Monday, 27 January 2014

L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution

If you're a regular reader of beauty blogs, I'm sure that you have heard a lot about the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution. It seems that the beauty world has become obsessed with Micellar water - everyone is using them and every brand is creating them, they're everywhere. The first ever Micellar water I tried was the infamous Bioderma but unfortunately that left little to be desired and caused me to break out so I was a little skeptical of this offering from L'Oreal.

The thing that is super appealing about Micellar solution's is the fact that they make makeup removal easy. These type of products are a lazy girls dream - makeup removal takes under 60 seconds and requires minimal effort. The L'Oreal Micellar solution is a 3 in 1 formula and claims to dissolve makeup, unclog pores/remove impurities and tone/soothe the skin.


Although I don't think that this Micellar solution completely removes all traces of makeup from the skin, it definitely does a good job in doing so. I like to start off my morning and evening skincare regime by using some of this on a cotton pad. In the morning, I use some of this to just refresh my face and in the evening I like to use 2 or 3 pads to remove the makeup that is on the surface of my skin before properly cleansing to remove any left over residue and to clear my skin of impurities. 

When I used this Skin Perfecting Micellar Solution, my skin looks great. I really feel a difference. Although this doesn't have the ability to fight spots on it's own, I definitely feel as though it helps to clear and improve the skin; which is one of L'Oreal's product claims. When I first started using this around 6 weeks ago consecutively day and night for a few days, I noticed a visible improvement. I really do think that this Micellar solution helps to clear impurities, soothe and tone the skin.


I like the packaging of this L'Oreal product and as I said in the review of their eye makeup remover I feel as though they've upped their game in the makeup remover department. This product comes in a plastic bottle which means it's perfect for leaving in your bathroom or taking with you on holiday. For 200ml of solution, this product costs £4.99 but it often on offer for considerably less so keep your eyes peeled for offers! 

For those people wondering whether or not they should try this or Bioderma, I'd have to say to go for this offering from L'Oreal. Bioderma is at least triple the price of this and I really disliked it - it didn't live up to the hype at all. Whereas Bioderma aggravated my skin and caused it to break out, this does nothing of the type. My skin really likes this Micellar solution and I'm glad I took the plunge and decided to try it. When you apply it to your face, I feel as though it cools the skin and leaves it feeling soothed and refreshed; it's just like applying some water to your face. 

On average, I find that this 200ml bottle lasts me between 4 and 6 weeks which is amazing considering I usually use it twice a day; you don't need a lot. If you're wondering whether to try a product such as this one, I would say go for it! Although skincare is an incredibly subjective thing, if you prefer to remove your daily makeup with wipes I'd advise you to ditch them and use this - it's just as quick but I guarantee you, you'll see far better results!

Have you tried this Micellar Solution? What do you think of it?
I will definitely continue to repurchase this - I love it. 

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

4 comments:

  1. Owww you have convinced me hahaha!

    Kiss kiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit like this - resisting for as long as I possibly could and then I caved in and bought it! I hope you like it xx

      Delete
  2. I love this too! I'm so lazy and this easily gets off my make up, even waterproof mascara!

    rosielouiselove xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using this after a makeup wipe but before my cleanser. It's surprising how much makeup it takes off xx

      Delete