Monday, 10 February 2014

New Product Alert - L'Oreal Fibrology

If you suffer from limp and lifeless hair that needs an bit of added oomph or want to add a little extra thickness to your long locks, I'm sure that L'Oreal's latest hair offering is going to excite you! Whenever something claims to thicken, strengthen or make my hair grow; I'm all over it. When I was a lot younger, used to have crazy thick hair. I'm talking so thick my hairdresser (who at the time was a poor trainee and was always given the task or managing my mane) used to spend a good hour trying to blow dry it ready for cutting and straightening. However, as I've got older my hair has definitely thinned down. I'm not talking thinning hair in bad way but by way of natural changes, my hair is no where near as thick as it used to be. My hair isn't what most would describe as being 'thin' but a little extra thickness and volume didn't hurt anyone did it?

L'Oreal Fibrology is the product of 17 years of research and 8 years of testing (according to the official L'Oreal website) so this product has been in the pipeline for a long time! Queue the science-y bit, throughout all their years of research, L'Oreal have been working with the specifically formulated Filloxane Molecule. Filloxane is designed to thicken the hair and L'Oreal claim that after just one wash (using the shampoo, conditioner and other products in the range) you will be able to see a visible difference in the hair. Whilst other thickening treatments just coat the hair in a layer of whatever (often just leaving hair feeling heavy and weighed down - not thicker), this product actually penetrates the individual hair fibre and thickens them this way. The awesome thing about L'Oreal Fibrology is that after 8 consecutive uses of the shampoo and conditioner, the Filloxane remains in the hair fibre for the next 10 washes; regardless of what shampoo you use.



Within the Fibrology range, there are 5 products:

- L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo
- L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Conditioner
- L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Masque
- L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickness Booser (designed to be mixed with conditioner or hair masque and contains the highest concentration of Filloxane within the whole Fibrology range) 
- L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickness Creation Double Serum

I think it's safe to say that this new range of hair goodies sounds amazing and given the fact that the products start from as little as £2.99 L'Oreal have provided us with an effective thickening hair care range that is suitable for everyone's budget. I have very high hopes for this range and if it's as good as their Triple Resist range I will be a very happy girl.

The L'Oreal Fibrology range is currently on a 3 for £10 offer in Boots stores - 
this offer includes everything pictured above and the small shampoo/conditioners
which are not pictured. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow lots like a really good set of products, cant wait to try them out :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look good! Will have a look in Boots while they are on offer.

    http://jo-beautyandthebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely giving the range a try, so far I've only used the shampoo a handful of times (as I'm using up the L'Oreal Triple Resist conditioner) and my hair has been great :) The 3 for £10 offer lasts until February 18th, I believe x

      Delete
  3. i shall look out for this in boots

    ReplyDelete