Saturday, 16 November 2013

Moroccan Oil - First Impressions

Quick note: Sorry I seem to have been a little MIA recently. I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth, don't worry. I have been having a few technical difficulties but they're all sorted now and I shall get back to my usual blogging schedule and let you read all about the wonderful Moroccan Oil... xx

Unless you have been living under a rock for goodness knows how long, I'm pretty sure that you are aware of the hype that is surrounding hair oils. Some would say that using a hair oil is an unnecessary step in a persons hair care routine but I personally beg to differ. I cannot recommend hair oils enough! Whenever a friend mentions or someone Tweets about a hair related issue I'm always there recommending a hair oil. Long gone are my days of fearing to use a hair oil in case I ended up with 'chip pan hair'!

For the longest time ever I have been reading about Moroccan Oil and it's so called amazing'ness. I have always been a little reluctant to try the product out because it is pretty expensive. However, after experiencing first hand the benefits of using a hair oil I snapped up a bottle as soon as I got paid. I picked up this 25ml bottle from FeelUnique and it was priced at £13.45.



I have been using this product for around 3 weeks now and although I haven't been using it long enough to tell you all about the long term benefits I am able to tell you about the ones I have experienced so far...

- This product is fairly expensive. The 25ml bottle that I picked up was £13.45 and a 100ml bottle is priced at £31.85. However, it's going to last you a long time!

- You only need the smallest amount of product to apply to the mid lengths and ends of your hair.

- Moroccan Oil is really rich and can be a little too heavy for some people. If you have very fine hair or feel like the oil is weighing your hair down there is always Moroccan Light Oil which isn't as heavy.

-  The Oil feels very thick and luxurious. When applied to your hair is tames any fly away hairs that you may have and leaves everything looking nourished.

- This Oil makes your hair look wonderfully shiny. You could step out of the shower, dry off, put some clothes on, pop some Moroccan Oil through the ends of your hair and go out. This Oil definitely keeps everything nourished and tamed.

- The bottle is glass and therefore may not be ideal for carrying around with you on the go as if it smashes you're going to be out of pocket and have a thick mess waiting for you to try and clean up.

- Moroccan Oil is the Oil that sparked the hair oil craze - it is the original!

- Despite the packaging not being entirely travel friendly, I think it feels extremely luxurious. Considering this bottle is only 25ml and is therefore fairly small, the glass bottle feels rather heavy and definitely doesn't feel cheap or like it will break easily.

- Moroccan Oil can be used on all hair types and is also formulated without the use of alcohol. It can be used on either wet or dry hair so it is really up to you how you use it.

- This hair oil is most definitely a luxury. Of course, you can get away with using a hair oil that is a lot more affordable (I'd say that both Moroccan Oil is up there with the most expensive hair oils) but if you're looking for a once in a while hair care splurge this is the product to go for!

- Even though this is a tiny bottle, I wish it came with a little pump. I have a love hate relationship with the design of this bottle! On the one hand, I like the fact that there is no pump because it makes the bottle significantly more compact and perfect for travelling. However, I feel as though I waste too much product. When you have a pump you can easily calculate your usage (eg knowing you need 1/2, 1 pump or ever 2 pumps) and I wish I was able to with this bottle.

- The oil itself is an orange/brown colour but this doesn't transfer onto the hair in anyway.

- Another thing I can't quite get over is the way this oil smells. I really don't like the smell of Moroccan Oil and the first time I used it I can quite clearly remember thinking to myself *Oh god, this STINKS!!*. Is the smell enough to put me off of using this oil? NO! You need such a small amount of this oil that it would never make your hair smell really strongly of the scent and I have never been able to smell the scent of the oil on my pillow the morning after going to bed with wet hair so that's a massive plus point! With this oil, I have the let the smell of it slide because it's amazing!

I think it's exceptionally clear that I absolutely love this Moroccan Oil and I am such a fan that I will be
purchasing a much bigger bottle of it when this 25ml one eventually runs out. I can actually remember seeing a bottle somewhere that did in fact come with a pump so I think I will track that bottle down when the time comes. As I said, many people love the smell of Moroccan Oil but I just can't love it at the moment. Maybe once I have been using this product for a little while longer the smell will grow on me. However, since I have been using this oil my hair has felt absolutely amazing! I have heard a few bloggers say that they have experienced hair growth whilst using this oil! I experienced hair growth whilst using my Lee Stafford Argan Oil (Review here) so hopefully I do with this Moroccan Oil!


Which is your most loved hair oil?
Have you ever used Moroccan Oil? 

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's great! Unfortunately, I only have a few more uses left and this will run out :( I need to get a new bottle in the New Year when Christmas is over with and I have money again haha! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm quite addicted to Moroccan Oil, its worked wonders on my hair. Although I use Aldi's version which is £4!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people swear by Moroccan Oil and that it has made their grow but I have teasing it long enough to see any long term effects and my little bottle is running out :( Im definitely going to get a big bottle though! A £4 version sounds a bargain!! xx

      Delete