn me green like most silver jewellery has done in the past, I still can't wear it for too long ...) Last month, I was hooked to the media coverage surrounding the Royal Baby and when I discovered that Pandora had brought out a charm commemorating the birth of the Royal Baby I really wanted it - it's really cute!




Mulberry 

Last but not least is my two favourite items from my July haul! I did blog about these two items a while ago when I featured them in my 'New bag reveal' post (which can be seen here) so I'm not going to go into too much detail (and plus I shall probably be reviewing this bag in the near future). 
After drooling over the Mulberry Bayswater for ages and ages, I was finally lucky enough to receive one. I went for the classic Oak colour and I couldn't be more in love with this bag! Since getting it, I have packed my beautiful Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 (you can see a what's in my handbag post here featuring this bag) away in it's dust bag and have used my new Mulberry at every opportunity. I am in love!!


Finally, from Mulberry I received a bright pink iPhone 5 case with I absolutely adore! I chose this colour because it's so bright, I won't loose it in the bottom of my big bags. This phone case (like all other Mulberry products and my bag) smells absolutely amazing. I have done some unboxing videos of my bag and phone case and Instagram so if you want to see those I shall (as always) leave my Instagram name below!


I hope that you have all enjoyed last months Haul and have been making the most of the sunshine!
I shall be back soon with a first impressions post on the super hyped Maybelline
Baby Lips lip balms! 


Twitter: @PurpleElll

Instagram: Elysia_JW

6 comments:

  1. Oh my word...your mulberry is a beaut! and the phone case is so cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) I'm far too in love with them both haha!! xx

      Delete
  2. what an amazing haul!!! i want a mulberry bag too, haha! ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad of enjoyed last months haul :) Mulberry bags are amazing, I'd have one in every colour if I could haha! xx

      Delete
  3. I actually got a few simple wipes there the other day! absolutely love simple products! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing wipes! I absolutely love them. I used to use their proud to years ago but stopped for some reason ... I'm glad I've started using them again! xx

      Delete