Wednesday, 4 September 2013

August Haul!

I cannot believe that we are already in September! August seems to have flown by but I think that was because I was busy preparing for moving back down to London. I apologise for this haul being a few days late but I moved back down on the 31st of August and I spent a bit of time with family fun in London before they headed back home and left me all alone in the big smoke. Okay so that was a bit of an over exaggeration, I'm not 100% alone; I have people down here for me. I also have to go to away for a few nights in a few nights in a few days for some job training which should be fun and a great experience so September looks as though it's going to be a very busy month for me!

A lot of people say to me that my hauls are always really big but that really isn't intentional. I'm from a family that likes to shop and when I'm home I stock up on things I am going to need for when I'm away. When I'm in London, I take advantage of the shops. When you're from a small town in Northern England and you encounter Oxford Street, if you're a shopaholic, you feel as though you have died and gone to shopping heaven. I often find it hilarious but also a huge compliment when I see in my stats that people have typed into their search engine 'London shopping blog', 'shopping blog' or something along those lines. These posts are not meant to be me bragging about what I buy or anything like that. I love interacting with you guys about what we have all been buying and shopping hauls are amongst my favourite things to both read and watch.

Boots

Of course, as soon as they were released here in the UK, I had to pick up the new Maybelline Baby Lips! I was actually online ordering these first thing on the morning they were released (kinda sad I know). Anyway, I shall be reviewing these super hyped lip balms in the near future but until then I have previously posted a quick post sharing my initial thoughts on the Baby Lips. If you would like to, you can read that post here



Elle

I don't normally read this kind of magazine. I'm more into my trashy celebrity gossip ones but I couldn't resist the free gift that came with the latest edition. I have never tried Bumble & Bumble before but have heard amazing things about their products. As soon as I seen that the B&B Thickening Spray was the free gift I was sold. Paying £4 for a decent sized sample of a product that's worth much more is pretty good going.


Superdrug

I have heard so many other beauty bloggers talking about how amazing coconut oil is so I thought that I would finally give it a try. Finally, I picked up this eye roll on from Simple because I have been upping my skincare regime lately. You apply it using the roller ball applicator and it feels really soothing. I shall definitely be reviewing this soon for you all. 




Fragrance Direct

I don't think I need to say much about this site other than it's wonderful. super cheap and just amazing in general. I'm not going to harp on about the things I picked up too much as you can see them in my latest Fragrance Direct haul here and in a NOTD feature here. If you're looking for a beauty or fragrance bargain, check out Fragrance Direct as you could make a huge saving!


This caused some confusion in haul that I have linked above so please note

that I DID NOT get the Nail Envy (3rd from the left) from Fragrance Direct -
they don't sell Nail Envy. The only bottle of Nail Envy I got was in the Miniatures
set that is pictured below. 




Home Bargains

Admittedly, this isn't usually a shop that I go into a lot. It's usually just full of absolute rubbish but for some bizarre reason I decided I would go in. Boy am I glad I did! The amount of bargains I picked up was unreal and I most definitely raided the beauty aisle. I picked up everything from Simple, to Neutrogena to Garnier and the most expensive item came in at a bargain price of £3.99. Who can resist a beauty bargain? I know that I certainly can't. I even went in a second time to make sure I was stocked up. 



Sally's Hair and Beauty

I finally managed to pick up all five of the nail varnishes that are part of the the new OPI Couture De Minnie collection that was released earlier this summer. I didn't actually know that this collection was released, until I randomly found it on Google. As soon as I seen it, I was sold and headed straight to my local Sally's. Unfortunately, the one in my town isn't a very big store and they only stock 3 of each colour which is a little bit pointless because they are always sold out! It took me three separate trips to pick up all of the colours but it was so worth while. The collection is quite simply stunning!




Next

It seems as though I have been shopping at Next one hell of a lot over the past few months. There is just something about Next that I love - I think it's the quality of their clothing. I have been starting to prepare for winter and the items I have picked up are definitely going to be perfect for when it starts getting colder. If there's one thing that's certain about me, whatever the season, cardigans play a huge part of my wardrobe. I can't wait to pair these shirts with one of these chunky cardigans or a nice blue chunky cable knit jumper!




I was a bad blogger and didn't take pictures of these

two cardigans! I have to say, the blue one is much much
thicker than it looks on here. Both the cream and blue one are
really heavy knits and are absolutely lovely! I love them!


Liz Earle

I recently found some brand new and unused muslin cloths that I had stashed away from many many Christmas's ago. I had been bought some Liz Earle products many years ago when I was most probably too young to understand skincare and what the products were even used for. I finally decided that I would take the plunge and try the cult cleanser that is Cleanse & Polish. I opted for the £9.25 50ml pump starter kit that came with the 50ml Cleanse & Polish and one full sized muslin cloth. It's also really nice that with every order you make, Liz Earle send out a free 30ml tube of Cleanse & Polish and a small muslin cloth worth £5.50. I shall most definitely be reviewing this product properly in the near future!


Dunelm Mill

I know that these kind of items are completely love it or hate it but I happen to love it. There's something about a sheep skin rug that I adore. As soon as I came across a big pile of these I went straight over and started stroking them. Of course, I looked a total doughnut but no one noticed my strange moment as a children straight towards them and landed on the rugs stroking them. It was so cute, if not a little strange. I went for the purple one as I felt it would go better in my new room and I am super happy with it. It looks amazing!



Bath and Body Works - eBay

For as long as I can remember, I have been amazed with these American handbag staples. I have watched so so many YouTube videos where people have either been showing what they have picked up from their recent trip to the USA or they have been Americans showing what's in their handbags. The huge range of colours is super appealing and I have gone a little crazy buying these cute mini sanitisers from eBay. I go through hand sanitiser really quickly and although I don't need as many as I actually have picked up I'm 100% not sorry because I love them - haha! I just with B&BW would come to the UK so we can get the amazing deals that they offer in the USA - 5 anti bacs for $5! Amazing! Although sadly they're not this cheap from eBay sellers. 


I hope that you have all had a wonderful August and congratulations to any readers who
picked up their A Level and GCSE results last month and are due to be starting
college/sixth form or university within the next few days!

Twitter: @PurpleElll

Instagram: Elysia_JW

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're amazing! Really happy they're easily available on eBay. Although, B&BW still need to come to the UK haha! xx

      Delete
  2. I love those hand gels! I always get them whenever I visit the USA. Or I just get my mum to get me loads whenever she goes to visit my sister in Chicago (which is like every 6 months). Maybe I should start selling on ebay too! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely addicted to them! They're amazing hand gels to have and they're such fun :) That's so handy to have someone who visits the USA frequently who can get these for you. Plus they're loads cheaper! xx

      Delete
  3. I want everything in this haul! it is all amazing!

    chloebeautyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it :) Last months haul was a bit crazy; oops! xx

      Delete
  4. The babylips look so funky

    Amber
    www.ambermcniff.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're nice balms and super affordable too! xx

      Delete