Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Remember To Be Happy...

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love blogging and if you follow me you will know that I am always using social media. For some reason, like most young adults and teenagers these days, I forever have my phone stuck to my hand. Whether I am texting someone, chatting on the phone, browsing Twitter and Instagram or even trawling through Facebook reading the latest absurd status someone has posted and thinking 'I really don't care', I am on my phone. Yet the same really doesn't apply to my laptop or to Blogger.

I don't know what has happened over the past few months because I have genuinely not felt the need or the urge to blog. It's funny really because I have been buying things and taking pictures of products to show and review for you all yet the actual act of me writing about what I have been photographing hasn't happened.

When you're a blogger, you get the opportunity to meet a lot of new people and along with this you get to see their blog. More often than not, I find myself thinking 'I wish my blog was like that' because their photos are perfect, their posts always look amazing and so well put together and their whole blog layout is really good. Then I look at my little old blog and whilst I am super duper proud of my little slice of the internet and love every single one of you who has ever left me a lovely comment on here or on social media, I have just been lacking confidence and inspiration lately.

I found myself going through a stage where I lacked inspiration and worried that my blog was becoming a bit too 'samey'. Please don't get me wrong, I absolutely love shopping and reading/watching hauls is probably one of my favourite ways to procrastinate but I didn't want to feel like all I had to my name in the blogging world was shopping. I knew the direction that I wanted to go in but I didn't know how to get there. It was like I needed some form of blogging SatNav to be able to guide me and give me some directional advice but obviously that didn't happen because 1. they don't exist and 2. no one ever made a success of things by being handed it on a plate.

As well as lacking inspiration and having that 'oh my god, my blog isn't good enough, it's crap' freak out that I am sure most bloggers know all too well, I just have not had the time! In the midst of moving back home from London for the summer holidays I had: been away, sat at my laptop trying to overcome blogger/writers block for numerous hours, had a massive 'life doubt/what am I going to do next...' crisis, prepared to move back to London, spent over a month battling skin complaints and infections and all whilst setting up my own online website! Oh and playing a lot of Mario Kart 8 with my mum and auntie. Everything didn't happen in that exact order but I think that you get the idea of how crazy things have been.

In regards to my website, I shall definitely be doing a post on that soon because I never in a million years anticipated that anyone would be interested in anything that I had to offer. I thought that maybe I would have like one order a year and for me that would still have meant as much as having thousands of orders a day would! Of course, I don't receive thousands of orders a day because if I did I wouldn't be sat here right now I would be on some exotic island chilling out or be somewhere fabulous spending all of my new found fortune on some crazy shopping trip. I think the latter sounds more 'me'! However, in between all of the ordering stock, re ordering stock, counting the stock, photographing the stock, making the orders by hand, packing the orders, dispatching the orders, answering numerous emails and running various social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; time has most definitely ran away with me lately. I feel as though one minute it was the end of May when I was moving back home and I have suddenly blinked and it's not late September - wow, just wow.

There really is more to life than social media and trying to please people.
Be yourself, don't feel pressured to be someone you're not for 'likes' and
enjoy life whilst you have the chance..

I always knew that I would return back to blogging but I just was never 100% sure of when that would be. Like I said, all summer I have been taking photos which were all intended to accompany blog posts but I just couldn't find the words to write anything. When I signed into blogger and I noticed that people were still coming here to visit the page and that I had almost GFC 400 followers, I was blown away. I never imagined that people would want to read what I was writing about on here anyway so to think that people have been visiting regardless of my lack of activity and have potentially been reading my old posts; I was blown away.

I still don't know exactly which direction I want to take my blog in but I do know that it is still going to be based firmly around beauty as it is something that I am really passionate about. Of course, I will still be posting product reviews and possibly some hauls but I want to be able to share them in a way that doesn't make me look like I am playing some kind of 'who can buy and show the most amount of stuff which they have recently bought' kind of game because that just isn't me. Despite how someone may appear on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or even on their blog by way of what they write about and the items they choose to share with their followers and readers, despite what most people think the majority of beauty bloggers that I know are lovely girls who just simply want to share their happiness and new goodies with like minded people.


Thank you all for being so awesome..

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

2 comments:

  1. This was amazing. I hope your website does well! Theres nothing wrong with taking time and slowing down a bit- or playing Mario Kart 8 for that matter ;)
    Lovely post :)

    http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really amazing !
    xoxo

    www.sorananistor.com

    ReplyDelete