Sunday, 27 October 2013

Origins Super Spot Remover - First Impressions

A few weeks ago, I noticed on Twitter that Origins were offering some amazing bonus freebies, when you bought anything from their skincare offerings. I had never used Origins before but had always heard amazing things about the brand from other Bloggers and YouTube'rs.

I was going through a tricky time where I had a pesky breakout that wouldn't go. No matter what I did to it, it wouldn't budge. I think it was partly hormonal and partly stress related as I'm someone who never usually suffers from troublesome spots. I was getting really annoyed about the spots and they were making me feel really self conscious so I decided I would take advantage of Origins awesome freebies and place an order for their Super Spot Remover.

Usually before I buy a new product, I have a look a few reviews some other bloggers have written. However, this time I did things backwards and instead I looked at the reviews after placing my order. I had never used anything from Origins before and a lot of bloggers were saying that the product is absolutely tiny, some experienced a slight burning/stinging sensation when they applied and gel and some people claimed the product did nothing to help heal or reduce their blemishes. I have to admit, I wasn't looking forward to using the product based on the fact that people had reported it stung slightly but that's just because I'm a wimp!




When my Super Spot Remover arrived, I got to work photographing it and then it was straight on my face. I am so glad that I took the risk and just ordered this without knowing much about it because the gamble definitely paid off. Every time I notice something appearing, I pop a layer of this stuff on right away and it gets to work. I absolutely love it and I think this will be clear from my first impressions below...

Although I have only used this product a couple of times, I feel I am able to form some initial opinions upon it and so far so good ...

-Yes, the bottle is very small and you do only get 10ml of product. However, you only need a tiny amount on each individial blemish/problem area so this bottle will last you a while.

- The product has a strong smell of Witch-hazel. Personally, I don't find this a bad thing. I find it a reassuring smell and feel as though it's a spot treatment that it actually going to do something.

- The Super Spot Remover is currently priced at £14, here in the UK. Yes, that is considerably more expensive than something such as a spot stick you can pick up from your local Boots or Superdrug but due to this product being of a higher concentration you don't need to use as much; which means it will last longer.

- The bottle is tiny and the packaging is really cute. It doesn't scream SPOT TREATMENT quite as much as some other products do.

- The little bottle is squeezable. This means that you can squeeze a small amount of product out and there is no pouring required - meaning you don't get much product wastage.

- The treatment is designed to reduce the redness and swelling that spots cause as well as aiming to help them heal quicker and more effectively than if you just left them to do so naturally. I have to admit that I do think this product works and definitely stops pesky stops becoming really nasty and unsightly if you apply the treatment straight away.

- The bottle containing the product is plastic which means that it can be taken any where with you and you won't have to worry about it smashing!

- When first applied, the product is of a gel consistency and is very easy to spread around infected areas. However, when the product starts to dry it gives the feeling of tightening the skin and I have to admit I feel as though I've had Botox or something. I have never had Botox, but if I did, I imagine it would feel like the Super Spot Remover does once dry. Although I have to point out that I don't find this sensation to be awful in anyway and it doesn't put me off using the product.

- You do experience a slight sensation when this product is applied. I wouldn't go as far as saying that it was a stinging/burning feeling (unless your spot is open/bleeding - then this would sting!) but it definitely tingles. Again, I don't find this to be a bad thing as I like this feeling. It feels as though it is getting to work fighting the spot and reducing the discomfort pesky spots can cause.

- I don't think this product would be an ideal spot treatment to use before applying your makeup. When the product dries, it can be a little flaky.Although this isn't a big issue when you're bare faced, if you were to apply makeup on top it might look a bit bizarre. If I'm staying home all day I like to pop on a good layer when I wake up and then again in the evening. However, if I have been out I just put a good layer on before bed and let it get to work over night.

As well as it's wonderful spot reducing and fighting power, this product is also formulated without Parabens, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PABA, Petrolatum, Paraffin, DEA, Synthetic Colour, Synthetic Fragrance and Animal Ingredients. As well as being free from all of these chemical nasties, this product is also not tested on animals, Rather than test on some poor unsuspecting animal, Origins have tested this product on a panel of willing volunteers - people!


I absolutely love this product and I shall definitely be purchasing another bottle
when I need to! Have you ever tried the Origins Super Spot Remover? 

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

2 comments:

  1. I really like this product too, I feel like blemishes do go faster when I pop this on before bed! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it too, as you were probably able to tell from the post haha! I agree, this really does help blemishes; especially when applied over night! xx

    ReplyDelete