Friday, 8 November 2013

Products I Have Used Up #1

This is the first ever 'Products I Have Used Up' post that I done here on the Little Beauty Blogg and to be honest I am quite excited about it! I love reading these kind of posts because they're a great way to see what people within the beauty community have been using, what they think of the product and whether or not they would repurchase. I always think of these kind of posts as being mini reviews - summing up a product in a few sentences and getting down to the bit everyone is desperate to know ... to repurchase or not?

I don't have any used up makeup products to share with you all this month but I do seem to have gathered a good mixture of things. It seems as though I have been using up a lot of shower things and to be perfectly honest I think that this is what I go through the most. I seem to be forever buying shampoo and conditioner but lets face it what girl doesn't? 

Smellies...


Vera Wang 'Princess Night' - First of all, can we just take a moment to appreciate this amazing bottle? Purple + glitter = a hell yes from me! The bottle isn't the only thing that makes me love this perfume, however. The fragrance is considerably heavier than the original 'Princess'. This perfume is rather sweet but I think it smells really sexy. One key thing I like a perfume to have is good staying power and this one certainly does. This is the kind of perfume that you can spray onto an item of clothing and still smell it the day later. Wonderful!
would I repurchase? YES and this is on my Christmas list!

Sure Long Lasting Protection 'Radiant' - I am really fussy when it comes to deodorant. I have a few requirements: it doesn't irritate under my arms, it smells all day, it stops me from smelling or feeling sweaty, it doesn't cause any awful white marks and it smells nice. Pretty hefty requirements which I am pleased to say this one fulfils. This is the biggest size available and it lasts a while. The deodorant doesn't cost too much, it lasts all day making me feel confident and it doesn't have that dry powdery typical deodorant smell.
Would I repurchase? YES. I have repurchased this numerous times and it is something I will continue to use.

Skincare...


Liz Earle 'Cleanse & Polish' - This is one of those beauty products that every blogger and beauty junkie alike seem to love. Is it worth the hype? I would say so. It quickly and effectively removes makeup leaving your skin cleansed, clear of all the gunk that may have filled your pores during the day, quickly and effectively breaks makeup down and most importantly is gentle enough to be used on sensitive skin. First impressions post on Cleanse & Polish can be found here.
Would I Repurchase? YES and I already have done. 

Origins 'Clear Improvement' - This is a clay mask and therefore has the novelty of making your face feel all hard and stiff when it has dried. One thing this product isn't though is a gimmick. After I have used this, I genuinely feel as though my skin looks and feels clean. This mask leaves the skin looking healthy, clean and glowing. As with all Origins products, this mask is not tested on animals and is free from any nasty chemicals.
Would I Repurchase? Yes and I already have done. I love this mask!

Handbag Essentials...


Carex 'Protect + Plus' hand gel - Hand gel is something I have to have in my handbag. This hand gel leaves your hands feeling clean, doesn't have an offensive overly alcoholic smell and doesn't leave the hands feeling sticky or gunky after use. This gel is perfect for on the go use and a little goes a long way. This hand gel also does not feel harsh or drying on the hands and therefore causes no irritation. 
Would I Repurchase? YES, when I am looking for a new hand gel or notice this one on offer somewhere.

Bath & BodyWorks 'Purple Amethyst' Pocket Bac - If you're a B&BW or hand sanitiser fan, you will probably know that these tiny 29ml hand gels come in a wide range of texture and smells. This one is Purple Amethyst and of course was purple in colour. The gel did smell considerably more alcoholic than the previously mentioned Carex gel but I didn't mind too much. Despite smelling slightly alcoholic, the gel smelt of berries which I liked. It also left your hands feeling clean, refreshed and most importantly didn't leave a sticky/gunky residue on the hands. The only slight niggle that some people might have with this product is that it contains small fragments of glitter and when you rub the gel into your hands the glitter disperses around. It doesn't cause any irritation but may annoy some. Personally, I didn't mind it.
Would I Repurchase? YES but not right now. I have a fair few Pocket Bacs so don't need another one at the moment. However, this one is down on my 'like' list and I will buy it again when I need to restock. You can see my other Pocket Bacs here, in a recent Pocket Bac eBay haul I did!

Hair Care/Shower Essentials...





Sanex Zero% Sensitive Skin Shower Gel - Due to suffering from Eczema, I find that a lot of shower gels irritate my skin. I have never been able to use fancy bath/shower products because not only is my skin Eczema prone it's also sensitive. Sanex Zero% is formulated with 0% Fragrance, 0% Parabens, 0% Colourants, 0% Phthalates and 0% Phenoxyethanol. This means that the shower gel contains so nasty chemicals and is kind to sensitive skin meaning it doesn't and won't irritate it. I have used this shower gel for a while and have never experienced any problems. The gel lathers up nicely which means you feel nice and clean, is clear in colour, has little/no smell and doesn't look like a boring sensitive skin product. 
Would I Repurchase? YES and I already have done. 

Lee Stafford 'Treatment For Hair That Never Grows Past A Certain Length - Longest hair treatment name ever!? Basically this product is designed to nourish the roots of the hair and keep them in optimum condition which should in turn help your hair to grow healthier and as a result quicker. You won't use this treatment, go to bed and wake up looking like Repunzel but you will be left with hair that feels softer, fluffier, stronger and looks healthier. This product doesn't leave your hair feeling or looking greasy whatsoever, despite having to use a conditioner after washing this treatment out.
Would I Repurchase? YES although I don't need to just yet. I picked up 3 tubs of this treatment when it was on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots so I don't need any just yet but when I run out ... I'll be running for some more!

Toni&Guy 'Cleanse Shampoo' and 'Nourish Conditioner' for damaged hair - As the title suggests this shampoo and conditioner is aimed at those with damaged hair. I bought this almost a year ago when my hair was in need of a serious pick me up and I have used it ever since. The shampoo lathers up well and leaves your hair feeling clean, whilst the conditioner leaves your hair feeling nourished (as the name would suggest), soft and in great condition. The shampoo goes a long way and gives you a really good wash whilst the conditioner is rather thick but doesn't leave your hair looking greasy. Both of these products smell amazing and if you're a fan of hair salons (I mean those fancy ones where you get pampered - not just a quick cut and volla) you will love these. I love being pampered in a hair salon so using this range always makes me (and my hair) very happy. Also, you don't have to have damaged hair to use this range! I prefer to use it because I feel as though it nourishes my hair nicely and leaves it feeling amazing - just what every girl wants!
Would I Repurchase? YES! I always have a back up supply of this shampoo and conditioner. 

Toni&Guy 'Nourish Reconstruction Mask' for damaged hair - Again, this is another amazing product from Toni&Guy's damaged hair range. Like with the shampoo and conditioner, you don't have to have damaged hair to use it! I have used this for nearly a year now and it's wonderful. I always use this in line with a shower cap and I either put some in my hair from roots-ends, pop the shower cap on and leave it on whilst I'm washing myself in the shower or I put some in my hair from roots-ends, pop on the shower cap and leave it on my hair for between 30 minutes to an hour. This mask doesn't leave your hair feeling or looking greasy, it improves the overall look of your hair, leaves your hair feeling soft, more manageable and most importantly nourished. This is why I love using a deep conditioner/treatment/mask aimed at damaged hair - it leaves undamaged hair feeling wonderful and silky soft. When I use this, I see visible results!
Would I Repurchase? YES and I would recommend this to anyone who either has damaged hair or doesn't and is just wanting to give their hair a bit of a pamper and an added boost! Along with my Toni&Guy Shampoo and Conditioner, I always have to have a spare tub of this waiting just in case I run out!  

Randoms...


Boots Multivitamins with Iron - These vitamins aren't anything special, they're just Boots own brand. I was made to take vitamins as a child but as soon as I decided I didn't want to take them anymore I didn't! In January, I unfortunately got Pneumonia and was really poorly for a long time. Family intervened with my non vitamin ways and made me take these ones. They're a Multivitamin so have a bit of everything within them and of course the iron is good for someone who finds they're too tired. Due to containing Iron, they don't smell wonderful but don't worry they don't taste awful. I have issues with swallowing tablets but these are fine because they're coated like Smarties and aren't too big. Like any vitamin they take any vitamin they take a while to get into your body and start working but I honestly believe they're doing some good. 
Would I Repurchase? YES but I don't need any right now because they always seem to be on 3 for 2 offer in Boots so I stocked up before coming back to uni. I think these work so would definitely re buy and I will continue to do so ... Plus, if I stop taking them my mum won't be happy haha!!

Starbucks Sugar-Free Spearmint Flavour Mints - My friend offered me one of these in a tutorial and ever since I have been hooked! I picked up a tin not so long ago and now they have all gone - oops! Don't worry, I didn't eat them all at once! It says on the back of the tin that excessive consupmtion can have a laxitive like affect - awkward These mints taste amazing and are a nice little treat to have in your handbag! The tin is also really nice and the fact that they're sugar free is awesome! They're a really smooth mint, not too Spearmint'y and in general and just amazing; I love them!
Would I Repurchase? YES, next time I can be bothered to go into Starbucks and stock up.

Well that's all of the 'empties' that I have to show you for now ! I would love to know what you all
thought of my first ever post of this kind - whether or not you liked it and would like me to continue
collecting the things I have used up to show you all...

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

6 comments:

  1. I think the post was nice :)


    http://le-style-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vera wang perfume sounds gorgeous, I will look out for it in the after christmas sales x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lush! I love the Vera Wang fragrances, I have quite a collection xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I agree and I definitely won't be throwing this away! It's purple and glittery - an automatic keeper! xx

      Delete