Thursday, 17 October 2013

Maybelline 'Mega Plush' Mascara - Review

If there is one brand that seems to be excelling at mascaras at the moment, it's Maybelline. It seems that everytime I walk into Boots or Superdrug they have brought out a new mascara claiming to do something their last one didn't. I have been pretty clear with what I thought about 'The Rocket' and to be brutally honest I think it was absolutely appalling. You can read my full review hereI soon forgot about the tragedy that is the Rocket, when I walked into Boots and noticed that they had just that day released 'Mega Plush'. I picked this up a few months ago when it was on offer for £5.99 instead of its usual retail price of £7.99.

The packaging of this mascara really appeals to me. I love the contrast of the turquoise against the fuchsia. The colours really pop and catch your eye amongst all of the other drug store mascara offerings and the bright packaging makes this super easy to find when it's lying at the bottom of your makeup bag.



One of the main requirements when it comes to a mascara is that the wand is not plastic. I have a made an exception when it comes to Benefits 'They're Real' here but that's it. The brush on this mascara is really fat and the bristles are evenly spaced which gives a wonderful fanned out effect to the eyelashes. As you all know, I hate spider eyelashes and won't use any mascara that I feels gives me them. With this being said, I am pleased to report that this mascara doesn't make your lashes clump together and really does make them look 'mega plush'.


'Mega Plush' claims to instantly give your lashes full volume without making them feel brittle or flaky and I can definitely agree. I have rather long lashes naturally and I like to take advantage of them. My lashes have quite a lot of volume and naturally hold their curl really well; this mascara works really well with them. However, this mascara also works great with my eyelashes when I have curled them and I most definitely feel as though it gives me an amazing false lash effect. I have had a few compliments, when wearing this mascara. 

Excuse the eyebrows, I need to do them!

When I seen this mascara was created with a gel mousse formula, I expected that it would be really hard to take off but it isn't. This mascara comes off super easily with either my Simple eye makeup remover, a normal makeup wipe or my Liz Earle 'Cleanse & Polish'. Although this mascara isn't difficult to remove, it lasts on the lashes extremely well and doesn't smudge all over to give you panda eyes. I was actually wearing this mascara when my family brought me back down to London and I can most definitely confirm that it passes the 'tear test' with flying colours. It didn't move an inch!

I absolutely love this mascara and I would definitely recommend it to anyone that is looking for a volumising mascara that bulks your lashes out, lasts all day, is a true black in colour and gives you a perfectly fanned out false lash effect. 


Twitter: @PurpleElll

Instagram: Elysia_JW

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really good, great review, I am really tempted to buy it, on the lookout for a new mascara. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I absolutely love this mascara and I didn't expect to so I was pleasantly surprised xx

      Delete
  2. Great review! I've been hearing so many positive things about this mascara which really makes me want to try it but I haven't ever been a fan of Maybelline mascaras so we will see :P

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'm glad you enjoyed it! To be honest, I usually go for high end mascaras and I just bought this one on a whim when I didn't really need a new mascara. I'm very happy with it though - its great! xx

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to try this - a girl I work with wears it and her lashes always look phenomenally long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great affordable mascara and the brush is massive which I love! I'm not a fan of plastic brushes or combs and it's something a lot of mascaras have at the moment which is annoying haha xx

      Delete