Monday, 19 May 2014

LookFantastic.com - Ole Henriksen skincare

If you're familiar with the super hyped up beauty products that every beauty blogger either loves or has tried out, then I'm sure you will have heard of Ole Henriksen skincare - especially his makeup wipes! Now I know some people look upon face wipes as though they are the work of the devil but I for one quite enjoy using them. There is something about a makeup wipe that is extremely handy and useful for when you're, on the go, travelling or just want quick and easy makeup removal. I like to use a makeup wipe to remove my makeup before cleansing on those days where I can't be bothered faffing around with a Micellar water or doing a double cleanse.

I have heard a lot about the Ole Henriksen wipes so I have always harbored the intention of trying them out. The Truth To Go wipes are probably the ones that I have heard the most about because people such as FleurdeForce and TalkBeckyTalk are always saying how much they love them so I definitely wanted to try those ones in particular. When I was having a look on Look Fantastic, a while back, I noticed that they were having an Ole Henriksen promotion that consisted of a free gift when you purchased 2 or more items of his skincare. Of course, being the sucker that I am for a good beauty freebie I instantly started looking at his much coveted makeup wipes and what they could offer me and my skin. Did I really need them? Probably not but I got them anyway...

Ole Henriksen Truth To Go wipes 10 pack £6.00 | Ole Henriksen Makeup Removing wipes 25 pack £12.00 |
Ole Heriksen Oil-free Pore Refining wipes 25 pack £12.00 | Ole Henriksen Face Sponge 2 pack £3.00


If you follow me on Instagram, you probably already know about this makeup wipe splurge and would be forgiven for thinking I went a little bit crazy because quite frankly I did! To make the most of the buy 2 things and get a free gift offer, I placed 2 separate orders - something which I was quite proud of, a brief  moment of feeling like a genius and a super satisfied shopper! I purchased all 3 kinds of  the makeup wipes because I didn't know which one to go for. I liked the fact that there was one designed to remove makeup, one for helping pores and another that was gentle, moisturising and had anti ageing properties. 

The first order I placed was for the Makeup Removing and Truth To Go wipes and I received another packet of them free. It might seem silly spending money on something that I would have got free anyway but I bought them for someone and I couldn't knowingly give someone a freebie present! 
The second order I placed was for the Oil-free Pore Refining wipes and the Face Sponges. I thought I would try the oil free wipes and I knew that the face sponges would have come in super handy! The sponges remind me of super skinny Snack a Jacks because they're really flat but once they come into contact with water they puff up into a spongy sponge. I liked the the idea of using these with a face mask such as the Origins Clear Improvement one because that can sometimes be a little tricky. Again, because I had bought 2 things, I qualified for the free gift which meant I received another 10 pack of the Truth To Go wipes. 

I wouldn't normally spend an awful lot of money on face wipes because I love my Simple Kind to Skin ones but I fancied trying something new and I did get a really good deal on these. On top of receiving the 2 free packets of the Truth To Go wipes (which cost £6 each to buy), I also received 20% off both of my orders. Plus free delivery. 

I know that I will use all of these face wipes! The 2 free packets of the Truth To Go ones will be perfect for travelling with and I know that the person who receives the packet I bought  as a present will love them. As always I shall review off of these products on here in the near future and I hope you are all having a wonderful week!

Up next: Feeling spendy at Clinique

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

No comments:

Post a Comment