Monday, 3 March 2014

21st Birthday Round Up

I recently celebrated my 21st birthday at home with friends and family and I had an amazing time. It was nice to just escape London and be able to properly chill out; something which I always appreciate. If you follow me on social media and especially Instagram then I am sure you will have seen all of the birthday related pictures I posted and noticed how much fun I was having. I do apologise for going a little birthday crazy haha! I was asked by a few people on Twitter whether or not I would be blogging about my birthday and I have to say that I deliberated over the issue for quite some time. Hence why this birthday post is going live exactly 2 weeks after the actual event itself took place. Here in the England, there are quite a few birthdays that are considered to be 'big' and therefore the celebrations and presents are usually considerably more extravagant than the rest of the years. For this reason, I didn't want to do a haul as such because I didn't think it would be entirely appropriate.

So after some consideration I decided instead of doing a haul post and running the risk of looking like I am some form of bragging extraordinaire or a spoilt brat (unfortunately, there are some people in this world who cannot be happy for others) I thought that I would do what I am calling my birthday round up - sharing a few pictures with you and a little bit of information about what I got up to with friends and family to celebrate. This is something that I have never done before on my blog so I hope you all enjoy having a nose into my 21st birthday celebrations ... 

Celebrating in a very wet Covent Garden...
The temptation of seeing my presets displayed was too temping -
(day before birthday)
3:30 wake up call - Happy Birthday meeee!...
Birthday Girl!!...
Someone enjoyed the house being filled with balloons...
A cake lovingly decorated with everything I like - Purple, bling and Colin the Caterpillar...
My aunties idea of teasing me making me think I'd got a ring...
I got the ring!!!
A toast to health, happiness and many more happy years to come...
I love Bucks Fizz...
Sitting back enjoying some Champagne...
Pink Champagne! It was beautiful, can we have this more often?...
Chanel, you melt my heart and make me smell amazing...
Chanel, Lancome and Burberry - a beauty bloggers dream...
What I can only describe as being the must have palette for blue eyes...

I had an absolutely amazing birthday and those who provided me with gifts (which was extremely thoughtful and completely unexpected) know how thankful I am and my family know that I couldn't have been happier on the day. They planned everything perfectly and not only did I have a wonderful birthday I also had an amazing birthday week. Turning 21 truly was special! It was absolutely perfect. I know I have already said this online but just in case anyone missed that Tweet or doesn't follow me on Twitter I would just like to thank everyone again who took the time and effort to wish me a happy birthday on both Twitter and Instagram; it was extremely kind. 

To celebrate and to give something back to you guys who read my blog, when I reach my next follower/page view milestones
I shall be holding a giveaway so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

1 comment:

  1. Awww! This is so cute, I love the 3.30am wake up call! Hahah
    Estelle x
    letmegoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete