Friday, 27 December 2013

Skinetica - Review

First of all, I would like to wish you all a big but ever so slightly late Merry Christmas!! Did everyone enjoy the festivities? I hope that you were all spoilt rotten; I know all of my family were! Within the past week or so, there have been some very sad events that have occurred but we have tried to make the most of it. Christmas is always m favourite time of the year and everyone in my house is like a big kid! I love the surprise of opening presents and this year I got some wonderful ones. I welcomed quite a few new bottles of perfume into my ever growing collection. Yes, when it comes to perfume I may have a slight issue. Last year, I did a Christmas haul because people requested it and I was wondering whether or not people would like me to do another one this year? I look forward to reading everyone else's hauls; I love seeing what people got for Christmas!!

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Skinetica asking me whether or not I would like to try a sample of their product. I was going through a bad patch with my skin so I jumped at the opportunity and the following weekend my samples arrived. They couldn't have come at a better time!

For those who aren't really sure what Skinetica is, it's a spot treatment that is described as being an anti-blemish treatment and a super toner. The product claims to soothe, calm and clear the skin. As well as being non greasy, containing no harsh chemicals, being kind to the skin, not staining the skin and being fast acting, it is also dermatologically tested. Sounds amazing right? 

Skinetica

Skinetica* is really easy to use and takes seconds to apply. It's best to put some of the product onto a cotton pad, apply it to skin that is clean and dry. Also make sure that you have thoroughly covered the affected area. It is also best to make sure that the area is wet and has been coated well with the product and is relatively wet, for best results. The liquid is clear, takes seconds to air dry and can be applied to anywhere on the body that may be prone to a breakout of spots - the face, back or chest in particular. 

In the past when I looked at reviews of this I noticed some people saying that they found Skinetica to be drying on their skin because it contains high levels of alcohol. Due to having sensitive skin that can become easily sore and uncomfortable, I was worried in case I experienced this. However, I am pleased to report that I have felt no side effects from using this product and it has actually helped my skin out. 

I have been using this spot/acne treatment for a few weeks now so I definitely feel as though I can provide you all with an honest review. Skinetica is affordable, can be used on a range of different areas and does not aggravate the skin. After application, I feel as though my skin feels soft and like the product has fully absorbed. My skin doesn't look red, it doesn't look like I have just applied a spot treatment and Skinetica can be used all over the face (apart from the eyes, obviously!). I was a little worried that because of the high alcohol content my skin would end up feeling like it had been stripped of its moisture but this definitely is not the case. 

As I have said, Skinetica does contain quite a lot of alcohol but this is only because there are no nasty chemicals contained within the ingredients. The product contains no harsh chemicals such as Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid. Don't worry though, this product doesn't have an offensive smell and instead of smelling super flammable it smells light and fresh. I actually really like the smell. 

I like to apply this product morning and night and I really feel it working. Within 3 or 4 days my pesky break out was reduced and didn't look as angry. You can also use this product under your makeup - just let it properly air dry and it will act a primer! I have almost used up half of the big bottle and once I am all out, I will definitely be buying another bottle. The 80ml bottle that Richard kindly sent me costs £9.99* and when you take into consideration how affordable, effective and kind to the skin Skinetica is I think this is a must have product to battle any breakout; whether it be acne or hormonal!

Have you ever tried Skinetica before?

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

*c/o Skinetica
Product sent in consideration for review.

4 comments:

  1. Would love to see what you got for christmas :)
    Laura x
    Shimmerofpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Christmas Haul was is my 2nd most recent post - a little late but it's there if people would like to see it xx

      Delete
  2. I had a sample of this from a beauty box a while ago and I like it but I rarely get spots x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely get spots at all but I had a reaction to Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish and it made my skin go absolutely crazy! Thankfully it's back to it's normal state and has been for a while now but Skinetica definitely helped. Even if you suffer from the occasional very rare breakout - this stuff is good xx

      Delete