Thursday, 10 October 2013

Marie Claire Magazine - November 2013

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you all and say that Marie Claire isn't usually the kind of magazine that I go for. I've said it once and I will say it again - trashy celebrity magazines appeal to me A LOT. They're just so easy to read and lets face it who doesn't like to know what's happening in the world of the A List!?

When a magazine has an awesome freebie, I cannot refuse it and the arrival of Marie Claire to my bedside definitely cheered me up! I know that a lot of bloggers love L'Occitane and their hand cream is raved about by virtually everyone but when I tried it in store I just wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be. However, when Marie Claire were offering it as a freebie with their magazine I think it's safe to say that I had to get my hands on it somehow!

With the November issue of Marie Claire, you get one of four L'Occitane hand creams. The creams that you can pick from are the Original, Passionate Jasmine, Rose Tenderness and Subtle Violet. The tubes are all generous 30ml sizes and considering the magazine costs only £3.90 and the hand cream itself retails for around £8; I think this freebie is an absolute bargain. This deal definitely isn't to be missed by beauty fanatics and those who are wanting to try the hand cream out for the first time. Even if you're already a fan of the cream, this freebie is the perfect size to carry around with you in your handbag! 


As you can see, I have the Original and the Rose Tenderness creams. I wanted to try the Original because it is coveted by so many people within the beauty community and the Rose one just looked to cute to resist. It's pink and the lid is even shaped into a little flower! I shall definitely be reviewing both of these items in the future.
Will you be picking up the November issue of Marie Claire or have you
already been and bought it?

  Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW


I have also announced the winner of my 1 year of blogging giveaway today and the lucky winner of the trial size Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and the limited edition Paint The Town Vaseline is the lovely Jaye from BedintheKitchen. If you would like to take a look at the blog post showing all the details of the giveaway and the winner, you can find it here.

5 comments:

  1. So excited to get this, the only and last time a bought Marie Claire was when they had the L'Occitane handcreams about a year ago so thanks for posting this :)
    styleandbeautyforless.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all! There are so many magazines out there it's hard to keep track of when one is offering an awesome freebie. I have gone a little crazy and bought all 4, oops haha!! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Elysia! Lovely post, made me smile! I went absolutely crazy and got 4 magazines! I've been a big L'occitane fan for ages now :)

    Dash xx
    http://www.mode-lily.com/2013/10/Loccitane-Shea-Butter-Hand-Creams.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it useful! I initially bought just 2 but then thought the freebie was so good that I needed to go and get the other 2! xx

      Delete
  3. Hi
    Great offer will try & see if someone can get it for me am housebound. Hate missing these fab freebie deals So wanted to try the philip kingsley but could not.

    ReplyDelete