Saturday, 30 November 2013

L'Occitane 'Original' Dry Skin Hand Cream - Review



Until a few months ago I had never tried any L'Occitane hand creams, despite reeeeally wanting to! Basically, at the beginning of September I was shopping with family in Covent Garden and when I noticed the L'Occitane shop I immediately ran in searching for their Original Hand Cream. To cut a long story short, I went into the shop looking for a tester because I wanted to test the cream before I bought it but I left empty handed. Despite only applying a pea sized amount, I was left with greasy sticky feeling hands and it drove me crazy. My hands not only looked greasy but they felt greasy. Both my mum and auntie commented asking where had I been and what had I done to my hands, it was that bad. I don't know what had happened to the tester but I wasn't impressed and to be honest it put me off wanting to try or even use any L'Occitane hand creams in the future. I was gutted.

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you may have noticed in October that I did a post all about Marie Claire and the awesome L'Occitane freebie they were offering. You can read that post hereFor £3.90 (which is how much the magazine cost to buy) you received a 30ml hand cream that would usually cost you £8 to buy. Despite my bad experience with the L'Occitane tester in Covent Garden I decided that for £3.90 this offer was too good to miss and I decided to pick up all 4 of the available creams.

I have never really been into hand creams but this one has me hooked. I don't really feel the need to use it throughout the day but I use it without fail every single night and I have been doing so for around 2/3 weeks now. I apply a generous pea sized amount to my hands and I even make sure the cream is rubbed into the skin around the edges of my nails. Rather than getting dry hands, the skin around this area tends to get dry and it just looks unsightly.

A picture of L'Occitane Original Dry Skin hand cream

As you can see from the picture above, the cream is thick in consistency, has no colour and looks a little bit like toothpaste - well I think it does anyway. Although the cream is rich it is not overly greasy, contains 20% Shea Butter which helps to nourish, moisturise and soothe. I am one of those people who cannot stand having sticky hands and I am pleased to report to you all that this hand cream leaves no sticky residue. The only minor niggle that some people may have with this hand cream is the smell of it. If you have ever smelt the YSL perfume that's in the cylinder bottle and has blue and black horizontal stripes on it (I don't know what it's called but it doesn't smell good and it's very old school gran smelling) this cream smells exactly like that; just not as strong! At first I have to admit that smelt this cream and wasn't impressed but it's something I have gotten used to. When something is great and really works you don't mind as much about the smell.

A blob of L'Occitane Original Dry Skin hand cream

I absolutely love this hand cream and I am definitely putting my bad experience with the large tube behind me. Although I am left wondering as to why the large tube left my hands like an oil slick and the small tube is the polar opposite? Maybe it was just a confidence? This tube us only 30ml and is therefore perfect for popping in your handbag and using on the go. When I picked up the four hand creams last month I made sure that I bought 2 of the 'Original' formula that's aimed at dry hands so I have a back up editing for me when this tube is finished! I shall also be keeping my eye open during the Christmas/boxing day/new year sales to see whether or not L'Occitane has these handbag friendly tubes in the sale!

What do you think of the Original L'Occitane hand cream, have you ever
used it before? 

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

4 comments:

  1. My mum completely adores this, beyond obsessed! Lovely review, shame I hate the feel of hand cream though!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely hate hand cream but for some reason I love this! I'm weird about things on my hand but this is wonderful! It's just a shame that it smells like old school granny YSL hahah!! xx

      Delete
  2. That's a great product! Nice blog you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely hand cream. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it xx

      Delete