Saturday, 10 May 2014

Where Have I Been & I'M BACK!

Hello everybody, hello Internet; I'm finally back, you're not seeing things, it is me!! It goes without saying that throughout the latter part of March, the whole of April and for the beginning of this month I have been rubbish  extremely flakey when it comes to blogging. Although I know I don't, I do feel as though I owe you an apology for not being around for way over a month. I have a lot of loyal readers and I really don't want to let any of you down.

Usually when I sit down to write a blog post, the words flow easily and I have a pretty good idea of what I want to say but today I'm finding it hard; not because I've lost my passion for writing but because I feel as though this post is going to be a little bit more personal...

The main cause of my blogging absence is that I just haven't been 'feeling it'. In December, right after I returned home for Christmas, my Great Auntie (who I called Auntie - so that's what I shall call her now) passed away. I don't want to divulge too much information for personal/family reasons but to say things have been hard is an understatement. Possibly the understatement of the century.

When you add university into the mix, it may become clear why I haven't been around. I'm that you're all aware of that fact that I am a student. I study law and it's hard. Really hard, in all aspects; work, intensity and pressure. I'm also a third year so everything is pretty crazy right now. Although I was silly enough to choose a 4 year course. WHY?! Basically throughout April and for a few days this month, I have been a slave to my studying; coursework, revision and exams. Instead of 'eat, sleep, rave, repeat', as the song goes (an awful song, by the way), for me it has been 'eat, study, stress, repeat'.

On a few occasions where I have had a few moments to myself, I have tried to sit down and blog but it just wasn't happening. When your mind is full of all sorts, it's hard to sit down and write something beauty related. What I wanted to say just wasn't coming out correctly, it was frustrating because blogging is a great passion of mine but I knew that my degree had to take priority!

I guess you could say that my absence from blogging has been a break that I have subconsciously taken. To be honest, I think this is the best thing that could happened. Looking back, it would either have been me writing awful reviews and features or not being around for a while and coming back with a vengeance and full of passion. Of course, the second option sounds much more appealing and this is what has happened! I am back, full of ideas and here to stay!

As well as being thankful for everyone else I have in my life at the moment, I would like to thank all of you who come here to read the Little Beauty Blogg for not deserting this page. To anyone that has been reading my blog whilst I have been away, may have been coming back to see if I have published a new post, has wished me well for my exams, spoken to my on Twitter or on any other social media you are awesome!

Here is a little hint of what is to come on my blog for the next few posts -
shop-shop-SHOPPING!! 


Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

PS. you have no idea how hard is to try and write a blog post whilst singing along to Eurovision and watching all of their crazy stage antics!! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a tough time. The uni year is nearly over though :) and seriously try and enjoy the last one because the working world is not quite so much fun!! Looking forward to new blog posts XX

    xxalldolledupxx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete