Tuesday, 17 December 2013

The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter - Review

My last two posts have all been reviews of some products from The Body Shop and this post is going to be my final one. I did intend to post all three of these features within the past week but unfortunately we're going through somewhat of a family tragedy and therefore blogging has been the last thing on my mind. If I'm slow with posting new features or, don't seem very active on Twitter or don't Instagram anything for a few days I apologise. I'm not taking a break from blogging or anything, it's just that what is happening is taking up a lot of time. I don't want to go into detail about it because that seems a little insensitive and unfair on other family members but this is a very hard time - emotionally and physically. I thought you all deserved to know that I'm not deserting my blog!

This body butter is definitely something that reminds me of my mum a few years ago. I remember when she was obsessed with The Body Shop butters and she had loads of different ones that she would put on after the bath. The worst one she had was the Satsuma one and the best one was definitely the strawberry! She no longer uses these anymore so I guess smelling this Strawberry body butter was pretty nostalgic.

I really like the packaging of this product and the fact that it is plastic is a huge bonus. Of course, I like the look of the big heavy glass body butters (I'm looking at you, Laura Mercier) and they look absolutely gorgeous but they seem so impractical for storing in the bathroom or taking on your travels. I'd be terrified of smashing it! This plastic tub with a screw on/off lid makes it super easy to use and you can take it anywhere with you without needing to worry about it smashing. I also like the fact that the tub is red and has a picture of a strawberry on top. Just incase you didn't already know what scent body butter you were using, this one makes it blatantly obvious. If you have a collection of body butter for The Body Shop, I'm sure that you will easily be able to spot this one! The fragrance of this also happens to be amazing! As soon as you take the screw lid off, you instantly smell this body butter and want to put some on. If you're a fan of the strawberry scent, you'll definitely love this one.


This moisturising butter is rather thick in consistency, claims to moisturise the skin for 24 hours and is great for normal to dry skin. The Body Shop 'Strawberry Body Butter'* is made using cold-pressed Strawberry seed oil and this is what gives it that wonderful smell. The butter soaks into the skin quickly leaving it feeling hydrated, soft and smelling delicious but not sticky. Although, I love the smell of this moisturiser, I don't like the smell of it when it's first applied and rubbed into the skin. I find that it smells very 'fake' and when I first used it I was a little gutted. However, don't panic because after 5 minutes or so, the original Strawberry smell returns and this lingers on the skin for a good few hours.


The body butter can be applied pretty much everywhere on the body (although I wouldn't really advise putting it on the face and obviously this isn't for use in 'personal' areas) and it's great to use after a bath or shower so not only does your skin soak up the moisturising goodness that it needs but you also smell super fruity and fabulous. If you have a Christmas party to go to and you want to smell amazing but look sparkly at the same time, this or one of the other The Body Shop body butters would be the perfect thing to use. Applying a thin layer of this and then spritzing 'The Sparkler' (HERE)  which is also from The Body Shop on top would make your Christmas sparkle last a little longer.  

This tub costs £13 for 200ml of product. I think that this really reasonable because you only need a small amount of product as it does a long way and you can really work it into the skin. The Body Shop are known for good quality, kind to the planet products and I think this would make a lovely Christmas gift for someone who likes to pamper themselves or even for yourself to use after a nice relaxing bath. I love this stuff and I am pleased to say that this hasn't affected or aggravated my sensitive eczema prone skin. Although I don't recommend applying it directly to any patches or eczema, problematic or broken skin (because it's fragranced) this body butter can still be used elsewhere!

Have you ever used The Body Shop Body Butters -
Which one is your favourite?

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

*C/O Talented Talkers
Product sent in consideration for review.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it? I love how it smells exactly like Calpol too haha xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Body Shop body butters, don't think there is one I don't like! This one and the coconut scents are my favourites.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There amazing! I love how thick and moisturising they are. I know so many people who love the coconut one but I'm just not a fan. In general, I don't like coconut much xx

      Delete
  3. This has to be one of the most amazing smelling body butters in the world, I love it! They also moisturised my skin amazingly...what more could you want?!

    Kassie - www.styledevoured.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best! Plus, you get to smell like a giant bottle of Calpol - yay! Haha xx

      Delete