Thursday, 2 January 2014

Liz Earle Muslin Cloths - Review

I know, I know, I've been seriously MIA from blogging this for the past few weeks; sorry! With a university presentation and exam to prepare for as well as dealing with somewhat of a family crisis, my blog has unfortunately been put on the back burner. Don't worry though, although posts may be slow I'm not giving up or taking a break. Frequent posts shall resume shortly, I hope!
Anyway, before I get into the main content of this post I would like to wish all of my readers and social media followers a BIG HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope that you all had a great festive period and welcomed 2014 in with style. How did you celebrate? Despite living and studying in London, I opted to stay at home and welcome in the new year with my family. Given the bereavement we have all recently suffered, welcoming in 2014 brought mixed emotions: a sense of relief that this could be a 'new year, new start' and sadness that we will be facing this new year without someone who was an integral part of our family.

I'm sure you're all familiar with Liz Earle and as you know a muslin cloth comes as standard with many of their products. The brand first introduced the muslin cloth with their cult cleansing product 'Cleanse & Polish'. The concept of using the muslin cloth with this cream cleanser was that it would act as a hot cloth. The rich creamy cleanser would remove makeup and free the skin of any nasties whilst the hot muslin cloth would be used in circular motions to remove the cleanser/dirt - polishing the skin, during this process. 

It's fair to say that I own a few of these cloths and I use them all the time. To get the best results from them you need to make sure that they don't become too soft. The cloths are meant to be a little rough so that they remove and lightly exfoliate the skin but in no way at all are they scratchy or too abrasive. For hygiene reasons, I prefer ever use these cloths once. However, you are able to use them a few more times before washing them - maybe 4 maximum? If you use a cream cleanser morning and night, that's two days usage; I don't think that's too bad? 

These cloths are really well made, they last a good amount of time, they wash well and they effectively remove product and left over makeup from the skin. Not only can they be used to remove cream cleansers, they can also be used to remove face masks, face washes and gel cleansers. I don't know why, but I cannot put my face directly into water or under a shower so I use these to remove all of the above; I cannot splash product off my face, I panic and water goes up my nose and all over the bathroom - awkward!! 

You can either hand wash the cloths or pop them in the washing machine - it's completely up to you. I have washed them both ways and they have been absolutely fine. The only slight gripe I have with the muslin cloths is that because they're quite thin and white they stain easily! I have a few that have stained more than others and although they are perfectly clean the slight makeup stains could suggest otherwise! However, this isn't an issue because they are not overly expensive to replace and you can pick up a pack of 6 for just over £10.

I shall definitely continue to repurchase these as they're a staple in my skincare
routine - I don't know what I'd do without them!

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

5 comments:

  1. i use it for wax !!! Happy new year dear !! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so versatile aren't they, I love them! Thank you lovely, a very late happy new year to you too xx

      Delete
  2. I've been debating getting these for a while now! This post has just swayed me completely! I thought they were more expensive than they actually are so I'm pretty chuffed after reading this.
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love being an enabler when it comes to people buying things haha! I hope you love them as much as I do! Glad the review helped xx

      Delete
  3. I will have to try these, great post, xx

    ReplyDelete