Friday, 6 September 2013

Charlotte Tilbury - New Brand ALERT!

So as you all know, this week I spent some time in London with family and on Monday we went to Oxford Street. Although we bought no where near as much as we normally did and zoomed around the shops, we had a pretty successful trip. My nanna wanted to go into Selfridges to get some Christmas bits and I'm so glad she did! Of course, visiting Selfridges was the perfect excuse to visit the designer shoe galleries and Christian Louboutin in particular. Just like any other beauty lover, I cant go into Selfridges without visiting the beauty hall.

When walking through the beauty haul and looking around at all of my favourite brands, I noticed a big Charlotte Tilbury section. Of course, I ran straight over. The stand was really really busy because the collection had only launched that day so there were lots of people asking questions and generally looking around. The stands were made even more busy because Charlotte was there herself. It's safe to say that I had a little fan girl moment and said to my mum and auntie 'oh my god, she's here!!'. They looked at me like I was an absolute fool because they had no idea who I was going on about when I said 'it's Charlotte Tilbury. This is HER collection!'


If you're a beauty blogger, you probably know who Charlotte is and know that she has just launched her own collection after planning it for years. The stand was really busy so I didn't bother looking at the makeup as I thought I would check it out online and then go back in store and look at the particular things that interest me. The makeup counters and packaging of the products is gorgeous and has a very vintage look about it. Personally, I think that it looks rather Gatsby; very chic!

The night before going shopping, I noticed that Charlotte tweeted about a makeup bag that she had launched as part of her collection. She gave details saying that the first 30 people who were there and bought one would receive a little pot of her cream 'Charlotte's Magic Cream' and would also be able to get their bag signed by her. I thought that the makeup bags would sell out because the previous one that she launched for charity and had celebrities' lipstick kisses on the back sold out super duper quickly so I was over the moon when one of the lovely sales assistants told me that they still had some left. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the first 30 people to get one because it turns out that people actually queued outside Selfridges to get there first but I'm not bothered because I managed to get the makeup bag I wanted.


The bag is made of canvas and I absolutely love the quote that's on the front of it. I definitely think that the quote is what made me need this makeup bag; it's just so empowering. I love that the other side of the bag has the lipstick kisses on it and the Charlotte Tilbury is a rose gold colour which is really unusual but really really nice. The zipper is gold and is really smooth to do and undo. I also like the fact that this bag opens right up so if you're one of those women who always looses stuff inside her makeup bag and can never find anything this ones for you; you'll never need to faff around again! I think the £15 price tag for this makeup bag is really reasonable.


I cannot believe that when I came out of Selfridges and went onto Twitter, Wayne from GossMakeupArtist had posted a picture of his big massive receipt from all the things he had bought from Charlotte's new line! I'm gutted, I must have just missed him! If you would like to see more detailed swatches on evetything from the collection, you can see some amazing first impressions videos on his channel here. You can also buy the collection online and in store from Selfridges and from charlottetilbury.com

Have you picked anything from this new makeup collection? 

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Award :) More details on my blog http://ipeachycoral.blogspot.pt/!

    xo, Inês

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nomination! However, I have previously done the Liebster award. Thank you for the nomination though, it's still really nice :) xx

      Delete